Phoenix77

Premium
To keep the track support thread cleaner... I thought I'd open a thread for everyone using the latest version (0.55) of LA Canyons to organise Angeles Forest car meets, cruises, racing on the servers... etc
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-55-18.jpg

Anyone hosting a server, let others know about it here (with any necessary mods)...
And hopefully more people will find your servers and join in for some fun online.
As this was always my plan when creating my tracks.
Screenshot_bo_caterham_roadster500_la_canyons_5-8-118-16-57-57.jpg

If this thread is in the wrong place, apologies...
could an Admin please move where it should be, thanks :)
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_la_canyons_14-7-118-1-46-45.jpg

Last edited:
I'll start this off by listing the current servers available.....

Currently there are 4 Freeroam Servers - I'm not sure how permanent they are... As these people have been kind enough to rent personal server space just for my
LA Canyons track. I can't thank them enough... Cheers!

Flat Out - LA Canyons - Run by @correca
Has a nice selection of sports and supercars - 16 slots - Daytime
This is Correca's personal server so this could change if his friends want to drive somewhere else. Thanks mate :)

LA Canyons - Public Freeroam - Run By @shmafoozius
Another nice selection of sports / muscle / supercars - 57 slots - Daytime
Again this is Shmafoozius's personal server, thanks mate :thumbsup:

Lost Highway | Light is Right - Run By @Mumaransa
As the title suggests, currently tuned with english light cars - 32 slots - Daytime
Mumaransa's server, really appreciate it mate :)

Cruising The Web LA Canyons - Not sure who runs this...
Has a nice selection of the older cars. 16 Slots
Thanks to whoever's running this.

Just search 'canyons'

All the servers I've been in have had a great group of cool & respectful drivers...
Please continue this trend... and if things get busy it might be an idea to drive on the Right... and be respectful of oncoming traffic :)

Thanks... Hope this thread helps organise some great events :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot mate... I'm really glad to help on my side... to make that experience possible :)
And thank you for the drives on the 0.3 server to help influence where I took this 'update'
Including the seriously crazy amount of tarmac, laybys, shoulders and ideal meeting places.

Anyone hosting servers, and who have discord chat channels should maybe put a link to the Discord in this thread :)

I guess my server will stay like this for a while. Initially rented it for different stuff and games some years ago and was kind of just idling for over 2 years now. I'm quite happy that I can use it again. Might only be private for single days when I try out some mods with a friend. Then again, I might just host a second one on the same server if the first one is not full. Should have enough power. :)

Regarding discord... sure I can open a chat channel. Then again, anyone could do it. I'm not so sure it's such a good idea to talk to +6 people at the same time. I mostly use discord in private rooms when talking but most of the time I just use the text based stuff. Still, if anyone is interested, I can open another channel.

Cheers, if you need it for other things at any time... that's understandable mate :)
I really appreciate you hosting for as long as you do...
This track is made for cruising / car meets in mind...
So it's really cool the track has servers from day one. Makes my work feel way more worthwhile!

I don't have a mic so I just type in AC chat... Maybe I'm too old school, or technically challenged lol

I'll start this off by listing the current servers available.....

Hey,

You forgot mine, but I don't think he was on when I got up, no ideas why...

Lost Highway | Light is Right
As the title suggests, currently tuned with english light cars. 32 slots.

I saw you playing on Viso's server last night, I could have joined you but there was this horrible thing activated called virtual mirror (immersion killer for me). And for some obscure reason, it was daylight despite the shaders patch actived on my side.

So i spend the night doing some presets for the server with Content Manager and some driving with vintage cars. Do I need to say that I am very impressed by the work done since version 0.3? I was in love with Pacific Coast but man, these roads are now awesome!

Hey,

You forgot mine, but I don't think he was on when I got up, no ideas why...

Lost Highway | Light is Right
As the title suggests, currently tuned with english light cars. 32 slots.

I saw you playing on Viso's server last night, I could have joined you but there was this horrible thing activated called virtual mirror (immersion killer for me). And for some obscure reason, it was daylight despite the shaders patch actived on my side.

So i spend the night doing some presets for the server with Content Manager and some driving with vintage cars. Do I need to say that I am very impressed by the work done since version 0.3? I was in love with Pacific Coast but man, these roads are now awesome!
Thanks a load mate... Pacific has plenty of new resources that can added... and I already have things like guard rails splines :) But having a week or so to let my brain catch up :D

Not sure what that virtual mirror thing is... do you mean the F11 one? can just press F11 and it goes... not sure about the headlight shaders not working though... Correca might know more than me... might be something in the error logs?

Will put your server in the post above mate... Thanks again... glad you're loving the new roads... and having fun around here :)

Not sure what that virtual mirror thing is... do you mean the F11 one? can just press F11 and it goes...

When it's forced on on the server settings, there nothing you can do... and it's a big NO for me to play with this... thing.

And since we're talking about Pacific Coast, the only thing I'm missing on Canyons (besides the sea view of course) is this little nice FFB effect when you drive on the yellow line!

What about a "The Cannonball Run" server, with races instead of just cruising?

Say, a 1-lap race (no practice or qualify), server open and with vote to restart. 20-something cars. Damage set to 0.

Even better but I think not doable a fixed time race and the race restarts automatically after 20 minutes for example. This way every 20 minutes all people including those who have joined mid-race can regroup at the start, also it adds the challenge of finishing one lap within the time.

Last edited:
Still have to try to actually do a fast lap. Till now I was only cruising on the track. Definitely helped me in remembering the layout though.

Could someone maybe throw out some table with lap times in different vehicles so we can compare times better?

I just did a 17:50 in the above Mazda (just to ensure my hunch that almost anything can do it under 20 mins), but really don't consider that a fast lap, my lines are terrible and I don't quite know all of the corner sequences properly, also i never drive at 100% grip.

Think the only other time Ive done since the update is the Ferrari 812 which was a 15:36, but again that was probably even further off the potential pace.

In 20 mins? I think anything from an MX5 up should be able to do that comfortably with a few minutes to spare :D

030f3e177b762242565abdfb6812bd88.gif
Ok let's try and race your Transit then :D
(I said 20 mins just to throw in a random number, and sadly I think it's not possible to have a race that restarts after a specified time, so it has to be one lap at least, meaning that one car has to reach the finish line).

Last edited:
Not sure as I did not look into it but I think there's also the possibility to make some server mods? Might be that automatic race restarts can be done this way?

I'd sure love to host some Transit races on this track once it's available. As I don't think that the server will ever use all 57 slots at the same time, there might be enough resources to host a second one in parallel just temporarily for an event like this.

Just spent 19:25 trying to set a time in the Monaco only to fall off a cliff a few corners before the last junction (it's an un-barriered right turn). I think it can't make it under 20 minutes, it'd be under 22 though.

Certainly needs better tires to chase anything modern... they overheat in 3 minutes of full attack, you have to stay at 80% or so.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back