LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just call the folder la_canyons_1.1 if using version numbering in the ui_track.json is not enough.
that would break things :)
simple things i mean, like how many km people have driven in their CM
maybe some settings through CM and shader patch also etc.
In other words, not such a good idea to make a new folder.

You can tweak other files to make sure people must have the same version to play together (and vip or not can still play together of course, that's been the main deal!)

2 ways is sadly still very heavy for AI/processor, to cover such distance!

Last edited:
Glad you're loving the track, thanks for taking the time to say that :)
Thanks, glad you're also loving the track :)
Glad you solved this... Sounds like you needed the full version of CM to unlock the AI Flood feature?
Bear in mind you don't need to run many AI with AI Flood... Which is awesome as it gives the CPU a break. Also bear in mind AI Flood can sometimes do some funky things as it's not a fully finished feature of CM yet. So if you get any strange AI activity, it doesn't necessarily mean it's an issue with LA Canyons AI.
If you run a lowish amount of AI's (5-10) it should work fine :)
Unfortunately, atm... AI Flood crashes AC while trying the Two Way traffic layout I'm currently testing.

Oh Phoenix, you finally tried Content Manager?

Last edited:
@Phoenix77: Thanks for that mod! Discovered it just yesterday and spent hours exploring the track in Viper with huge smile on my face, just enjoying myself. Made me so nostalgic about original NFS1/2 and TDU where it was not only about racing but just driving... I really missed free roam game with appropiate physics, that mod just made it happened.
Cant wait to enjoy rest of the roads aswell, hope you'll enjoy the coffe on me, I bow my head for your effort.
CHEERS!

Just call the folder la_canyons_1.1 if using version numbering in the ui_track.json is not enough.

that would break things :)
simple things i mean, like how many km people have driven in their CM
maybe some settings through CM and shader patch also etc.
In other words, not such a good idea to make a new folder.

You can tweak other files to make sure people must have the same version to play together (and vip or not can still play together of course, that's been the main deal!)
Yeah mate as Ben says, that would break things... Including Setups Folder / Ghost Car records.....
I did contemplate renaming layouts for a very short while... But again this would more than likely break lots of things. If years later people are still driving on an old version of LA Canyons... Then renaming at that level will have to happen :D
But for now, I have other ways... ;)

@Phoenix77: Thanks for that mod! Discovered it just yesterday and spent hours exploring the track in Viper with huge smile on my face, just enjoying myself. Made me so nostalgic about original NFS1/2 and TDU where it was not only about racing but just driving... I really missed free roam game with appropiate physics, that mod just made it happened.
Cant wait to enjoy rest of the roads aswell, hope you'll enjoy the coffe on me, I bow my head for your effort.
CHEERS!
Thanks Lizard, that's great to know... and thanks for the support :)
Have fun exploring... and drive safe! And if you haven't already, search for an online server to drive with other cool drivers. Watch out for oncoming traffic... If you use your trackmap you can get advanced warning of approaching cars. For servers just search canyons :)

I hope two way traffic is gonna make it to the release.Only thing that is missing on a epic road like this.Good luck!
Thanks, Two Way Traffic won't be included in with the release. It will be available as a thank you to those supporters over a certain tier... For example those that have sent say... 2 UK coffees...
With the VIP and extras I want to keep things fair, so those that have kindly shown more support... Get more.
Patreon will be coming soon... With a number of levels. Anyone who has already shown generous support will still be sent any extras via the current method.

I've said this a few times... But I will say it again for anyone who missed it.... If you want oncoming traffic...
Go in a server... Then you have traffic pulling out at junctions, parked up in laybys, driving in all directions (including VIP roads), some drivers without headlights on, racing occuring in both directions... etc
It gets dangerous and also on plenty of occasions... pretty funny!

What makes it such a great experience, apart from the great Californian roads, is the respectful, chilled and talented drivers you'll find online... Which is awesome to see as LA Canyons was at it's core designed around Car Meets / Cruising / Exploring. You won't get anywhere near the same results using AI!

So i've been away from simracing and PC gaming in general for a little more than a year, decided to turn my gaming rig on, set up my wheel and hop into RD to see whats new, and oh boy, this popped up. I probably had atleast 200h on LA Canyons before all these massive updates (when it had no track elements) and is such a pleasure to drive on this amazing creation, you have done an excellent job here man, ill be donating tomorrow morning for sure.

Hi,
Ty for the great mod! Donation will be on the way (I just supported CM too)

Just picked up AC and came across this searching for some AI to do some driver training.

Would you be able to include some more detailed instructions on how to use the AI Traffic in various modes, including with CM AI full version? I have some working traffic but unsure if that's how it's supposed to work! tyvm.

Edit: Doh. Just found the How Do I Set Up AI Traffic? in the hidden FAQ. Might be good to make that default show and not hide it though.

Last edited:
So i've been away from simracing and PC gaming in general for a little more than a year, decided to turn my gaming rig on, set up my wheel and hop into RD to see whats new, and oh boy, this popped up. I probably had atleast 200h on LA Canyons before all these massive updates (when it had no track elements) and is such a pleasure to drive on this amazing creation, you have done an excellent job here man, ill be donating tomorrow morning for sure.
Thanks Digital, so are you saying you've gone from driving version 0.3 - Version 1.0?
If so then that's a pretty massive jump in terms of available roads and details :D
I hope you're having fun exploring... There's quite a lot of it... I didn't realise this before but the main terrain area (excluding the city plane) is around twice the area of Grand Theft Auto V.

Hey Phoenix. Remember I had problems getting the tourist version to work properly with timing? I might have found the problem: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/stracker.93956/page-37#post-2990065

If this is it, then the hillclimb layouts have the same problem if they have sectors?
Thanks for finding that out... I just put in the AC_TIME_ nodes (sector time 'gates') as that's what I heard a track needed to function... Way back at the beginning.
As long as it doesn't cause any other issues... It's not a big deal to just have the AC_AB_START_ & AC_AB_FINISH_ Nodes on the stage layouts.
Cheers for looking into it :)

Hi,
Ty for the great mod! Donation will be on the way (I just supported CM too)

Just picked up AC and came across this searching for some AI to do some driver training.

Would you be able to include some more detailed instructions on how to use the AI Traffic in various modes, including with CM AI full version? I have some working traffic but unsure if that's how it's supposed to work! tyvm.

Edit: Doh. Just found the How Do I Set Up AI Traffic? in the hidden FAQ. Might be good to make that default show and not hide it though.
Thanks, glad you're enjoying LA Canyons... And CM is totally worth supporting... Especially as you get access to the AI Flood feature (which isn't finished but is already impressive)
Glad you found the FAQ (it's not meant to be hidden as such)
I won't be making it default as that would make the page a million miles long...
If I could put some lights around it to make it stand out, I would.... Would've saved some of the many questions via email.

I apologize if this is not a part of the support section, but I am just curious as to the amount needed to unlock all the possible roads. ive donated about 11$ at this point, while my friend has only donated 5$ and received access to the roads.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

I apologize if this is not a part of the support section, but I am just curious as to the amount needed to unlock all the possible roads. ive donated about 11$ at this point, while my friend has only donated 5$ and received access to the roads.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.
Hi Danke24,
Firstly thank you for your support, much appreciated... The amount, of a coffee (which I asked for) has kind of been left vague, so to leave a little flexibility...
The fact the amount of a coffee, in the UK, has been left flexible... has also caused a few people some confusion. Because of this confusion, and a number of other reasons.. When I release the upcoming new version... I will have a Patreon page (with set prices per tier) so there is no confusion.

If you go between your donation and your friends donation that will be the set price for the VIP roads (Gold Tier) :) There will be other tiers available, featuring access to Work in Progress files, servers, events, Higher Res textures, Two Way traffic (Silver Tier) etc etc.

Thanks again :)

I'm still loving this track. I'd like to use it in a championship I'm setting up. Is it possible?
Cheers Billy glad you're still loving the canyons :)
Sure if it's a championship for non-commercial reasons... of course you're more than welcome to host a championship :) Go for it and have fun!

And if it is for commercial reasons, drop me a message in my inbox, thanks.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 111 56.3%