RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be mistaken, and I know there is a bit of history to this one, but I think there is now a setting for the default HUD to allow you to choose whether the position bar is relative to class or overall field? Although I must confess I finally caved in and started using OtterHUD as well. It's just too good and too hard to go back from!
Honestly, I have no idea. I switched to OtterHUD so long ago and have never looked back! But as well as an improved position bar, I'm talking about is the relative position widget. It'll show who's around you including those who are not on the same lap, which it colours differently. Really handy awareness tool.

How does golden rule work when cars from different classes crash?
Exactly the same as usual. If someone punts another, regardless of what class they're driving or what lap they're on, they must slow down and wait for the person to re-pass them. And yes, that includes incidents when lapping too. It's always the same, because the stop/wait penalty is the deterrent which prevents our events being like public servers.

And 90% of the time the more unstable the car is the faster it is. So don't be looking for stability. Look for speed keep an eye on that delta time in that section. But in saying that if you can get stability with the speed you will certainly get consistency, lap after lap. Which is ideal for race conditions but not necessary for hot lapping.
Thanks for all the information and the advice and mostly for posting your setups! I admit that I try to get speed but err more towards stability so that I can do an entire race without too many offs. I find that the few tenths I can gain on a hot lap never translate well into a race since I can blow 5-10 secs with a stupid mistake on my part due to an unstable setup. (My normal mistake is getting on the gas too early coming out of a slow corner due to over excitement in a race!!) :(
I do consider my setups mostly for race and hence I'm usually pretty slow on qualifying but no matter since I'm really in it for fun.

Most of what I gain from doing a setup is a lot of laps trying to get there and thus I get plenty of practice which is the key for me. Thanks for your setup and I will certainly compare to see where they are different which I have no doubt that it is!! It is interesting how I seem to fall in love with certain setup parameters to try and solve my problems. Habit I guess. I do admit though that I actually enjoy the process as much as the results.

Has anyone messed with the Nissan at all? My set up is getting better but I like something to compare it to if I could. I am still learning how to set cars up.

Has anyone messed with the Nissan at all? My set up is getting better but I like something to compare it to if I could. I am still learning how to set cars up.
Just knocked up a setup for the Nissan. Give it a go if you like. Not my best work. Would have liked to have had more time only had 40 minutes. :(

Attachments

• 2020-01-27_11-55-48_nissan_r90ck.svm
    7.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Well its official. After a 40 min test session, I was able to knock 1.5 secs off my PB and bring my average lap time down by 3 seconds. The big thing though, is know I feel like I am at my limit and not the cars. I actually feel like I can still improve on this. Thanks again!

@Keith_G and @Calvyn White, I tried both setups. I always use default and these made a big difference. Not sure who's setup was who's. Download files were clear enough but nothing in the setup let me know who's I was using. I'll try again tomorrow but have only one in the setup folder at a time.

One of them was more stable and the other felt good but I had to be really careful in the slow corners to not lose the back end.

Thanks to both of you. If anything it is really giving me a sense of how much set-up can affect the pleasure in driving the 'car'.

I cannot get this car to go any faster. As a matter of fact, I am slower than I was a few days ago. Like Calvyn I like to wring all I can out of the default and then when I cannot get any faster due to familiarity with the car on the track, taking advantage of braking, acceleration, etc...I go to making changes to the set up.

I got it set up to a fairly fast set-up but got in last night and could not get close to my fastest time. I started over with default but every change I make seems to slow the car down. I am not making big changes at all: Wing, ride height, ASB and dampers, all in small increments.

I am gonna be slow tonight. I may hop into the nissan just for the change.

I'm not expecting much from myself tonight. Every Ai race I ran, I crashed out. So it looks like I still have to get use to close quarter racing.

Hot lapping the Nissan, I'm in the upper 1:59s. And that is on my limits. Also, I am still having troubles with shifting. Occasionally I miss gates, ride in gear for far too long, shift higher than 5th, or just botch the clutch pedal timing.

Skill issues all around on my end. I'll do my best though. My goals are to aim for consistency, and not to get in my own way.

Hehe seen from my easy seat on the side fence it sounds like a few drivers attitude is allready a bit defensive before the race.
hehe or maybe more than a bit.:roflmao:
But eventhough that - have a good race guys.:thumbsup:

For me, yes. I'm at the phase where one realizes how little they know. I will get better, and probably be a force to be reckoned with. But for now, it's the uphill climb of learning. :thumbsup:

I'm not expecting much from myself tonight. Every Ai race I ran, I crashed out. So it looks like I still have to get use to close quarter racing.

Hot lapping the Nissan, I'm in the upper 1:59s. And that is on my limits. Also, I am still having troubles with shifting. Occasionally I miss gates, ride in gear for far too long, shift higher than 5th, or just botch the clutch pedal timing.

Skill issues all around on my end. I'll do my best though. My goals are to aim for consistency, and not to get in my own way.
Have to admit. I cheat and use the paddles and auto clutch in this class. Like you, I tried doing manual but I'm not talented enough to pull it off.

Have to admit. I cheat and use the paddles and auto clutch in this class. Like you, I tried doing manual but I'm not talented enough to pull it off.

That's alright. I'm approaching this as if it was martial arts training. Not the various dojos found in strip malls, the kind that you'd find in old king fu action movies. Gourds full of water, hot pokers, bamboo shutes and an old master who smokes way too much... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back