LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah I've planned a vastly spread out freeroam layout since I put in all the laybys and tarmac areas... that's why when you drive over some laybys the pit selection window opens. The surface is a designated pit area... there are lots and lots and lots of them.

I chose to start with the Freeroam, with all pit boxes within a few km's of each other... for people to start off with to learn the area... when they know the area... be prepared to be possibly 10 miles away from a friend ;) or around 8 minutes away lol

I listen to "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" soundtrack from Morricone :D

EDIT: I posted the server proposal in the other thread.

Last edited:
I listen to "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" soundtrack from Morricone :D

What about a "The Cannonball Run" server, with races?

EDIT: maybe it could be done. Say, a 1-lap race, server open and with vote to restart. Damage set to 0.
Even better but not sure if doable a fixed time race and the race restarts automatically after 20 minutes for example. This way every 20 minutes all people including those who have joined mid-race can regroup at the start, also it adds the challenge of finishing one lap within the time.
lol at The Good, The Bad and The Ugly... although I can see how that could be good :)
I have put in 125 Start Positions on the Freeroam... and it uses the exact same timing gates as normal layout... so pretty much anything is possible ;) You could run up to a 125 car Cannonball if you want :D

i don't understand the AI in race, they all go in the left barrier and are slow and suddenly the accelerate...there is an issue with ai at the start, it was the normal race.

Look forward to watching this later :)

The comments section does go to show that youtube really is the very bottom of the internet in terms of comment quality!

One reply on there pointing out how he could make dozens of tracks like this in an hour, and that it's a low effort mod :roflmao:

Let's hope he takes Alex up on his offer to review it if he makes one in an hour :O_o:

Not sure what the issue could be then...Maybe it's that CPU bottleneck... Out of interest... do you normally have any issues with 32 car online servers?
nope, can join 32+ servers like those Nordschleife Touristenfahrten without issue, even if all cars are on track.

I may try it again later this night and take a look into the logs, maybe AC is pinging for something (like the missing cameras). The intervall of it is what is odd to me

That is strange mate... Not sure what to suggest as you're the only one that's reported this so far.... Maybe you have a mod or app that's conflicting somewhere? and did you remove any previous la_canyons folder from your track folder before installing? If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to step in :)

EDIT: maybe something went corrupt on download... maybe try deleting the la_canyons folder, and downloading a fresh copy may help?
Um no, I didn't have this track before at all. I will try a clean install and give it another go.

The comments section does go to show that youtube really is the very bottom of the internet in terms of comment quality!

One reply on there pointing out how he could make dozens of tracks like this in an hour, and that it's a low effort mod :roflmao:

Let's hope he takes Alex up on his offer to review it if he makes one in an hour :O_o:

I saw that idiot. Checked his YT channel and nothing sim related at all.

nope, can join 32+ servers like those Nordschleife Touristenfahrten without issue, even if all cars are on track.

I may try it again later this night and take a look into the logs, maybe AC is pinging for something (like the missing cameras). The intervall of it is what is odd to me

Just to make sure: Did you just try this on my server or on others as well? Just asking as some settings on my server might have influence on this (e.g. I use a slightly higher update rate for communication).

Also, you do the same issues exist when you try the same in singleplayer?

Just to make sure: Did you just try this on my server or on others as well? Just asking as some settings on my server might have influence on this (e.g. I use a slightly higher update rate for communication).

Also, you do the same issues exist when you try the same in singleplayer?
nope, as I wrote on the last page it works flawless, even with a few AI, 100+ fps and no stutters even when making full use of night mod.

I'd love to join online sessions of this track, but it doesn't work on my end, despite the fps being fine I have like 0.3 second long "hickups" every few seconds, no idea what causes it. RAM usage is fine at 2,3 GB for a server
Sbjxjwq.jpg

the red bump indicates one

works perfectly fine in single player practice with 100+ fps and no hickups (no red bumps)
Actually this happens to me also, but only lasts for the first few corners. After a few minutes it smooths out real nice. Are you using vr by any chance?

Its astonishing how some people try to prove to be the biggest idiot out there :O_o:

Of course you don't have to share the opinion of Alex in this case about the greatest mod track ever but to come up with "I could make dozens of these tracks in an hour. Seriously." is just stupid.

But a really nice answer of Alex: "Do it."

Lets see, maybe Post Rock Mixes will flood RD with tracks within an hour :roflmao:

Greets After_Midnight

Its astonishing how some people try to prove to be the biggest idiot out there :O_o:

Of course you don't have to share the opinion of Alex in this case about the greatest mod track ever but to come up with "I could make dozens of these tracks in an hour. Seriously." is just stupid.

But a really nice answer of Alex: "Do it."

Lets see, maybe Post Rock Mixes will flood RD with tracks within an hour :roflmao:

Greets After_Midnight

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Same thing with that guy, if he is clicking on everything for a solid hour with absolute luck, there is a chance he could come up with the same track XD
Given the loading time of only the bushes in ksEditor though, i must be doubtful about his claim!

Anyways.
Let's put some progress pic here since i'm no longer secret gardener around LA.
I'm also secret stoner...

yH7uAJg.jpg

ixtGg21.jpg

mBrqrxQ.jpg

this is just one in hundred test i'm going through... might look nice but performance won't be that fun!

Sure looks great though! Do those really have such a huge hit on the performance?
i tried covering about 1km and they are the same filesize as 42km of bushes... they are game optimized but still heavier! The other issue is that i have no solution to spread them automatically and properly, so it is all hand made positioning at the moment, and it hurts :cry:
Anyways, research goes on!

Awesome experimentation mate... If the resources for the trees allow these rocks... It will be seriously cool :)
And as everyone would agree, you've done a magnificent job on the grass / bushes and bridge :)

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Same thing with that guy, if he is clicking on everything for a solid hour with absolute luck, there is a chance he could come up with the same track XD
Given the loading time of only the bushes in ksEditor though, i must be doubtful about his claim!

I already known this "infinite monkey theorem" but infinity is not an other term for an hour :roflmao:

@Ben O'Bro and @Phoenix77 keep up your great work :thumbsup:

Hey there is always one Youtube user that's just landed in his spaceship...
Better have a look in the Assetto Tracks section.... there should be around 100... 900km², 150km long tracks... by now... hmmmm that's strange... I only see one :roflmao:

Anyways.
Let's put some progress pic here since i'm no longer secret gardener around LA.
I'm also secret stoner...

View attachment 260515

View attachment 260516

View attachment 260514

this is just one in hundred test i'm going through... might look nice but performance won't be that fun!
Love it.... In fact I really want to like that guys comment on Youtube... as he made me laugh so freaking much... Awesome :D
There are people in life who just want a reaction... My reaction is just laughter! hahaha

Glad you're no longer a secret gardener or stoner mate :D
Actually... what a great combination that is... when you think about it ;) :roflmao:

I already known this "infinite monkey theorem" but infinity is not an other term for an hour :roflmao:

@Ben O'Bro and @Phoenix77 keep up your great work :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot mate... and thanks for sharing the video... Nice one :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%