LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I would have said that if 4k was 'standard' then 2k would be 1/4 res and 8k would be 4x res, not half and double.

2048 x 2048 = 4, 194, 304 pixels
4096 x 4096 = 16, 777, 216 pixels
8192 x 8192 = 67, 108, 864 pixels
That is true mate... But I was just trying to put things simply... or slightly simplified :D
Plus it's Sunday morning and I haven't had enough caffeine :coffee:

All those resolutions are tooooo many numbers ;)

I was just talking in 'K's sometimes it's simpler with the mahoosiveness of the canyons.

One thing I keep forgetting to mention: when about six or seven minutes into a lap of the Reverse Loop in the 512TR there's a downhill section where some far-off mountains look squiffy in VR because the image in the left and right lenses are quite different. I don't know if this is a track issue or a VR issue but I've not noticed it on any other tracks, and other distant mountains at LAC all look fine.
Sorry I can't be more specific about the location, but you can't really miss it in VR.

One thing I keep forgetting to mention: when about six or seven minutes into a lap of the Reverse Loop in the 512TR there's a downhill section where some far-off mountains look squiffy in VR because the image in the left and right lenses are quite different. I don't know if this is a track issue or a VR issue but I've not noticed it on any other tracks, and other distant mountains at LAC all look fine.
Sorry I can't be more specific about the location, but you can't really miss it in VR.

There are some issues in one or two locations where the mountains in the distance get wobbly
and squirm around. I think it has something to do with the draw distance.

There are some issues in one or two locations where the mountains in the distance get wobbly
and squirm around. I think it has something to do with the draw distance.

It's hard for me to test any of that, as I don't have VR... But thinking about it... I'd have to agree with Cobra... Probably a draw distance issue... Bearing in mind that at various places around the track... you can see for around 20 - 25 km!

Nothing much I can do about it... But I have heard that the latest version of Ilya's shader mod does tweak the draw distance a little more... Worth a try if you haven't already. The extended draw distance certainly helps a little with something on the extra VIP roads ;)

Not had much of a chance to do alot in Max....
But have had a little time to tweak the terrain diffuse texture and mask...
lac_terrain_diff_mask_work_01.jpg

lac_terrain_diff_mask_work_02.jpg

These are just from in the KsEditor... So not all elements loaded... and looks better in game... It's still not where I want it to be yet... But it's heading in the right direction.

Also a little bit more work on my Photoshop roads template... 16,384 x 4096 resolution. Lines etc on different layers... so when I separate the centrelines...
It should be easy to redo the underlying road texture.
These will be available later, for those that have made generous donations over a certain amount, as a way of saying another... Thank you :)
road_template_181112.jpg

There's a small minority of people who have donated 0.01p....
That's not really a coffee where I come from. Sorry to say... they won't be sent any of this, as it's not fair on those who have sent a proper coffee.

Thanks again for all the support! :)

It's hard for me to test any of that, as I don't have VR... But thinking about it... I'd have to agree with Cobra... Probably a draw distance issue... Bearing in mind that at various places around the track... you can see for around 20 - 25 km!

Nothing much I can do about it... But I have heard that the latest version of Ilya's shader mod does tweak the draw distance a little more... Worth a try if you haven't already. The extended draw distance certainly helps a little with something on the extra VIP roads ;)
I'm not sure it's a draw distance issue because the problem persists as you drive closer to the mountain, and other mountains that look further away look fine. Closing one eye then the other seems to show a different image in each eye which is what makes the mountain 'shimmer' when looking through both eyes. It's a weird one. I can't work it out.

Yeah, getting everything, giving nothing. These type of guys are stealing money from the honesty boxes. And they are so stupid, are they thinking you will send the link?
The same happened with ASR Formula, they didn't set the minimum amount of donation for the beta cars. But their system was automatic I guess, so these nice guys earned 0.99 cent, until ASR stopped the program.

That attitude is exactly why I retired for the best part of a year, and why I'll never again put the kind of effort into modding that I did. Sadly, simracing is just like everywhere else - some people are just irredeemable scum. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with Blamer, I understand that some are poor but that is an insult and just plain selfish.:mad:
and you can be sure they'll leave you a one star review because the green in one leaf is just too green
If they do I hope they are named and shamed, I might start a :poop: list

I'm not sure it's a draw distance issue because the problem persists as you drive closer to the mountain, and other mountains that look further away look fine. Closing one eye then the other seems to show a different image in each eye which is what makes the mountain 'shimmer' when looking through both eyes. It's a weird one. I can't work it out.
I doubt there's anything texture / mesh wise that I could have done to make a different image appear in each eye... So whatever it is... Sounds like a VR / AC engine limitation mate.
Without any experience in VR... I'm just making a calculated guess though.

For real? I don't know what those were thinking. :O_o: :poop:

Totally for real... I have to admit though.... I did laugh when I saw them.

Yeah, getting everything, giving nothing. These type of guys are stealing money from the honesty boxes. And they are so stupid, are they thinking you will send the link?
The same happened with ASR Formula, they didn't set the minimum amount of donation for the beta cars. But their system was automatic I guess, so these nice guys earned 0.99 cent, until ASR stopped the program.

This is one of, if not THE, saddest thing I've ever read in this forum...
Speachless

I completely agree with Blamer, I understand that some are poor but that is an insult and just plain selfish.:mad:

If they do I hope they are named and shamed, I might start a :poop: list

Sadly true.

It is what it is, and it is a very small minority!
On a serious plus side... There have been lots and lots of nice notes sent along with the real coffees... "I'm addicted" mentioned plenty of times! :D
There are also cool dudes like Matt Farah who shared it on his social media twice.
Also another serious plus.... Since 0.5... there have been 217 reviews... LA Canyons is the 3rd highest rated mod from all categories on Race Department... There are around 20 servers available, with loads of cool drivers in there. So plenty of other things to focus on! :)

That attitude is exactly why I retired for the best part of a year, and why I'll never again put the kind of effort into modding that I did. Sadly, simracing is just like everywhere else - some people are just irredeemable scum. :rolleyes:
Well I have to say that it's ******** awesome seeing you back on here... in any way, shape or form!
And thanks to work by awesome modders such as yourself... Helping me to work at improving things to make them worthy. So thanks for your part in that :) Welcome back mate!

Oh, that's why I hadn't seen you anymore.
I'm late to the modders party and just made some apps starting this summer, but I totally understand you having already had more than one of those times when you just want to give up and just enjoy the game (and keep the mods for yourself...)
Luckily/unluckily I won't have time to create mods anymore but I'd really like people to understand how many hours go into a mod.
Vain hope, I know...

That's not really a coffee where I come from. Sorry to say... they won't be sent any of this, as it's not fair on those who have sent a proper coffee.

Thanks again for all the support! :)

Some idiots donated .01p ? What the hell?? I'd have sent them back several high res photos of LAC with the message "Enjoy imagining what the VIP version of this track would drive like while I imagine the coffee I couldn't buy with .01p :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Some idiots donated .01p ? What the hell?? I'd have sent them back several high res photos of LAC with the message "Enjoy imagining what the VIP version of this track would drive like while I imagine the coffee I couldn't buy with .01p :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
1 penny would require more than 25.000 people in order to pay back the license for the forest plugins :rolleyes:

i'm also working hard.
0_0.jpg

LACanyons as you never saw it before
0_0.jpg

1 penny would require more than 25.000 people in order to pay back the license for the forest plugins :rolleyes:

i'm also working hard.
0_0.jpg

LACanyons as you never saw it before
0_0.jpg
GBW and filters are looking great! :D
Dude..... It appears you've shot everyone... and... where's your horse?
:whistling:

Horses are right (Bens new signature)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%