NFS Tournament Class B

Cars NFS Tournament Class B 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Btw, the latest soundbank from AmplifiedNL which is included on the ZR-1s has an issue that can cause a lot of crackling/popping (there was another about it on its own thread) vs some AI grids. I can reproduce it by setting a 15 AI car grid of ZR-1s on Okayama Piper and starting from last. Just rev the engine on Neutral before green light and it should be noticeable, it can then remain during the rest of the race being more noticeable when braking into corners driving near the pack, or come and go if you change cameras. The older version (first release dated 2018-10-22) doesn't seem to cause it (or at least its less noticeable), but might not sound as good under regular conditions.

Last edited:
Here's a nice shot of it:

This is how it looks now:
View attachment 368830
With some minor tweaks:
View attachment 368831
View attachment 368832

They need more adjustments I think, but they already look better even in different light conditions

View attachment 368833

These look a bit plain too, but maybe that's intended?

View attachment 368834

There's no rush, really!
Thanks, yea I already tuned it a bit. I think the biggest problem is when the sun is at low angle and shines directly at the wheel, making it very bright -- perhaps the specularExp should be greater?

Ideally, I would like to achieve this result:
1990-chevrolet-corvette-zr1

Last edited:
Yeah it's a bit tricky to get a proper polished material, not sure if it can be achieved 100%. I've messed with them a bit more:

1588515406325.png

I guess it's close to your settings on the last pics now. Good call on the nut holes, as much as I appreciate the "old school" ways, it was odd looking compared to the rest of the car.

Screenshot_corvette_c4_zr1_ks_black_cat_county_3-5-120-11-23-6.jpg

Last edited:
What's the difference between isAdditive=1 and isAdditive=2?
Also, what does sunSpecular actually do?
The additive value adds or subtracts some sort of falloff reflection, try it for yourself on different surfaces and you'll see the difference.
the sunSpecular is what gives an additional spec over the main one, is what the paint shader uses for that metallic effect.

Hey, just a small thing, but the G27 LEDs go ballistic on the viper, ramping up at low rpms, and flashing nonstop while in the powerband. Is there any way to fix that but keep the LEDs?

Last edited:
Hey, just a small thing, but the G27 LEDs go ballistic on the viper, ramping up at low rpms, and flashing nonstop while in the powerband. Is there any way to fix that but keep the LEDs?
At least from my end, I have no idea what could cause that.

Hi guys,

Noticed that the objects brakes.ini refers to as discs for the Viper's glow graphics are wrong:

currently:
[DISCS_GRAPHICS]
DISC_LF=GEO_DISC_LF_002
DISC_RF=GEO_DISC_RF_002
DISC_LR=GEO_DISC_LR_002
DISC_RR=GEO_DISC_RR_002

correct ones are:
[DISCS_GRAPHICS]
DISC_LF=Cylinder001_SUB1
DISC_RF=Cylinder014_SUB1
DISC_LR=Cylinder002_SUB1
DISC_RR=Cylinder016_SUB1

Found the culprit of the weird led flashing on the viper. The Led's are set to start at 1800 and end at 2500. This doesn't have much to do with vanilla support I don't think.
Annotation 2020-08-28 111528.png

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 192 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 123 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 131 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 78 27.4%
Back