NFS Tournament Class B

Cars NFS Tournament Class B 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Guess I have some examining to do. :unsure:

Edit: Welp, looks like the physics updates didn't survive the last-second folder name change. I guess don't expect much of a change from the Corvettes this update. :p

Last edited:
Guess I have some examining to do. :unsure:

Edit: Welp, looks like the physics updates didn't survive the last-second folder name change. I guess don't expect much of a change from the Corvettes this update. :p
Hm... that's strange. I didn't mess around with the physics files or anything... so either I didn't have the updates, or... aliens?

Hm... that's strange. I didn't mess around with the physics files or anything... so either I didn't have the updates, or... aliens?

The "final" release candidate I was sent to verify is fine, but that came my way while Dan was trying to get in touch with you so obviously that was before you'd sent the 'Vette updates. Clearly the physics just didn't get ported over after that point. Not a big deal... but a good excuse to update with some of @AlleyViper 's CSP fixes relatively soon, I guess. ;)

I'll port my changes over to the fresh data folder I extracted from this release... will update you and Dan here in ~30 mins. Get us all on the same page.

@BeJasper
a ) Sorry to address you this way, as I'm not a creator of this mod. But did it ever occur to you that on the Viper it wasn't as trivial to add an odometer as on the other cars? Those new odometers were the first analog ones added by a3dr, and I bet it can get extremely discouraging to get that kind of reaction after taking the time to add a detail on cars that never had them (and they've been around as reference mods for long without "needing" these features), only to get pointed that this package isn't 5 star deserving because one car misses it.
Please see stuff like that as bonus on cars that have them, not as missing features on the others. At this point, CSP takes many other concerns when releasing a mod and it all requires a lot of time, not to mention that these details can turn into a headache.

b) Will this be enough for you to update that incredibly unjust 4 star review? :coffee:

The odometer zone isn't on a delimited object, so the formatting possibilities are (fwik) more limited than on the Porsches to match the original digits. So, it'll look a bit off as it isn't masked so you could crop to make some visual adjustments quickly, like digit height/upper border via v scale.
It'll then need to cover but not exceed the original texture area that won't look perfectly aligned with the lit emissive zone over it (to make things worse this csp overlay doesn't seem to align pixel perfect, so it'll flicker a bit on the dark edges bellow when not going over them). Finally it'll require a multi custom emissive to light up the odometer areas, roughly aligned with the other two. So, well, please add the following to a3dr_viper_rt10\extension\ext_config.ini until someone has the patience and skill to do a better job than me:
Code:
[ODOMETER_MAIN]
ACTIVE = 1
NAME = GAUGES
FONT = odometer_font
BLEND_MODE = 0
POSITION= 176, 168
COUNT = 6
SCALE = 1,1
SIZE = 154, 32
DIGIT_WIDTH = 20
COUNT = 6
BACKGROUND = 0.16, 0.16, 0.16
COLOR = 0.84, 0.84, 0.84
JITTER = 0.015
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL = 5
OUTPUT_MULT = 0.6213712

[ODOMETER_TRIP]
ACTIVE = 1
NAME = GAUGES
FONT = odometer_font
BLEND_MODE = 0
POSITION= 178, 309
SCALE = 1,1
SIZE = 152, 30
DIGIT_WIDTH = 20
COUNT = 4
BACKGROUND = 0.16, 0.16, 0.16
COLOR = 0.84, 0.84, 0.84
JITTER = 0.03
LAST_DIGIT_BACKGROUND = 0.84, 0.84, 0.84
LAST_DIGIT_BACKGROUND_LOCATION = 116, 36
LAST_DIGIT_COLOR = 0.16, 0.16, 0.16
MOVEMENT_INTERVAL = 1
OUTPUT_MULT = 0.6213712

[INCLUDE: common/custom_emissive.ini]
[CustomEmissiveMulti]
Meshes = GAUGES
UseEmissive0AsFallback = 0
Resolution = 1024, 1024
@ = AlphaFromTxDiffuse
@ = DashHighlight
@ = MultiItem, Role = LIGHT, Start = "176, 168", Size = "152, 30", Color = "0.75, 0.75, 0.75", CornerRadius = 0.02
@ = MultiItem, Role = LIGHT, Start = "178, 311", Size = "152, 29", Color = "0.75, 0.75, 0.75", CornerRadius = 0.02
View attachment 404989View attachment 404990View attachment 404991

If you come across it, beware that some csp previews might fail to display analog odometers on all cars. All should be fine on current recommended 0.1.60. Also, as on any other car, for the main odometer to work you should have a supporting app like Stereo's Odometer or Sidekick. Even if not active, the presence of odometers.txt on their folders is required to load prev. distances at session start.

Now that I've finally found some time to drive, I'll just leave a note that the stock vette still has available SM's as default. Not sure if intended :)
Thanks for your detailed response and the effort you put in, I didn't know that much of the way it worked and how hard it is. Now it deserves a 5/5 :)

Last edited:
Size only matters for the reference rolling diameter. Wheel size is for popped tire collisions, width is for skidmark size.

Everything else you just input in. You can have a 165mm road tire with F1 slick grip if you want.
Yes, my point is that if I use SM from a similar kunos car, it will be the same like if swapping those tires in real life.
I don't see the need for crazy custom tires- if I believe the engine works like that- where tires are modular and there are general constants etc. That's why I love assetto corsa.

BTW, do you know why the later content managers don't allow for adding/replacing/reordering tires?
Am I missing a setting? I have the option and advanced mode on.

Yes, my point is that if I use SM from a similar kunos car, it will be the same like if swapping those tires in real life.
I don't see the need for crazy custom tires- if I believe the engine works like that- where tires are modular and there are general constants etc. That's why I love assetto corsa.

BTW, do you know why the later content managers don't allow for adding/replacing/reordering tires?
Am I missing a setting? I have the option and advanced mode on.
No, it's not gonna be. At all. You'll just get whatever KS decided was fine for that tire. There's no such thing as a "custom tire", or a "non-custom tire" apart from I suppose some .lut implementations, which are included in vanilla but unused by KS.

The KS tires are just likely initially generated with their tire tool, then tweaked to get the (more often than not incorrect car suspension) to drive as expected, with the usual typo or mistake here and there, with no real consistency in any but a few generic unchanging values either. The CTR for example has like 20% too much rear grip due to the bad rear suspension implementation. Every other tire is also varying degrees of magic to accommodate for such factors. We at least try to keep it reality based.

There are some algorithms which can't be tweaked which work based on the input values, so you can't change *everything*, but the tires are not physical based enough to just automatically work right. You need to make a conscious decision for what *exactly* is the value for anything that's important. Even in physical based models you need to massage it a lot; much more-so than in these more Pacejka based models where you can just input in the correct values.

Or you can manually swap in some SM tires from a KS car, that's fine too. It's not so hard to open data and transfer what tires you want. Just know you'll get something that might or might not work well at all depending on the amount of magic.

@Leonardo Ratafiá It's reported by now :thumbsup: ; to have the abs off light and handbrake light working on the C2 just like in the C4 you'll need to add to Meshes = INT_gauges_lights, INT_gauges_lights_HB, INT_gauges_lights_handbrake under [CustomEmissiveMulti], because of these last two separate meshes vs the C4. The engine dash warning will only light up after you break the engine.
Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_lilski_road_america_14-9-120-3-47-41.jpg

PS: And yeah, analog odometers for all cars were broken in .63 preview builds I tested. By then it was reported, among a few other csp-side issues seen on this pack that could affect other content.
IMHO, when it affects all cars, this sort of stuff should be forwarded by patreons to x4fab before it reaches a public build, as moders hands are tied. The E30 M3 and CTR (maintained by x4fab) are usually the reference cars to check these kind of functions.
odo_fail.png
correct values projected over the texture seen on object inspector but not on cockpit

Last edited:
@Leonardo Ratafiá It's reported by now :thumbsup: ; to have the abs off light and handbrake light working on the C2 just like in the C4 you'll need to add to Meshes = INT_gauges_lights, INT_gauges_lights_HB, INT_gauges_lights_handbrake under [CustomEmissiveMulti], because of these last two separate meshes vs the C4. The engine dash warning will only light up after you break the engine.
View attachment 405963

PS: And yeah, analog odometers for all cars were broken in .63 preview builds I tested. By then it was reported, among a few other csp-side issues seen on this pack that could affect other content.
IMHO, when it affects all cars, this sort of stuff should be forwarded by patreons to x4fab before it reaches a public build, as moders hands are tied. The E30 M3 and CTR (maintained by x4fab) are usually the reference cars to check these kind of functions.
View attachment 405964
correct values projected over the texture seen on object inspector but not on cockpit
thanks, I figured it could be a CSP thing

No, it's not gonna be. At all. You'll just get whatever KS decided was fine for that tire. There's no such thing as a "custom tire", or a "non-custom tire" apart from I suppose some .lut implementations, which are included in vanilla but unused by KS.
I guess where I'm coming from is that can your custom cars come with a "SM" also, so we can use them for track comparisons... If you know the difference between street performance vs semislick... Or are you saying those tires are already a "SM" like of tire? It's hard to see what is a proper comparison to the current kunos and other decent 3rd party cars. It's sort of my own little project to compare cars without the costs involved lol

Hi A3DR,

Thank you for creating these beautiful mods. Your attention to detail is outstanding. Unfortunately, I have come across a problem with the Viper where the taillights don't light up when the headlights are turned on and the brake lights don't light up when I brake. Also, only the right side highbeam light turns on. Please see the screenshots. I am using CSP 1.60 by the way. Would you know how I can fix this issue?
No_taillights.jpg
MIssing_Highbeam.jpg

You can't rely on cm showroom (or even vanilla) for cars made for refracting headlights on csp, because emissive stuff is set via external config, overriding lights.ini. If ingame it's the same as in showroom, then ensure on cm>settings>csp>reflections fx "refractive surfaces for headlights" are enabled. The missing left light was probably just a mishap, but doesn't affect when ac is running as intended under csp:
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_endlessfloor_15-9-120-7-16-58.jpgScreenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_endlessfloor_15-9-120-7-16-39.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the same situation happens ingame. In the Reflections FX menu, I don't see the option for "refractive surfaces for headlights". Instead, I see "refracting surfaces for cars", which i have that enabled. In fact, I have everything enabled in that menu except for "shot cubemap around focused car rather than camera". I have only limited knowledge with mods, but I checked the ext_config.ini and it seems to have the entries for the headlights and the taillights. I compared the ext_config.ini with the one for the Porsche and the Porsche doesn't even have as much entries. So I am really scratching my head as to why the other cars have the lights working but not the Viper.

Edited: I downgraded to CSP 1.52 and then upgraded back to 1.60. Both the brake lights and the missing highbeam on the left side is no longer an issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update and the awesome mods. I'm still fiddling but found that the brake lights on the Viper does not seem to work. The high level stop light does, but not the rears (when switching lights on as well as braking).

I also noticed that the water droplets run over the instrument cluster in the opposite direction as well.

Just thought I'd give you a shout before your next update :) Running SP 1.64

Thanks for the update and the awesome mods. I'm still fiddling but found that the brake lights on the Viper does not seem to work. The high level stop light does, but not the rears (when switching lights on as well as braking).

I also noticed that the water droplets run over the instrument cluster in the opposite direction as well.

Just thought I'd give you a shout before your next update :) Running SP 1.64

The brake lights on the Viper work here, just drove the car

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 7 25.0%