LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, i have a problem with this mod, when i start the laoding oof the map, the game comeback too the main menu. how fix that ?
hard to tell,
did it stop working just now ? Or is it the first time you try LA Canyons ?

are you trying with AI ? like Race ?
or just hotlap/practice ?
which layout ?

do you have Content manager / shader patch ? (i had crash yesterday, not sure if it's due to the latest shader patch version or just a mistake on my end)

you can always try and look at the logs in C:\Users\***your user***\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs (if i remember correctly)

Actually I am fine with donating again through Patreon for the absolutely HUGE work being put into this track.

I totally agree, having driven LAC IRL starting from both La Canada on the 2, and Big Tujunga Canyon road from Tujunga, the amount of work put into LAC is nothing short of incredible.

IRL when you turn on to Angeles Forest Hwy from the 2, after a few miles you get the sense of total desolation, I get a deja vu of that on LAC's Angeles Forest Hwy section.

Having donated a few coffees more than once, I'd do it again. Worth every penny.

Thanks for the continued support, it's much appreciated... Apologies for the slow reply, real life getting in the way, and a few technical 'speed bumps' with getting the 1.2 update near completion.
It's always great hearing from people who have driven the real roads, and it's great to hear that the area has been accurately reproduced :D

excited for 1.2 and to send more coffee money.

Will the traffic version work online?
Thanks Scotty, glad you're excited for 1.2... It's in the final testing stage now.
The traffic version will work online as a layout, but the AI won't be present... Someone let me know that it is possible to drive online with other drivers... and AI... But that it's some kind of hack, and only works with a cracked version of Assetto, so basically no AI while online, as I wouldn't recommend that anyone uses a cracked version of the game... But basically, all layouts are usable online in the normal way.

I donated by version 0.5 and I don't have problem donating again, but I can't do it through patreon. Will it be possible to still do it via paypal ?
Thanks for the support, I'd rather people went through Patreon, mainly for the automatic file distribution... The amount of my messages including VIP links that have gone to peoples email spam folders, and therefore have been missed hasn't been funny (all resulting in more email correspondence, that has caused communication issues) This can't happen again in future, as it all takes away my limited time, to actually work on the track.

But if people really can't do Patreon, I will try to make sure there will be other ways :)

Glad to hear from you Phoenix and happy to see news about an update to LAC.

This should give a little boost to the online which, lately, has been a little depressing for me (weather and few people allways on same servers).

Do you consider this version as final or can we expect more in the future? I'm asking because I'm a little impatient to know when you can work on Pacific Coast again!

A lot of fun to come with the upcoming release of the Porsche that will complete the NFS mod (not to mention Ben's which is also beautiful).

And for the Patreon thing, I would be happy to make a donation again for my favorite track in AC.
Cheers mate, glad to be able to get the time to get the work done on the update.
Yeah I haven't had a lot of time to get online, but when I was, I think there were a few fairly busy servers... And I was happily surprised that there were still 20+ servers online. Thanks again for your server, loads of fun :thumbsup:

The 1.2 version will likely not be the final version, as there is always more that can be done. But I will consider it pretty much final. And yes work on Pacific Coast will be seriously looked at. Where LA Canyons has pushed the assets to the maximum, in terms of the distance needed to be covered... Pacific Coast's tiny 23km will be able to be covered much more densely, and Ben and myself have a very good understanding of how much assets can be thrown at Pacific! Expect the next version of Pacific to be VASTLY different :D

(consider the current version of Pacific to be a 0.3, not a 0.95... My standards and knowledge of track design have changed somewhat)

Hi. I've been away from la-canyons for quite some time. last time it was still 0.8 and with vip pack 0.9. i updated and reinstalled the entire track vers: 1.0. but i can't seem to get the extra roads working anymore. Maybe I'm missing something or doing it wrong. can you provide some clearance on it pls? cheers
The VIP extras have changed, 1.2 is coming (hopefully soon) and things will be made 100% clear, as I am currently setting up a Patreon page... Which will hopefully eliminate the fact that my VIP links going to peoples email spam folder... It's taken way too much time replying to emails asking where are the VIP roads, only to advise checking spam folders.

Even if I haven't replied to everyone, as I would like to... I do thank everyone for their support, even those that have supported with small donations, that didn't qualify for the VIP roads.

great news for 1.2!
is there a way to put more of an invisible barrier around the track so that when I inevitably slide off the track I am not hurtled into the emptiness of AC hell?
Sorry, but that will never be happening (for the release version anyway)...
Part of the appeal of LA Canyons is the reality that has been replicated... IRL these roads are highly dangerous, I think it's a good thing that everyone gets a feel that driving as they do in Assetto, IRL has serious consequences.

Oh god please no, don't add any invisible walls.
Not happening, ever! :D

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/in-game-keyboard-shortcuts-extension.16180/

Content Manager has included the same option in Controls > System.
Bind "Teleport to pits" or "Setup in pits" to your wheel, problem solved.

Cheers for giving a great solution mate, everyone that drives the canyons, and has CM should have that shortcut setup! I know it took me ages to remember to do it :D

Hi all!!
Sorry if this was asked already, but its too many pages to look for...
Please....why do I get a crash with the msg "Tyres Might be Wrong", when loading the map/race...with some cars(shelby cobra is one example)...in Track Day mode???
I've tried a few things but nothing works, its driving me nuts!!!
Thanks a lot in advance!!!!
It's due to the hugeness of the track... I'm pretty sure it's because there are no qualifying tyres that can last for the required 126km's for an Outlap, Hotlap and Inlap. I've also had various issues occur while using Trackday, I've heard that others have had no issues... But personally... I'd recommend using Quick Race or Race Weekend (Practice only, because of the lack of 126km qualifying tyres)

Hello, i have a problem with this mod, when i start the laoding oof the map, the game comeback too the main menu. how fix that ?
I'd say it's extremely likely that you're using a particular layout in a way it's not intended to be used... I've included text for all compatible 'race' modes that can be used on each layout in the UI for this reason.
If there's not an AI line for a particular layout, and you're trying a race... It will crash back to the menu.

In other news... The VIP Silver, Traffic layout pack... will be coming with Two Way Traffic
(I'm aware there is a version that is on RD, that someone has kindly added, I know how long it takes!)
My version will be different... For one... there is a custom layout with pit boxes facing in both directions... using all the parking areas... And also there will be AI boundaries... Per Lane... The AI will not be able to cross into the oncoming lane, and stupidly crash into oncoming traffic... causing the 99% CPU warning to come up.
AI_two_way_lane_bondaries.jpg

Note: this is on low detail settings... To give my CPU a rest :D
I tested with stock Kunos cars... Letting my Sim run for a few hours... Not one retirement.
The AI are limited to 100mph... and are speed restricted at the junctions / turn around points.

Massive thanks to @Fat-Alfie for reminding me where to get the Spline-CSV script for max!
Even with the script... It was quite a huge spline to convert :D

In other news... The VIP Silver, Traffic layout pack... will be coming with Two Way Traffic
(I'm aware there is a version that is on RD, that someone has kindly added, I know how long it takes!)
My version will be different... For one... there is a custom layout with pit boxes facing in both directions... using all the parking areas... And also there will be AI boundaries... Per Lane... The AI will not be able to cross into the oncoming lane, and stupidly crash into oncoming traffic... causing the 99% CPU warning to come up.
View attachment 328639
Note: this is on low detail settings... To give my CPU a rest :D
I tested with stock Kunos cars... Letting my Sim run for a few hours... Not one retirement.
The AI are limited to 100mph... and are speed restricted at the junctions / turn around points.

Massive thanks to @Fat-Alfie for reminding me where to get the Spline-CSV script for max!
Even with the script... It was quite a huge spline to convert :D

That is an astonishing amount of work!! Well done !!

That is an astonishing amount of work!! Well done !!
Thanks mate, my PC certainly didn't like that spline for a while :D

The regular LA Canyons 1.2 download will also come with a California Highway Patrol (CHP) skins pack, for a number of non-DLC cars. So everyone that downloads the updated track will have all the skins.

Including Huracan Performante, Alfa Quadrofoglio, Mustang, Stingray, Levante (26 individual skins)
chp_557.jpg

With the new Pursuit... and Pursuit VIP layout (for gold VIP supporters)... Should be fun.
new_pursuit.jpg

new_pursuit_vip.jpg

Green dots are Group A (Getaway) start positions...
Red dots are the Group B (Police) start positions...
Cyan dot is the 'evade' line.. If Group A successfully reach this line... a valid laptime will confirm 'evasion' :D

And another Freeroam layout for (gold VIPs)
new_freeroam_urban.jpg

And a rework of Angeles Crest - Eastbound... (Also for gold VIPs)
new_ach_eastbound.jpg

Again apologies for slow replies... But that usually means I've been up to... things! :D

what's your Patreon again?!
My Patreon isn't live just yet, still got a little bit of fixing/testing to do before uploading the various files...

And I will be doing my best to get the new VIP files to those that have already supported, before the files are live, starting with those that have been shown the most generous support, and working back in the fairest way I can :)

• Deleted member 197115

The only mod I know where almost 90% of Support thread is focusing on donation aspect.
May be patreon will help automating this.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%