LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
hey Pheonix it's Isamu, just bought you a beer under the name "Rosa Walcott". Please send me the link to the remaining full version of the tracks. Thanks bud and great job! :)
Hey Isamu, thanks a lot... just got to sort out a few real life things... but will email you the link soon no worries :)

Street Version have very kindly been the 1st to make a video of a lap around here for those that haven't tried the new version...
As you can probably tell from the preview image... Track Cameras will work very well, even without the trees :)

Thanks a lot for taking the step just for the Canyons mate... really appreciate this...

If anyone else reading this appreciates Mumaransa's commitment... Go for a drive with him sometime soon... or even just pop in and say hello, and thanks :)
Or do what AxeGaming did with the Pacific Servers... Join even if no-ones in there and set a fast lap for everyone else to be amazed by :)
It's weird... It's like everyone's scared to join if no-ones already in there :D

Good to have different servers with a different mix of cars. :)

Having multiple servers running a mod with different admins trying to gather people is an issue in itself. You guys should team up, having 1 rented server and close the others. Then change the cars up now and then, if needed at all.
Next, you could with permission by John use this thread to announce sessions, car changes etc.

Although, me and a buddy have plenty of fun just racing each other around the normal loop :D

Having multiple servers running a mod with different admins trying to gather people is an issue in itself. You guys should team up, having 1 rented server and close the others. Then change the cars up now and then, if needed at all.
Next, you could with permission by John use this thread to announce sessions, car changes etc.

Although, me and a buddy have plenty of fun just racing each other around the normal loop :D
Nice one mate... I don't actually think having multiple servers is an issue... especially if one of them is a night time car meet server... Had a test on a night time server and it is unbelievably crazy fun... If it's a little scary at speed in the day... Try it at night... Upper Big T at 150mph+ at night against friends is better than I could ever have hoped for when planning this track :)

Everyone has my permission to organise car meets in this thread,
But instead.. I thought I'd create a separate thread...
LA Canyons 0.5 - Organising car meets thread :)
To keep this thread a little more streamlined... head over there and organise any car meets you like, chat, post lap times, setups... If people can do this in real life... I'm sure they can be organised in the virtual world.
Really glad you're having plenty of fun with your buddy :) awesome!
Lets get some more cars along the Crest ;)

EDIT: I won't be putting in the Donut shop in the video... So you'll have to get some before hand :D

Last edited:
On a separate note... I've had confirmation from another person 5 mins away from the Angeles Forest area... that the roads are Very accurate... Maybe not perfectly recreated... But for someone 5,437 miles away from Los Angeles...

I'll take very accurate as a win :)

I've been waiting for a massive road circuit like this for a proper sim for years. It is simply astonishing being able to drive for 15 plus mins on a twisting road with great elevation changes, almost like being there, although much safer, haha.

Thanx again! Bravo !

I've been waiting for a massive road circuit like this for a proper sim for years. It is simply astonishing being able to drive for 15 plus mins on a twisting road with great elevation changes, almost like being there, although much safer, haha.

Thanx again! Bravo !

Same here. Untill some time ago, I used to drive on a Targa Florio port in GT Legends. When I noticed same port was available for AC, I switched over (by the way, it's fun how it takes almost an hour for a lap over there when driving carefully with a SLOW car :roflmao:). But as it's not a good conversion, I needed a new track. For some reason I'm one of the few who actually does NOT like the Nordschleife so I'm glad LA Canyons came to the rescue.

There's virtually no flow on the Nordsleife, it's all technical stuff for the most part with little room for errors. Canyon is a public road and are designed within the speed limits to be as "comfortable" as possible, despite the location and enviroment. Most roads are designed like this. That's why it, for me, is a more natural drivingexperience. Of cause the mix of elevation and vertical surroundings add to the drive.
I really hope this track goes all the way!
When is the satelite images gonna be wrapped around the hills? :D

Thanx again! Bravo !
Cheers mate, you can drive for more than 15 mins...... You can just keep going and going ;)
And driving these roads at night, online with some really fast drivers, is just too much fun.
This is kind of the Gran Turismo track I wanted to have years ago...
Also a Test Drive or Need For Speed type track.
Knowing it's very accurate over the distance I've gone for is more than I could've asked for :)
The rebuild, although 5+ months work... was completely the right choice.
I'm really pleased you're finding it astonishing... Have loads of fun with it mate :thumbsup:

Same here. Untill some time ago, I used to drive on a Targa Florio port in GT Legends. When I noticed same port was available for AC, I switched over (by the way, it's fun how it takes almost an hour for a lap over there when driving carefully with a SLOW car :roflmao:). But as it's not a good conversion, I needed a new track. For some reason I'm one of the few who actually does NOT like the Nordschleife so I'm glad LA Canyons came to the rescue.
Targa Florio is 72km's isn't it... With around 150km's of roads... This is twice as crazy. And puts the hugeness of this project into context :D
Glad I came to the rescue, and thanks again for the server.
Slower cars around the canyons are still fun, which I wasn't expecting...
Where the corners are mostly open, you can keep the pedal down. The MX5's around here are great for learning the lines :thumbsup:

There's virtually no flow on the Nordsleife, it's all technical stuff for the most part with little room for errors. Canyon is a public road and are designed within the speed limits to be as "comfortable" as possible, despite the location and enviroment. Most roads are designed like this. That's why it, for me, is a more natural drivingexperience. Of cause the mix of elevation and vertical surroundings add to the drive.
I really hope this track goes all the way!
When is the satelite images gonna be wrapped around the hills? :D
I'd say the Nordschleife definitely flows... but it doesn't have corners, planned to highway regulations.

So basically as you're saying, certain radii, safety regulations etc... Where I've got the roads positioned really accurately, and with guardrails, signage roughly following FHWA specifications... that's where the natural and comfortable driving this track has comes from.
This track will go all the way.
Until I know what kind of distance the trees can cover... It's hard to say how effective any large satellite image diffuse would be. 12k looks quite cool from 500m's to 1km... with the detail textures in nearer to the road. Will have to see mate :)

A note for anyone with the extra roads.... There is one section of the temp road physical mesh that I missed setting to unrendered :confused:
It's one section (500m's ish) of Angeles Crest heading down to LA.
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_la_canyons_16-7-118-1-15-41.jpg

I will spend a few days checking the area and fix it soon. Well done to AxeGaming for letting me know :thumbsup:

I'd love to join online sessions of this track, but it doesn't work on my end, despite the fps being fine I have like 0.3 second long "hickups" every few seconds, no idea what causes it. RAM usage is fine at 2,3 GB for a server
Sbjxjwq.jpg

the red bump indicates one

works perfectly fine in single player practice with 100+ fps and no hickups (no red bumps)

Last edited:
I'd love to join online sessions of this track, but it doesn't work on my end, despite the fps being fine I have like 0.3 second long "hickups" every few seconds, no idea what causes it. RAM usage is fine at 2,3 GB for a server
Sbjxjwq.jpg

the red bump indicates one

works perfectly fine in single player practice with 100+ fps and no hickups (no red bumps)
Really sorry to hear that mate... I had no trouble at all... and I noticed one time I had Max open with the whole track master scene open.

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading again... just in case it went wonky?
Just a rough guess... But never know it might help.
Maybe an app you have running clashing with something?
DIPs look low... and PHY is quite low, isn't it?

Cheers mate, you can drive for more than 15 mins...... You can just keep going and going ;)
And driving these roads at night, online with some really fast drivers, is just too much fun.
This is kind of the Gran Turismo track I wanted to have years ago...
Also a Test Drive or Need For Speed type track.
Knowing it's very accurate over the distance I've gone for is more than I could've asked for :)
The rebuild, although 5+ months work... was completely the right choice.
I'm really pleased you're finding it astonishing... Have loads of fun with it mate :thumbsup:

I find it so immersive to set the time to sunrise or sunset in combination with the headlight mod. Then put on some classic Japanese City Pop tunes and just drive like a madman around the canyons.

I've always envied the massive road maps that the Euro and American Truck simulators have and wished for something remotely similar in proper racing/driving sim. LA Canyons is the answer I've been looking for.

I imagine there will be a traffic mod for this road in the near future. That is going to be insane! HAHAH

Really sorry to hear that mate... I had no trouble at all... and I noticed one time I had Max open with the whole track master scene open.

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading again... just in case it went wonky?
Just a rough guess... But never know it might help.
Maybe an app you have running clashing with something?
DIPs look low... and PHY is quite low, isn't it?
don't think a redownload would change anything, either it works or it does not. No special apps running besides Sidekick, and yes, PHY looks fine, tho I'm always severely CPU bottlenecked here.
But I just ran a lap with 6 AI (my typical 15 AI grid is too much on this track, PHY will be at 117%), and it was fine, fps was above 100 and all the lines in the app kept consistent and low, so it must be something related to either freeroam layout or the 30+ cars loaded in the background when entering a server.

I find it so immersive to set the time to sunrise or sunset in combination with the headlight mod. Then put on some classic Japanese City Pop tunes and just drive like a madman around the canyons.

I've always envied the massive road maps that the Euro and American Truck simulators have and wished for something remotely similar in proper racing/driving sim. LA Canyons is the answer I've been looking for.

I imagine there will be a traffic mod for this road in the near future. That is going to be insane! HAHAH
Yeah sunrise, sunset, midnight, daytime... anytime is good with the tunes playing :)
I hope you're driving like a madman... but still making it round ok? :D
Glad LA Canyons is the answer.. can't ask for more than that... Excellent!

I think a traffic AI mod will have to be done... but it's just a question of how many AI you'd have to run to see any other car.... It certainly won't be rush hour lol

Glad you're loving the rebuild :)

Oh and I normally go for a bit of Synthwave, Chillwave, Progressive to try and slow my driving down... or something a bit heavier if I'm going for it :)

Last edited:
don't think a redownload would change anything, either it works or it does not. No special apps running besides Sidekick, and yes, PHY looks fine, tho I'm always severely CPU bottlenecked here.
But I just ran a lap with 6 AI (my typical 15 AI grid is too much on this track, PHY will be at 117%), and it was fine, fps was above 100 and all the lines in the app kept consistent and low, so it must be something related to either freeroam layout or the 30+ cars loaded in the background when entering a server.
Not sure what the issue could be then...Maybe it's that CPU bottleneck... Out of interest... do you normally have any issues with 32 car online servers?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back