LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Phoenix77, thank you for taking this incredible task and for sticking to it till the end, over all the bumps and turns. :inlove:

Did you use any procedural generation tools for the vegetation? It just looks too well to be individually planted..

I think what you are asking for the top vip track is too little, I have had so many hours out of this amazing track for free I would happily donate double that or more. Look forward to being able to donate or if you can pm me a link I will do it now. Thanks and I can not wait for 1.2, YouTube vid I have seen with the lighting? I would sell one of my nuts if I had too! As long as I had one left I will be fine. Thank you again

sorry for what I'm about to say: I used to love this thread because it was about a road I like to drive, now it's only about donations (well, maybe we can't call a 0,01p a donation... ) and money. Of course you can all write about everything you want but...
Ok, sorry

I think what you are asking for the top vip track is too little, I have had so many hours out of this amazing track for free I would happily donate double that or more. Look forward to being able to donate or if you can pm me a link I will do it now. Thanks and I can not wait for 1.2, YouTube vid I have seen with the lighting? I would sell one of my nuts if I had too! As long as I had one left I will be fine. Thank you again
Thanks really glad you can appreciate the many hours of fun that can be had for free. I think it's more than reasonable, and want most people to enjoy LA Canyons.

I didn't think this would ever be something I'd say in a forum, or anywhere...
But don't worry, your nuts are safe! :D Thanks for the hilarious comment!

sorry for what I'm about to say: I used to love this thread because it was about a road I like to drive, now it's only about donations (well, maybe we can't call a 0,01p a donation... ) and money. Of course you can all write about everything you want but...
Ok, sorry
Yes I totally agree, if you think the thread is busy with the talk of things other than the actual roads...
My email inbox, RD inbox, Facebook inbox (etc) are far far far more...... fffff...... messed up!

I wish I could thank everyone, and reply to you all personally....
I have however replied to 498 out of 499 reviews. And will always reply to decent, fair reviews.

I'm glad you used to love this thread anyway mate :)
And yes, low donations are just a donation to PayPal... They'll have to ask PayPal for some VIP extras.

I will have to send existing supporters content Via Email still... as afaik... you can't make someone a Patron by inputing an email address somewhere.
Thanks for the quick reply, that's definity tough but that'll keep a lot of people happy, hopefully that didn't come off as a waaah do I have to donate again, was really just asking a practical question about how the transition will work for those of us who have donated already.

Even more excited after seeing the 2 way traffic test video.. Glad youre making it so affordable. We need more people online.

Again, thanks so much for this track. I dont think I would have got into AC as much as I did had it not been for it.

a very ancient incantation
also called forest pro
a powerful plugin
my best friend
Forest Pro helped a lot, and it is really powerful... But... You used it in an extremely Pro way mate... Totally the right man for helping with the canyons project. As great as the plugin is, you added foliage to an area almost twice as large as GTA V... Nothing can ever downplay that huge achievement!

Anyone reading this, and who loves what Ben has done in relation to LA Canyons... And hasn't noticed...
Check out Bens awesome Singer mod for Assetto! The perfect Canyon Carver :) Most photo's of Singers are often shot on canyon roads, for good reason! For the full Singer experience, and for those seeking a fully authentic mod experience... Ben will gladly accept any donor Porsche 964's you want to send him :D
singer_assetto_corsa.jpg

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-singer.29318/

To Newbert.

Phoenix knows. The rest of us will just have to wait. (Hint to phoenix, next steam sale starts on the 28th, so there might be some new AC drivers that would love to race LA Canyon there ;) )
Cheers Scary :) It will be ready when it's ready...But won't be too long after that, thanks for the heads up!

Even more excited after seeing the 2 way traffic test video.. Glad youre making it so affordable. We need more people online.

Again, thanks so much for this track. I dont think I would have got into AC as much as I did had it not been for it.
Thanks a lot Michael, glad you're excited for v1.2... And it's great to know that driving LA Canyons has got you further into AC... It proves that @kunos decision to make Assetto so moddable was on point, Assetto is still going strong, so long after they last updated it. The fact that Assetto runs any of this (including Two Way traffic for 26 miles) is testament to the flexibility of the AC engine. So for that alone, a round of applause to Kunos!

In completely different news... It was great to know that LA Canyons was played on these awesome full motion simulators.... (in a non-commercial sense) Thanks to Macca from VR Motorsports in Brisbane for letting me know.
lac_on_full_motion_rigs.jpg

If you want to see a video of the guys having fun... Check out their Youtube Channel... I won't share the actual video as there is some colourful language.... and screaming! lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrAEVdSyy2xN6mAPnHbXZuQ
Leave them a comment, give them a sub and maybe they'll make some more crazy videos :)

[...]
Anyone reading this, and who loves what Ben has done in relation to LA Canyons... And hasn't noticed...
Check out Bens awesome Singer mod for Assetto! The perfect Canyon Carver :) Most photo's of Singers are often shot on canyon roads, for good reason! For the full Singer experience, and for those seeking a fully authentic mod experience... Ben will gladly accept any donor Porsche 964's you want to send him :D
View attachment 331123
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-singer.29318/

My server is set with 12 slots for this pretty lady since the first day of his release.
She can compete with the rest of the Porsche/Ruf family (all street cars including the one from the NFS pack).
Look for the Lost Highway server.

Last edited:
My server is set with 10 slots for this pretty lady since the first day of his release.
She can compete with the rest of the Porsche/Ruf family (all street cars including the one from the NFS pack).
Look for the Lost Highway server.
Thanks mate, you always have great taste in what you host ;)... Thanks again!
Hopefully soon I'll get to do some actual driving with you and the guys :)

For anyone who's interested in random LAC facts... Before optimising back & collapsing objects in 3DS Max...
The unrendered physical road meshes for LA Canyons reached around 300 million polys (getting on for a 1/3 of a billion) with the overall roads split into 10 scenes (my PC wouldn't have it in one go).

Even optimised back to a similar density to Kunos' Nordschleife, they're 4.2 million polys. (thankfully unrendered)

Really Phoenix77 ?
I sent a paypal donation to him, who has paypal address************ !
I never received the card!
there is nothing on the Racedepartment post that indicates a minimum amount for your card.
but if you want it I can open a dispute for the gift that was made? ...
this is not serious, when I went to your RaceDepartement post, as indicated, and there was no question of patreon at this time, I donated and waited for your email, which never happened !
In addition you claim not to have received a gift from me, which is completely wrong!
I am still waiting for the map in exchange for my payment!

Last edited:
Seeing as I can't tell who made the donation, going by keyser92... Everyone has different email addresses compared to their profile name on here... I'm not a psychic. So your rants really aren't helping anything.

Show a screen of your donation on the 28th of September then? Are you talking about this year? Because I had no donations on the date you're stating.

I'm sorry but you'll have to ask for a refund, as I'm now exercising my right of sending out my roads at my discretion as stated on the download page.

Donations are supposed to be thanks for the FREE 26 MILES of roads you can download and get MONTHS of enjoyment on. FOR NOTHING!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%