LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Im still waiting for my own copy of this current version... so does this mean i have to wait for patreon to be setup and then donate again? Is there an estimated time till its setup?

The only mod I know where almost 90% of Support thread is focusing on donation aspect.
May be patreon will help automating this.
Yeah I know.... and Patreon should help, even if it automated replies to "where are the VIP roads?"... Check your spam folder :D

Make sure to buy into the Diamond Tier. It will automatically take care of all your Donation Issues...
Diamond is actually close, there will be a Carbon tier... With access to early WIP versions of Pacific Coast 1.0 and other things (as well as access to all lower tiers)

Can't wait for patreon to be setup so that he can manage the vip downloads better. Will be one of the first patrons :thumbsup:
I can't wait for Patreon to be live as well, I didn't really want to go that way... But has to be done, if only to eliminate the VIP road links going to peoples spam folder, automatic file access, and putting an actual amount on the VIP extras (again something I didn't really want to do, totally defeats the original intention with the extra VIP roads)

Im still waiting for my own copy of this current version... so does this mean i have to wait for patreon to be setup and then donate again? Is there an estimated time till its setup?
Thanks, as I'm currently focusing on getting 1.2 actually finished, there will be a delay to sending out the VIP roads. In fact the donate button is now removed (No more VIP content for now) the next VIP roads I send out will be for 1.2.

Thanks to those that have recently sent a sensible donation, you will be emailed the VIP extras. But if anyone wants me to finish the actual update, some patience will be required.

LA Canyons 1.2 will be properly sorted. Even Time Attack mode works (So far on Normal layout) Shame the steering on my Lamborghini didn't :D
lac_normal_time_attack.jpg

Hello !
I made a donation on September 28, 2019 with Paypal using the link that was on the page of RaceDepartement and spread my email address to receive your map.

We are 19 October 2019 and I still have no feedback from you.

What are you playing ?

Hello !
I made a donation on September 28, 2019 with Paypal using the link that was on the page of RaceDepartement and spread my email address to receive your map.

What are you playing ?
Did you check your spam folder? :D

Hi!
Just to understand correctly: I made a donation, it wasn't too much but it was what I could afford (sorry, If I could I'd give you much more, you deserve it). Probably I won't be entitled to the 1.2 verson? Also, there will be a normal version and a VIP version (for those who donated, depending on the amount of money donated)!? When you move to Patreon I won't receive any updates if I don't donate again?
Sorry, it's not my intention to be rude or something, it's just that I want to understand correctly. Nothing wrong to donate again, as I said, you deserve more - wanna be prepared, that's all.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Hello !

What are you playing ?
What am I playing?.... I'm playing LA Canyons 1.2!

Firstly I have no record of any donations on the 28th September????

Secondly the roads have gone out to everyone who has sent a reasonable amount...
(For the hundreds of my hours put into this... and the hundreds Ben has put in)
So I'm guessing, If you haven't received the roads, they've either gone to your Spam Folder.
Or you didn't send an amount that my system picked up on.

Thirdly as it says on the main page...

VIP Extras
The VIP extras are separate to the regular version and consist of an additional 73km of highways and sideroads. They are provided at my discretion to thank those who value and support the regular version.

Any donations under an amount I consider to warrant sending the VIP roads out, are considered thanks for the 26 miles of roads I provide FOR FREE!

Also due to the volume of... "Do I have to donate again?" / "When 1.2 come out?" emails / Inbox messages... It's likely that some normal messages will get lost. Some people are crazy, and they're potentially delaying things for the majority of normal people.

Because I've been pushed into a corner about why the roads haven't gone out to a small minority of people, Patreon will be a thing... Because of this, I've set a price (Which I didn't want to do in the 1st place).

The price on Patreon will be...
$4 USD - (about £3) for VIP Silver (Traffic Pack) (3 Layouts, including Two Way all with AI limited to a single lane)
$7 USD - (about £5.70) for VIP Gold (Extra Roads)
$10 USD - (about £7.70) for VIP Platinum (Traffic Pack & Extra Roads)

Just for a reference... A coffee (the previous unit of extra roads qualification / which I wish I never used!)
Is around the (now fixed) price for VIP Silver... If anyone is miles off that (e.g the 0.01p donation I recently got) They will not be driving the Extra Roads.

Hi!
Just to understand correctly: I made a donation, it wasn't too much but it was what I could afford (sorry, If I could I'd give you much more, you deserve it). Probably I won't be entitled to the 1.2 verson? Also, there will be a normal version and a VIP version (for those who donated, depending on the amount of money donated)!? When you move to Patreon I won't receive any updates if I don't donate again?
Sorry, it's not my intention to be rude or something, it's just that I want to understand correctly. Nothing wrong to donate again, as I said, you deserve more - wanna be prepared, that's all.
Cheers :thumbsup:
Hi, some of the above will apply, but thanks for asking in a much nicer way.
Like you're sorry you couldn't send more... I'm also sorry I couldn't send the VIP out for less.
But I have to value both my work, and the epic effort Ben has put into this project.

• Deleted member 197115

Isn"t Patreon recurring payments scheme?
Couldn't understand from their instruction if it even possible to make one time payment unless you cancel your patreon right away.
It"s also extra registration that is required on Patreon site, you need to be a member to donate.
I think DRM and RSS are using something else for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn"t Patreon recurring payments scheme?
Couldn't understand from their instruction if it even possible to make one time payment unless you cancel your patreon right away.
It"s also extra registration that is required on Patreon site, you need to be a member to donate.
I think DTM and RSS are using something else for that.

Yeah, RSS just have a regular webstore where they just charge your paypal or CC and email you a download link, I've never used patreon before but can't imagine it being that difficult.

"While one-time payments are a great feature idea, it's important we stay true to what Patreon is all about: Building a membership platform for creators.

All patreon memberships are currently on recurring monthly billing cadence."

The only way to make a one-off payment is to immediately cancel your membership :O_o:

I'll take more of a look into who gets what nearer the time... If you've looked after Ben and myself... I will look after you. The whole reason the VIP roads exist in the first place, was about thanking the people who have thanked me and supported my track making journey. As I've said a few times now... This message/concept sadly has got lost along the way. Anyway... in the mean time... Here's a quick test of how Two Way Traffic is behaving....
Please excuse my dangerous driving... And never drive like this in real life! Even if you don't own an MC12!
Camera is just me flying @Stereo 's awesome Joycam mod.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/joycam.12757/

Will previous donors have to make a new purchase or will we be rolled into the new tiered system?
I will have to send existing supporters content Via Email still... as afaik... you can't make someone a Patron by inputing an email address somewhere.

"While one-time payments are a great feature idea, it's important we stay true to what Patreon is all about: Building a membership platform for creators.

All patreon memberships are currently on recurring monthly billing cadence."

The only way to make a one-off payment is to immediately cancel your membership :O_o:
In my current setup on there (before publishing), it's on a per creation basis... not per month... So I've taken that as a one time payment. But I've got a little reading up to do, to double check.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.8%