LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Finally got a chance to cruise round more of the side roads...

Is it called Mt. Disappointment because it's just shy of the clipping distance to see downtown LA? :p Looks much more impressive from Angeles Crest Hwy.
rcABlek.jpg
lol That damn AC clipping distance... Mount Disappointment is named as is, because when the surveyors got to the top.... They looked just to the East (left from your sceenshot) and noticed the San Gabriel peak was even higher :roflmao: So it's Disappointing from an altitude standpoint!

Happy New Year to anyone following this thread...
Plenty more to come...
Here's my guardrail, concrete/stone wall, barricade road map...
(Not quite the same as Ben's roadmap lol)
guardrails_walls_barricades.jpg

Around 400 - 450 (I stopped counting after 200) Be my guest, if anyone wants to count lol
My cruising / testing on the great online servers has been really useful to see places people frequently crash... I don't want to dumb it down too much... But I've taken into account some of these places.
Thanks to all the drivers online that I've driven with... even those that crashed spectacularly :roflmao:

I won't show too much of these.... But there should be no getting lost with v1.0...
I was going to just do a Track Description ini.. But these will work much much better.
(also additional brake markers)
forest_signs.jpg

There are around 60 of these signs.... all from a 2k x 1k texture... following my strategy of going fairly low on materials / textures. All the real world signs are placed and styled as they are in reality, with some additional ones. Between these signs and all the guardrails/walls etc... It involved a fair few Google Street View "Walks" :D

Last edited:
Thanks Wietie, glad LA Canyons is still your favourite AC track... and that the RV Motorhome can fit through the tunnel :D
Nice lap times, that Abarth 595 lap must have been adrenaline fuelled :D

Oh man, I was on the edge of my seat like you won't believe in that 595! The X2010 is so boring in comparison!
And I believe I had to enter the tunnel exactly in the middle for the RV to fit.

Yeah, that might be needed.. I've got to tweak the roadsigns texture anyway... as my numbers were too small for the MPH signs... I might as well make the numbers big enough to do any height sign I may need in future... For freeway underpasses etc...
Luckily enough... I think all my roadsigns are instances (at least I hope so) :)

First screenshot of the year
and a happy new year !
2019, the year of LAC 1.0 !
bo_lac_190105_01.jpg

remember when i said "my work here is done" ? fun times...
after some research, i redid the antennas of mount Wilson, i used to have them at 80m (260ft), i found out they are actually double, and the highest is almost 300m (1000ft) ! That's some Eiffel Tower numbers!
Rather impressive when driving there now

Happy New Year mate.... (even though I've said it already)
2019 will indeed be the year of the 1.0's :)

Great research, the 1000ft tower... almost the same height as the Eiffel Tower...
Just on top of a 5,700ft mountain... looks really really cool :thumbsup:
The road up to see them will get a little tighter in places with all the stone walls that are going in ;)

You're faster in my Audi than in my Lotus? Maniac :D Also, what's a Joga and why is so fast?

I did a leisure night drive in the Monaco yesterday on this, highly recommended :thumbsup:
but did you put the siren on!

it feels like working on a GTA map more and more...
here making it ready for night ride!
bo_lac_190107_03.jpg

bo_lac_190107_01.jpg

bo_lac_190107_02.jpg

You're faster in my Audi than in my Lotus? Maniac :D Also, what's a Joga and why is so fast?

I did a leisure night drive in the Monaco yesterday on this, highly recommended :thumbsup:

I think I just had way more confidence in the Audi than in the Lotus.
Felt way more comfortable to push hard in it, as the Lotus was giving me a lot of brown pants moments along the way :D
As these laps are the first non-crash lap only, any improvements made later don't go on the chart to keep it fairly fair.

And as for the Joga, it's an old project from someone I met on Discord. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be around Group C territory. I still had it installed so I figured why not take it out for a lap.
It's kind of a bit of a mess :p

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies