RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, even i saw warning for your drive through. Did you by any chance record your race?
No. I don't record them other then the replay the game saves. Which does not show anything. Between the dash and crew chief apps I know I did not just miss the flag. Seems odd but it looks like the game failed to to tell me about the flag.

Shame it happened. Next time you commit obvious speeding in pitlane (it was over 20km/h too fast) and there's no warning, check out if there's drive through option in penalty serving menu. Just an idea to prevent further DQ's. You may also want to submit the bug, but i wonder if logs gonna be helpful in this case

I do not know what happened to me. Got disqualified for not serving a drive through but I never got a warning to take the drive through.
Funny you should mention this, because I've noticed recently that some of the old warnings and overlays that were part of the in-game HUD have gone from my game too. Even with overlays switched off in the options, I would still get big banners warning me of low fuel, other drivers getting penalties and DQs, and warnings of my own penalties. But for a while now I've been getting nothing at all, not a single message anywhere. Whether this is a game error or an intended setting somewhere, I don't know.

Multi-class - P2 & GTR 3.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: P2 Prototype / GTR 3
Track: Imola

Saturday 01/02/20
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (60 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (minimum 2 tyres)

Entry List - 30 slots

P2 = 9 / GTR 3 = 10
  1. Ross Garland - GTR 3 (Event Host)
  2. FeltHat - P2
  3. Bart Matyja - GTR 3
  4. Calvyn White - P2
  5. JACE323 - GTR 3
  6. stevem - GTR 3
  7. suspectmonkey - GTR 3
  8. Steve Le Gallez - P2
  9. Knut Mattheisen - P2
  10. André Gee - P2
  11. David DeGreef - GTR 3
  12. PurgerUK - P2
  13. AyrtonForever - P2
  14. Ti Ko - P2
  15. 2112 - P2
  16. Scott_H - GTR 3
  17. ko41 - GTR 3
  18. Magnus Stjerneby - P2
  19. Ingemar Petersson - GTR 3
  20. Dennis Manke - GTR 3
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot

UTP#43

Last edited:
Notes

If one of the classes does not have at least four (4) drivers by 12pm on race day, the event will revert to the class that has more drivers signed up.

Please clearly state the class you intend to drive when you sign up for this event. If you want to try the cars first that's fine, but please make sure you have posted your choice by 12pm on race day.

If you are not already, you may want to use OtterHUD for this event. It has a relative position widget which can be helpful for seeing who is in your class and therefore who you are directly racing against.

One final note, being in the faster class does not give you automatic track rights. Any driver on the same lap as you has every right to race as normal, including defending their position if they wish. If you are in the faster class and are coming up to lap a slower class, it is your responsibility to make the pass cleanly and safely. Do not force your way past as it'll just end in tears.

'It can not be setting. I got a drive through the race before and was notified Immediately. I have not changed any settings on any thing. Seems like while being online the game is glitching and not giving warnings properly.

In please and thank you. Great combo. Haven't tried the Nissan but if anyone needs a Porsche setup here is one that is pretty fast and stable. Soft tires last through a 20 min race with the front left down to about 37% but it is still pretty stable and driveable. (need to brake a bit sooner on the two downhill braking sections as the tires wear). Need about 40-43 liters of fuel for a 20 min stint. Can adjust to make it turn in quicker but at the cost of stability in a crowd.

Attachments

• kg-porsche962c-roadam.svm
    7.5 KB · Views: 88
Thanks @Calvyn White for liking my post but I have to say that I can't even come close to keeping up with you on the leaderboard!!:) Nice though to follow your lines and know where I'm loosing time (lots of it). It's pretty obvious that setup isn't the answer to getting fast but helps to get on the gas sooner I guess. Still trying to figure out how you go so fast but the leaderboards certainly help; so thanks for setting fast laps for us to chase after:confused:

First off thank you for your kind words and II I like your post for its detail. Explaining what is required during a 20-minute race. Plenty of information which all drivers would normally have to work out for oneself. Which I like to call heads up information for others. I thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

To me what makes me fast-ish is plenty of practice and working on that setup. But first I give the default set up a damn good thrashing before I make any changes at all. Giving you everything it's got with a default setup whilst taking notes where things are not working as they should or as I would like. My setup is extremely important to me as I have no natural talent.:( And I'm never satisfied with my setup I always seem to think it can be improved which is probably true.

The only real suggestion I can make to go faster is understanding what the car is doing and what you want it to do and not do and how to make it do what you want it to do. Wow, that's a lot of dos.:rolleyes:

When I practice on the leaderboard or anywhere else I push it as hard as possible as to me it doesn't matter if I go on the track but when I do I try to understand if it was my mistake or the mistake of the car because I haven't got the right settings yet. When I go off the track it's helping me.
It's giving me the information that I need to make my setup. In real racing, they have engineers and all the computers in the world to help them to tell them what the cars doing. In sim racing, we only got going off the track and figuring out if it was the driver or with a car not complying to your wishes. Probably not the best way but it works for me. Like I said you have to understand whether it's you or the car which will be 90% of the time.

It is never a lot of one thing to adjust. Nine-tenths of the time it's very little of anything and somethings nothing needs adjusting at all. A little bit of toe may be a click or two on one of the bumps or rebounds one click on the front suspension to make it little stiffer to take out some oversteer. Lowering the front ride height to give it better turn in etc.
As the saying says less is more. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. One-click on one of the settings could make all the difference in what you're looking for in any particular corner or even the whole circuit.

Try not to concentrate on one section of the track because if you do this for too long you will be slower in another. Try to concentrate on handling going onto long straights concentrate on handling into corners especially the overtaking ones. And especially in a race.

The big question is understanding what each one of these settings does as some settings do the same thing and you've got to understand which one to adjust as the wrong one may affect the car elsewhere on the track. And if you've got the time for a trial and error that's just fine. And 90% of the time the more unstable the car is the faster it is. So don't be looking for stability. Look for speed keep an eye on that delta time in that section. But in saying that if you can get stability with the speed you will certainly get consistency, lap after lap. Which is ideal for race conditions but not necessary for hot lapping. As race setups are usually slower as you are altering your setup for consistency and with alterations for racing comes stability. If you got the car to stay on the track now but it's handling like a bitch but it's faster that'll do nicely. Move on to the next section and so on making it stay on the track but as fast as possible. It's all good fun it takes time but it's fun. :whistling:

Anyway here's my setup for the Porsche maybe you would like to compare with your own. But taking my style your style into consideration.
When you can push as hard as you can it's only at this point you will get the information that you need to make your setup like I said it doesn't matter if it goes off the track as that is still more information.

Of course, this is for hot lapping.
Racing is somewhat a different setup strategy.

Have a fun race.

Attachments

• 2020-01-22_08-37-21_porsche_962_c_team_joest.svm
    7.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

First ever race I did with the R3E club was GT3 at Imola, which went spectacularly badly due to technical issues :D Let's hope it goes better this time! Sign me up in GT3 please Ross!

• Deleted member 387850

If you are not already, you may want to use OtterHUD for this event. It has a relative position widget which can be helpful for seeing who is in your class and therefore who you are directly racing against.

I could be mistaken, and I know there is a bit of history to this one, but I think there is now a setting for the default HUD to allow you to choose whether the position bar is relative to class or overall field? Although I must confess I finally caved in and started using OtterHUD as well. It's just too good and too hard to go back from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back