A3DR updated NFS Tournament Class B with a new update entry:

Big physics update + visual improvements and fixes

DELETE OLD FOLDERS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION
CSP 1.60 recommended

v1.5 changelog

Physics

• changed all tires over to custom load sensitivity curves
  • homogenized and properly scaled some tire values across all cars
  • reduced available tires to 90s/modern streets (90s default) for the stock cars
  • reduced available tires to modern street/semis (semis default) on the tuned cars
  • adjusted some suspension setup values in response...

Read the rest of this update entry...

a3dr thanks for this but one issue- new version got rid of semi-slicks or HR tires, so I can't compare these classics to the modern cars

Unfortunately content manager in the last few months doesn't allow me to add tire sets to the cars like it used to.
Do you have any idea why? If I clear the tires I can add my own but I can't add to existing set. Ugh I hate software

At some point having SM as default was almost a requirement, as KS road content driven by AI will use them, causing road cars with similar p/w being imbalanced when tyre choices among the grid were too different (as SVs vs STs vs SMs). The few ks exceptions were maybe the 288gto and f40 with STs as default instead of SMs.
Having SMs not as the first option indexed but still as default like most ks road cars do, also caused the issue of default pressures applied being for the first set instead of the currently selected one (which caused high road road tyres pressures on SMs when not with 0 index, so the user had to drop them at session start).

But given the recent trend to have cars with their era correct tyres as default (for which suspensions were tuned), I think this is the way to go if all releases follow suit. Still, it's always good to have a top performance modern road/summer tyre available (as the current alternative ST), as it's what you'd probably use if you had a 90s supercar today.

Last edited:
It shouldn't matter how the old cars fare to the modern counterparts because the tire sizes are completely different nor are the compounds not the same between one SM tire to another most of the time. Well except in our mods which do have somewhat homogenized generic SM/ST tires, and then more unique OEM tires.

Not the best plan to add random Kunos tires anyway, the cars won't work as intended. That's sort of the exact reason I just put 200 hours of work into this update.
I thought the tire models were model agnostic, the key issue being the size and pressure?
Funny, because it's worked well with a few cars that came with horrible v3 tires. One was an EVO 8 400 which with SM of close size ran laps similar to cars in its class.
But I'm going to keep whining why content manager broke the ability to change tires, I can't even change the order of them (which was mentioned, does affect the default starting pressures)

Last edited:
I thought the tire models were model agnostic, the key issue being the size and pressure?
Funny, because it's worked well with a few cars that came with horrible v3 tires. One was an EVO 8 400 which with SM of close size ran laps similar to cars in its class.
But I'm going to keep whining why content manager broke the ability to change tires, I can't even change the order of them (which was mentioned, does affect the default starting pressures)
you can't compare these mods with those facebook/discord mods, most are just copy/paste physics. You can't put same tire irl neither to different cars, unless it's the same size on the 3 measures of the tires (witdth, profile and diameter)

Last edited:
Size only matters for the reference rolling diameter. Wheel size is for popped tire collisions, width is for skidmark size.

Everything else you just input in. You can have a 165mm road tire with F1 slick grip if you want.

@BeJasper
a ) Sorry to address you this way, as I'm not a creator of this mod. But did it ever occur to you that on the Viper it wasn't as trivial to add an odometer as on the other cars? Those new odometers were the first analog ones added by a3dr, and I bet it can get extremely discouraging to get that kind of reaction after taking the time to add a detail on cars that never had them (and they've been around as reference mods for long without "needing" these features), only to get pointed that this package isn't 5 star deserving because one car misses it.
Please see stuff like that as bonus on cars that have them, not as missing features on the others. At this point, CSP takes many other concerns when releasing a mod and it all requires a lot of time, not to mention that these details can turn into a headache.

b) Will this be enough for you to update that incredibly unjust 4 star review? :coffee:

The odometer zone isn't on a delimited object, so the formatting possibilities are (fwik) more limited than on the Porsches to match the original digits. So, it'll look a bit off as it isn't masked so you could crop to make some visual adjustments quickly, like digit height/upper border via v scale.
It'll then need to cover but not exceed the original texture area that won't look perfectly aligned with the lit emissive zone over it (to make things worse this csp overlay doesn't seem to align pixel perfect, so it'll flicker a bit on the dark edges bellow when not going over them). Finally it'll require a multi custom emissive to light up the odometer areas, roughly aligned with the other two. So, well, please add the following to a3dr_viper_rt10\extension\ext_config.ini until someone has the patience and skill to do a better job than me:
Code:
[ODOMETER_MAIN]
ACTIVE = 1
NAME = GAUGES
FONT = odometer_font
BLEND_MODE = 0
POSITION= 176, 168
COUNT = 6
SCALE = 1,1
SIZE = 154, 32
DIGIT_WIDTH = 20
COUNT = 6
BACKGROUND = 0.16, 0.16, 0.16
COLOR = 0.84, 0.84, 0.84
JITTER = 0.015
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL = 5
OUTPUT_MULT = 0.6213712

[ODOMETER_TRIP]
ACTIVE = 1
NAME = GAUGES
FONT = odometer_font
BLEND_MODE = 0
POSITION= 178, 309
SCALE = 1,1
SIZE = 152, 30
DIGIT_WIDTH = 20
COUNT = 4
BACKGROUND = 0.16, 0.16, 0.16
COLOR = 0.84, 0.84, 0.84
JITTER = 0.03
LAST_DIGIT_BACKGROUND = 0.84, 0.84, 0.84
LAST_DIGIT_BACKGROUND_LOCATION = 116, 36
LAST_DIGIT_COLOR = 0.16, 0.16, 0.16
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL = 1
OUTPUT_MULT = 0.6213712

[INCLUDE: common/custom_emissive.ini]
[CustomEmissiveMulti]
Meshes = GAUGES
UseEmissive0AsFallback = 0
Resolution = 1024, 1024
@ = AlphaFromTxDiffuse
@ = DashHighlight
@ = MultiItem, Role = LIGHT, Start = "176, 168", Size = "152, 30", Color = "0.75, 0.75, 0.75", CornerRadius = 0.02
@ = MultiItem, Role = LIGHT, Start = "178, 311", Size = "152, 29", Color = "0.75, 0.75, 0.75", CornerRadius = 0.02
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_okayama_10-9-120-2-58-30.jpgScreenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_okayama_10-9-120-2-58-33.jpgScreenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_okayama_10-9-120-2-58-41.jpg

If you come across it, beware that some csp previews might fail to display analog odometers on all cars. All should be fine on current recommended 0.1.60. Also, as on any other car, for the main odometer to work you should have a supporting app like Stereo's Odometer or Sidekick. Even if not active, the presence of odometers.txt on their folders is required to load prev. distances at session start.

Now that I've finally found some time to drive, I'll just leave a note that the stock vette still has available SM's as default. Not sure if intended :)

Last edited:
Are you sure you're not in the S1 somehow? I just unpacked the .acd from the final test version and the tires look right. Unless there was a last-second ninja update that scrambled the tires... :ninja:

That's a weird one, my data.acd included on 1.5, dated : 2020/09/07
File: data.acd
CRC-32: 1a30fbd7
MD5: 4901fce2bbf9c6df3034b9090e251e7e
SHA-1: a280911612897d7ae4993f5542fa7a92d8ab8cd5

And its tyres.ini has SM as index 0

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 6 23.1%