LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
If you have the extra roads... please check your emails for a fixed version.
2 fixes...

The 1 temp FFB road mesh section, incorrectly set to render - Fixed
And the Angeles Crest Downhill Hotlap position incorrectly named - Fixed

Thanks to @axeracing and @Ben O'Bro for finding these errors. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
We've had this one before on Pacific Coast, but you really should consider changing your white and yellow lines to it's own object and long hi-res line textures. Having much sharper lines 30-50meters ahead would improve the visuals a lot for the road, where most of eyetime is :D

Laugh all you want, you know it's true and will be an improvement, so just do it :D

Look forward to the rocks update, looks great :)

Cheers, yeah and I will possibly do that... for now it is as it is... I don't really fancy doing a separate object for 100km's just now... You've mentioned cutting down on polys... This will add a few more... For now x16 anisotropic is your friend.

No offence meant here Troels.. when you get your own tracks out mate... maybe then you can tell we what to do :D

How are they going btw?

We've had this one before on Pacific Coast, but you really should consider changing your white and yellow lines to it's own object and long hi-res line textures. Having much sharper lines 30-50meters ahead would improve the visuals a lot for the road, where most of eyetime is :D

Sounds logical but I wonder what the performance cost is in comparison to just altering the Mip LOD bias vor better overall sharper image. Also, at this point, I don't think he's going to alter all those roads again. :O_o:

Sounds logical but I wonder what the performance cost is in comparison to just altering the Mip LOD bias vor better overall sharper image. Also, at this point, I don't think he's going to alter all those roads again. :O_o:
It probably wouldn't have too much of an impact on performance tbh... But it would be another high-res texture / material... And 100km's of it would be time I can spend on something else. I've also collapsed my roads so currently don't have the centre splines... (not rocket surgery to get them back)

Yeah mate... I won't be altering the roads for the foreseeable future... maybe tweaking will occur later... we shall see :)

Do I need a track out to know what to do? Bummer :D

My current track is doing fine, but closed down on the work for the summer. I just can't stand sitting there during the summernights and work. A quick race and back to the family :D

Do I need a track out to know what to do? Bummer :D

My current track is doing fine, but closed down on the work for the summer. I just can't stand sitting there during the summernights and work. A quick race and back to the family :D
NO... you need a track out there to... Tell me what to do ;) even then i'll do what I like :p Bummer! :D
You don't need a track out there to know what to do...
Asking is just fine... suggesting... fine also...
I have other things going on right now.... that won't make me react well to being told... to just do it (adding 100kms of centre line and white lines)

If I have any polys left... after Bens 'Rock Tour' i'll consider it ;) lol
Keep rocking on Ben :thumbsup:

Last edited:
NO... you need a track out there to... Tell me what to do ;) even then i'll do what I like :p Bummer! :D
You don't need a track out there to know what to do...
Asking is just fine... suggesting... fine also...
I have other things going on right now.... that won't make me react well to being told... to just do it (adding 100kms of centre line and white lines)

If I have any polys left... after Bens 'Rock Tour' i'll consider it ;) lol
Keep rocking on Ben :thumbsup:

I'm only commenting because I like driving the track and want it better :)
I don't comment on stuff I don't like, shitty or great doesn't matter.

Cheers :)

I'm only commenting because I like driving the track and want it better :)
I don't comment on stuff I don't like, shitty or great doesn't matter.

Cheers :)
No worries mate... Thanks, I really appreciate that you want it better...
It will get much better... it's a 0.5 because it's halfway...
I have plenty of plans for things... Ben also has some awesome plans...
All that you're saying makes sense.... But with something this huge... There's a certain priority.. and way I'm doing things... for a reason a step or two down the line... Which will make more sense only then.
I've done the same ordering thing, when getting the roads down accurately...
And shaping the terrain and getting it stitched around those roads.

I'd like to keep the main loop around the file size of the Nordschleife folder....
Mainly as a way to keep things from spiralling any further into huge land lol
Anyone that's been up to the top of the side road, near the ACH / Upper Big T junction... and looked across, around 4km's to the South, towards Mt Wilson... Knowing there's a road leading up there... realises I've gone huge enough :D

It's probably going to need a 1.4 million poly FFB mesh around the main loop
(thankfully unrendered)... Those awesome rocks have to fit it... one or two trees...
If there is space later for any of these other things, they will probably get done.

After failing miserably to get yesterday to the place where I discovered the alignment problem by driving with the keyboard...

lac.jpg

Just after the four-lane area and before the 2nd hill to the left. Hard to spot because we drive fast in this place and it is much less visible on the right edge.

After failing miserably to get yesterday to the place where I discovered the alignment problem by driving with the keyboard...

View attachment 261136

Just after the four-lane area and before the 2nd hill to the left. Hard to spot because we drive fast in this place and it is much less visible on the right edge.
Cheers for spotting it... yeah I'm aware of a few areas like that... will probably be re-UV mapping it and other areas a little later on mate... 0.5 was a little bit hurried along to get the new layout out there.

View attachment 261136

I'm sorry Phoenix, but your backers are not going to tolerate things like this. Time to start over from scratch!!! :D :laugh: :roflmao: j/k of course before anyone jumps in to yell at me. :) I finally loaded the latest version and had a great time. I very rarely complete a loop if I'm pushing hard, but I did manage this time. :cool: I'm very intrigued with the thought of driving the main loop in reverse. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like it might be a bit faster with more declines than the original loop direction. At least my fatal crashes will come sooner in my lap then. :roflmao: :laugh: :D

:D Cheers Chris, love it that you had a great time, that's what it's all about..
Wait until you try it at night... gets a little scary at full chat along Upper Big T.

Instead of doing a practice session offline, do a little practice in one of the servers online... even if no-one is in there to start with... you never know a supercar or two may show up for you to play with... I was in there a few days ago for around 10 mins and then 3 or 4 Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and Porsches arrived :D.
If you want a Porsche GT3 RS at any time... grab it quick... as I've noticed they are usually very popular.

Awesome that you made it round, have a cruise or gentle race with some of the guys in there... great guys, and some of them are really quick around these roads.... even though it's only been out for a little over a week.
They'll be more than happy to show you around :)
Be interesting to see if the reverse layout is quicker in any lap times people post...
It may seem faster because you join Upper Big T sooner in the lap.

Drop by this thread to see any servers / lap times and general chat...
You might find some additional challenges being laid down :D
LA Canyons 0.5 - Online Car Meet Thread

This picture has been on my lock screen ever since the 911R was released. I always wondered what road this was shot on. After driving LA Canyons for a few days, I suspect that this is The Snake. Porsche should install this circuit on all their AC Pro machines!

View attachment 260559
sorry to say but that's not the snake. its probably somewhere in the mojave desert far from los angeles. also phoenix I just want to say the track is incredible and you are doing an amazing job. I can say that it is very accurate to real life I love driving this track when my car is on jackstands lol. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 57 70.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 17 21.0%