LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yep. You can also add a cameras_start.ini to your data folder too, which contains static cameras that AC uses randomly as scenes before the race starts (I just remembered that I forgot to add one to Feldbergring :roflmao:)
Yeah I thought they got rid of those... says the man who forgot to put in a cameras.ini :roflmao:

Start cameras are no longer used. They switched back to looking at the car a few updates ago.
Cheers for confiming that :)

Ahhhhh so many possibilities!

20180716102009_1.jpg

That's what happens when you only release one track every 12 months :rolleyes: Sorry for the misinformation :redface:
You may release one track every 12 months.... But they're awesome!
Anyway... I think I release one every 10 months or so (an update that is) :D
No worries mate... It's hard to keep up with all the changes / things to do / procedures.

Last edited:
Love the bushes, and the signs, and the surface, and the canyons and...man best track ever!

6A3dU8T.jpg

28fBx7X.jpg

Tireflex also love that and nicely observable here with all the fast bends...

Hn4uDIW.jpg

Thaaank you!

he0zwml.jpg

Wouldn't be a post of mine if I didn't include a crazy wide angle sunset shot :).
Love the screenshots mate... not as much as I'll love seeing your Daytona and BMW on these roads :)

Found one wrong face :p in the 2nd pulloff east of the west corner, I believe (I was running the reverse layout, it's the first major intersection you get to on the forward layout)
qksfjCf.jpg

One other comment, on the horseshoes turns the scrubby bushes along the more distant road look kinda weird, maybe they should be scattered across the intervening canyon too. Just for the spots where the road loops back on itself.

It's my first gardening design as independent hence the lack of trimming sometimes :D
Joke aside and on a technical side, the bushes are spread pretty much automatically, all the 150.000 of them. I kept a few meters distance to and from the road to spread them. As well as a maximum incline limit. They also might intersect the railing sometimes!
If you can make a screenshot of the location I will have a look :)

I've spent quite a bit of time on that highway in the 28 years I lived in California.
You're doing it justice. I like where this is going.
I've been watching your progress with great interest and anticipation.
I don't yet have the track, simply because I wanted it to have the textures before I take it for a spin.
As the man said.... "It's gettin' close".

It's my first gardening design as independent hence the lack of trimming sometimes :D
Joke aside and on a technical side, the bushes are spread pretty much automatically, all the 150.000 of them. I kept a few meters distance to and from the road to spread them. As well as a maximum incline limit. They also might intersect the railing sometimes!
If you can make a screenshot of the location I will have a look :)
I think everyone who's driven 0.5 will agree, you're doing a freaking awesome job for your 1st attempt, and a seriously cool dude to collaborate with. Thanks a ton mate :)

I've spent quite a bit of time on that highway in the 28 years I lived in California.
You're doing it justice. I like where this is going.
I've been watching your progress with great interest and anticipation.
I don't yet have the track, simply because I wanted it to have the textures before I take it for a spin.
As the man said.... "It's gettin' close".
Cheers Terry... Not sure what textures you wanted... It has a few now..
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_la_canyons_5-7-118-19-37-35.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_la_canyons_5-7-118-20-8-32.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_991_carrera_s_la_canyons_6-7-118-22-22-58.jpg

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_la_canyons_10-7-118-0-44-43.jpg

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_la_canyons_10-7-118-0-33-20.jpg

Love the screenshots mate... not as much as I'll love seeing your Daytona and BMW on these roads :)

Matter of fact I'm putting together a first set of rough physics for the spaceship AKA E31 (excluding the activbe steering multilink rear suspension for now) to start testing it in game and your track will be the proving grounds. Anyone can do the Nordschleife :roflmao:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.7%