Login or Register an account to download this content
If anyone feels like a challenge :D

LA Canyons - Redbull X2010 Challenge

lac_redbull_x2010_S1_challenge_02.jpg
lac_redbull_x2010_S1_challenge_01.jpg

8:28 is an average speed of approximately 183mph :D
Using an un-modified, S1 version of this car... With 1506HP
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/redbull-x2010.8443/
Using Pro settings... Except for tyre blankets (I didn't want a 26 mile outlap)
difficulty_setting.jpg

If you have Content Manager you can get the Quick Race preset here...
https://acstuff.ru/s/_nau

Phoenix should now have updated dirt texture without many visible repeated features. Maybe he will use it in VIP extras for you all if he likes the changes I made. Also the old 12k link shared many pages ago for track texture is dead, I'm leaving it to Phoenix to offer it via VIP extras or add it to the download.

Saving, saving, saving, still saving a texture, saving, saving, ... takes forever at best quality and compression. Doing some more fixes will see how it looks. Compressing compressing. Textures are large but retain max quality, can always be resaved as DXT1 with weird colors and smaller 50% file size. Uploading, same link for you Phoenix as before, file is updated on the storage in a minute.

Changes:
track: desaturated a bit, anti-sharpened to reduce fringing from sharpening they did on the satellite footage, bandit parking lot blurred now, scaled to 16384px with AI scaler (modern GPUs don't support larger textures)
dirt: removed most prominent eye catching features that made it easy to see that it is a repeated texture

Both saved as DDS with BC7 fine compression. Better quality than DDS DXT5 (BC3) but same size. DX11+ only but AC is DX11 anyway so shouldn't be any issues.

LAC + R34 2.5GB VRAM used

Last edited:
Normal / Reverse One Way Traffic Layouts are done, and will be for supporters only (to keep the main download size down... for.... other things). Supporters will also have access to a 39km Angeles Crest traffic layout... starting at Newcombs Ranch.
View attachment 275830
Due to the hugeness of the AI lines... You need to leave AC saving for around an hour to get AI lines.

Well it would've been soon apart from the testing issues, getting all AI cars to leave the pit area...
It worked out in the end to be an "A2B" tag in the UI affecting a Race Weekend Practice session... One little freaking tag! :D
View attachment 275831
After catching up with ur replies i donated. great work.

Saving, saving, saving, still saving a texture, saving, saving, ... takes forever at best quality and compression. Doing some more fixes will see how it looks. Compressing compressing. Textures are large but retain max quality, can always be resaved as DXT1 with weird colors and smaller 50% file size. Uploading, same link for you Phoenix as before, file is updated on the storage in a minute.

Changes:
track: desaturated a bit, anti-sharpened to reduce fringing from sharpening they did on the satellite footage, bandit parking lot blurred now, scaled to 16384px with AI scaler (modern GPUs don't support larger textures)
dirt: removed most prominent eye catching features that made it easy to see that it is a repeated texture

Both saved as DDS with BC7 fine compression. Better quality than DDS DXT5 (BC3) but same size. DX11+ only but AC is DX11 anyway so shouldn't be any issues.

LAC + R34 2.5GB VRAM used
Thanks mate, I haven't had much time lately... as I'm migrating to Win 10... and getting that OS working reasonably normally... has been a little time consuming... Not to mention getting a ton of programs, plugins, scripts, new drivers etc etc back on... (and not just for track creation related things) has so far been a ton of work.

If you're having fun saving textures... imagine the fun I had with the max resolution 5.6 billion pixel satellite image, when doing transformations on that, I had to leave my PC doing it's thing for hours and hours... and just go out and do other things! :D
Thankfully all that mucking about paid off getting the flow of the road much better for 0.5 onwards, so I'm glad I went to that level.

You'll get weird colours with DXT1 as you need an alpha channel on the diffuse.
I think it basically controls how the detail textures come through. It also depends on the terrain mask (ARGB channels). I've used RGB... but I'm probably going to add an alpha channel... With another detail on it.

I'm not too concerned about any repetitions of the dirt texture atm, as where trees/bushes are scattered non uniformly over it... It mostly negates any repetition.
Sure there will be some repetition where there are no / not as dense.. foliage scattered over it... but this is generally places further offroad. While I wanted to make offroading possible, it's no where near as much of a priority, compared to getting it looking as correct as possible when seen from any of the roads.

Tbh mate, I wouldn't want you to spend too much of your time working on the diffuse, only for changes I make to the mask un-balancing it all.

With the 8k dirt I was seeing a bright large spot repeated on sides of hills when driving on roads (steep hill sides are not covered by trees). I checked alpha channels when present but there was nothing in them.

DXT1 = BC1 4bpp (12bit image), weird colors as result from low image quality of the format, rounding of colors, low bit depth
DXT5 = BC3 8bpp (24bit image + alpha), in general it's OK
"DXT5" newer replacement = BC7 8bpp (24bit image + alpha) with better quality than BC3 (same size), I could not see a difference from uncompressed

Oh right, must admit I haven't really been bothered by any repetition, and I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. Those spots are rocks... balanced to the rockfaces... Things maybe changing anyway with more roadside details.. So it's all up for tweaking / blending.

Hey Red Dead is done.
Online isn't much appealing, so here i am again.

Behind the scene.
How complicated can it be to put 1000 rocks around the track ?
move, rotate, scale, slice, copy paste, do again

Hey Red Dead is done.
Online isn't much appealing, so here i am again.

Behind the scene.
How complicated can it be to put 1000 rocks around the track ?
move, rotate, scale, slice, copy paste, do again
Rockstar games making an unappealing online mode... who would have thought that would happen... Welcome back to the world of multiple horsepower mate! :D

Awesome skills! If that's realtime editing, in comparison.... I'm like a chimp with a hammer! :laugh:

While getting my Win 10 setup 100% sorted... Just doing a bit of reconnaissance along Angeles Crest, noting guardrail placement etc... And I've discovered there really aren't many along the upper section from Newcombs. Just quite a few orange poles!
angeles_crest_top_lack_of_rails_01.jpg

This section, which is basically a high speed chicane coming down to the mid section of Angeles Crest... Nothing... No guardrails... get this section wrong in real life and it would not be good.
It amazes me how dangerous these roads are!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back