LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The fast_lane for normal and reverse layout were recorded using side lines that stand about 30 cms. inside the road's edges. I think that testing with differents side lines updated the fast_lane with side lines wider than road edge.

Cheers mate... thanks for learning Blender so you could do this :)
@CobraCat hopefully these will help mate...
I had to change the extension from csv to send it...
These are for the normal layout

Attachments

• side_l_edge.txt
    633.8 KB · Views: 341
  • side_l_narrow_10.txt
    633.8 KB · Views: 275
  • side_l_wider_10.txt
    633.8 KB · Views: 314
  • side_r_edge.txt
    633.4 KB · Views: 303
  • side_r_narrow_10.txt
    633.6 KB · Views: 191
  • side_r_wider_10.txt
    633.4 KB · Views: 248
Thank you very much ! :thumbsup:

Using the narrow files produced great results it seems. I even noticed the AI swapping the lead position a few times. Track boundaries are clean and nicely done! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you very much ! :thumbsup:

Using the narrow files produced great results it seems. I even noticed the AI swapping the lead position a few times. Track boundaries are clean and nicely done! :thumbsup:

Thank you to @correca for making the edges... and to yourself for testing things out mate :) Great use of the support thread guys :thumbsup:

Nice video too Cobra those AI seem nice and feisty!
I've also created a cameras.ini for each layout (only with one cam)...
So if anyone can get either of those two maps (I think my render from max has too narrow lines) linked up to a map.ini I'll include it all together as a separate Hotfix download... I'm sure people don't want to re-download 328mb's again?

Or I can update the track to 0.501? Let me know guys, which way you'd prefer.

Both if possible or just update the track to 0.501, either way is fine with me.

Ohhhhhhh cameras. I've been eagerly and patiently awaiting cams! Tried using the cam editor tool on RD. My goodness that thing is tricky! HAHA

Ok, I'll have a check that nothing causes any out of sync errors... So no mismatches online etc.
As long as nothing changes in the models.ini or surfaces.ini it should be fine online between 0.5 and 0.501 :)

If anyone wants to get any awesome helicopter style replay videos... and has an Xbox controller...
I'd 100% recommend downloading Stereo's awesome Joy Cam App!
Disconnect the device you use to drive with before using
as I've heard there's a chance your settings can go a little wonky.

Put the speeds down quite low... so it's easier to get smooth pans and tracks :)
The tools are all there.... I'd recommend taking advantage of them :thumbsup:

So if anyone can get either of those two maps (I think my render from max has too narrow lines) linked up to a map.ini I'll include it all together as a separate Hotfix download...
I actually think the map and ini @correca has provided is quite good. Did just a short testing session and it seems to line up quite nicely. Why don't you inlude this one for now?

I actually think the map and ini @correca has provided is quite good. Did just a short testing session and it seems to line up quite nicely. Why don't you inlude this one for now?
Thanks a load for the feedback... I haven't had time to test things for a few days....
I've had to catch up with things I put on hold... So I could give you guys 0.5 :)
Also Correca wasn't 100% happy with the lining up and zoom... Now you've tested and like it...
I will totally include it :) And as Correca says... where it's zoomed out a bit more... you can see further ahead for traffic... Which I certainly need to do! :D
Cheers for the feedback!

Even if it's not perfect, you should still go for it for now. You're still only at 0.5 so issues are to be expected. This map and.ini is better than what you had before. You can always include an ever better version next time.

Anyone with the extra roads find any more snowy roads? :D
Apart from the one short section on Angeles Crest, Heading to LA?
If not I'll get a snow plough in soon.

AI do have some issues with scraping the barriers at times. It appears they are attempting to overtake while in the turn, they change lanes then cant control their momentum and scrap the wall. Fortunately they don't spin out and typically it doesn't slow them down too much.

It only seems to happen to AI cars that are following me. When I was behind the lead AI car, it had no problems traversing the corners properly. Although obviously since it was leading, it had no reason to attempt an overtake. This is probably an issue with the AI programming and not specifically an issue with this tracks AI files. With vintage cars the AI can have issues braking for the corners, I saw one go off a climb and another T bone a barrier, although not every car had these issues.

AI do have some issues with scraping the barriers at times. It appears they are attempting to overtake while in the turn, they change lanes then cant control their momentum and scrap the wall. Fortunately they don't spin out and typically it doesn't slow them down too much.

It only seems to happen to AI cars that are following me. When I was behind the lead AI car, it had no problems traversing the corners properly. Although obviously since it was leading, it had no reason to attempt an overtake. This is probably an issue with the AI programming and not specifically an issue with this tracks AI files. With vintage cars the AI can have issues braking for the corners, I saw one go off a climb and another T bone a barrier, although not every car had these issues.

Thanks for testing them out mate... and for the feedback :)
I think generally Assetto's AI programming wasn't designed for narrower, public highways...
So they will always do some funky things... particulary on overtakes... it is what it is...
@correca has done a wonderful... time consuming job... saved me a lot of time to get other things done, like the guardrails. And in so doing, has helped my crazy project more than he realises!

For example, when a guardrail saves your run from ending in a flying episode... :D
You can thank Correca for buying me the time to get them in... and thank @benobro for helping and giving me detailed expert advice on how to put them in :thumbsup:

Ok, I'll have a check that nothing causes any out of sync errors... So no mismatches online etc.
As long as nothing changes in the models.ini or surfaces.ini it should be fine online between 0.5 and 0.501 :)

If anyone wants to get any awesome helicopter style replay videos... and has an Xbox controller...
I'd 100% recommend downloading Stereo's awesome Joy Cam App!
Disconnect the device you use to drive with before using
as I've heard there's a chance your settings can go a little wonky.

Put the speeds down quite low... so it's easier to get smooth pans and tracks :)
The tools are all there.... I'd recommend taking advantage of them :thumbsup:

Joycam is nice, works perfectly with my PS4 controller. Will mos def take some practice to get a handle on accurately controlling the drone camera. I wish there was way to make it stay a constant height above the ground and just allow me to control the left and right movements.

Thanks for testing them out mate... and for the feedback :)
I think generally Assetto's AI programming wasn't designed for narrower, public highways...
So they will always do some funky things... particulary on overtakes... it is what it is...
@correca has done a wonderful... time consuming job... saved me a lot of time to get other things done, like the guardrails. And in so doing, has helped my crazy project more than he realises!

For example, when a guardrail saves your run from ending in a flying episode... :D
You can thank Correca for buying me the time to get them in... and thank @benobro for helping and giving me detailed expert advice on how to put them in :thumbsup:

I agree, AI were certainly not designed for narrow roads such as this. This road at race speeds is tricky for humans. The AI do a great job none the less.

Anyone with the extra roads find any more snowy roads? :D
Apart from the one short section on Angeles Crest, Heading to LA?
If not I'll get a snow plough in soon.

I think I saw a road alignment problem on the main route. It was shortly after the first stop. I'll double check tonight when I get home from work, if I can drive with the keyboard to this place, no time to set up the rig!

Joycam is nice, works perfectly with my PS4 controller. Will mos def take some practice to get a handle on accurately controlling the drone camera. I wish there was way to make it stay a constant height above the ground and just allow me to control the left and right movements.
Yeah... some extra options to make for easier control would be nice...
depending if there are ways to get those options working of course.

I agree, AI were certainly not designed for narrow roads such as this. This road at race speeds is tricky for humans. The AI do a great job none the less.
These road at race speeds are just plain dangerous... :D
Anyone lucky enough, to live near these roads in real life should drive them safely!
Save any crazyness for Assetto!

I think I saw a road alignment problem on the main route. It was shortly after the first stop. I'll double check tonight when I get home from work, if I can drive with the keyboard to this place, no time to set up the rig!
I won't have time to alter any meshes etc for a little while...
but will do simple things like change the rendering setting on temp FFB meshes (for extra roads)... add a 1 camera, cameras.ini (just to stop the crashing) and change the freeroam map. And update AI lines as needed. I won't have time to save any AI lines atm
(I need my computer for other things... and saving AI lines takes an hour... and I don't like doing other things while it saves... In case something crashes)
Good luck driving with keyboard, and thanks for any testing you do mate :)

Yeah... some extra options to make for easier control would be nice...
depending if there are ways to get those options working of course.

These road at race speeds are just plain dangerous... :D
Anyone lucky enough, to live near these roads in real life should drive them safely!
Save any crazyness for Assetto!

In real life, I'd be driving these roads like a granny!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.