LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes i know i can drive both directions as long as i stay on the right side i will not be DQ. I am familiar with that.

The two way mod has AI lines, but as you explained before, the "f3-tv-cam" still doesn´work. Nevermind thanks for the explanation and the great mod of course. :thumbsup:
I will try the normal one way version next time.

No worries Kevin, cheers! :)
The one way layouts will work fine for cameras.... Have a look at the 'Layout Guide' for more info.

If you want to make replay videos etc, and have an xbox controller...
Check out @Stereo 's great Joycam mod here on Race Department.

try have a look at this tutorial :

i recommend having some basic knowledge of folder structure and files explorer, to know what you're doing :)

and once you watched the video above
see here

Done! many thx! Im in love with this mod, thx allot for this!!!
I have one more question, how is the population in vip mod? Im thinking of buying the vip mod next month.

Best regard guys!

I downloaded the vip pack (yes i payed for it lol) and its just saying track not found. I tried installing it manually and through cm. i enabled it and everything. idk what to do.

Just bought VIP access and unzipping it it says it has broken files. Downloaded a second time, same error.
1617371046608.png

I just wanted to express again how awesome this track is! I love taking out my real a little bit sporty car "Hot Hatch" on country backroads in my area. When I can't do that because of bad weather, I love driving LAC. There is literally no at home activity that gives me a virtual thrill and relaxation at the same time like driving this track.

Just thank you. It is just so awesome!!!

Hey it is me again. After some more driving I got really curious how you did all this. Have you ever written a post about that or is there like a Video showing the basic concept? I have no idea about track/Scenery modeling for games. Like how did you get the routing of the streets, the elevation, on which data was that based, I assume you didn't all model that on white paper from scratch.

Very impressive mod. I've driven these roads in real life and I was able to recognize where I was in AC, very cool.

I used the free version for a few hours yesterday and liked it so much, I decided to grab the VIP version. Unfortunately, that's where I ran into my first issue. In content manager, I put the Main mod first as stated, but when I try to enable the VIP mod I get an error message (attached) saying "XX has already been altered by the LA Canyons 1.2 Main" mod. If I enable the mod anyways, it says "Some files are overwritten by "LA Canyons 1.2 - VIP Platinum"

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

P.S. I did a manual install the first time when I was playing the free version (I don't know if that makes a difference).

- Cory

1618295773195.png
1618296923852.png

Last edited:
Very impressive mod. I've driven these roads in real life and I was able to recognize where I was in AC, very cool.

I used the free version for a few hours yesterday and liked it so much, I decided to grab the VIP version. Unfortunately, that's where I ran into my first issue. In content manager, I put the Main mod first as stated, but when I try to enable the VIP mod I get an error message (attached) saying "XX has already been altered by the LA Canyons 1.2 Main" mod. If I enable the mod anyways, it says "Some files are overwritten by "LA Canyons 1.2 - VIP Platinum"

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

P.S. I did a manual install the first time when I was playing the free version (I don't know if that makes a difference).

- Cory

View attachment 464644View attachment 464650
manual installation is your friend :)
you should (i would, and i do) install everything manually to have a bit more control over what's going on.
If you're familiar with your file explorer etc. it's piece of cake

see here for couple hints

manual installation is your friend :)
you should (i would, and i do) install everything manually to have a bit more control over what's going on.
If you're familiar with your file explorer etc. it's piece of cake

see here for couple hints
I removed all of the files and did a fresh (manual) installation but I still cannot use the tracks (sorta). I was messing around this time and found that I can only drive in Practice (I didn't try this last time). If I load the recommended Race or Weekend mode, it just sends me back to the menu when it's done loading. I got the free version to work fine (along with all my other mods), just not the VIP version. I read the instructions carefully, I just don't understand what's going wrong when I try to use the other modes.

I removed all of the files and did a fresh (manual) installation but I still cannot use the tracks (sorta). I was messing around this time and found that I can only drive in Practice (I didn't try this last time). If I load the recommended Race or Weekend mode, it just sends me back to the menu when it's done loading. I got the free version to work fine (along with all my other mods), just not the VIP version. I read the instructions carefully, I just don't understand what's going wrong when I try to use the other modes.
for the 'vip' you need to install the 'free' version first, then install the vip over, which does override couple files in the process (so the order is important)

and also, some layouts don't work in Race mode, due to missing AI lines etc.

Did a 20 hypercar race round here today. Awesome fun in VR. Still got a grin on my face.
Gonna have to do a vid of all the huge crashes I had, some were truly epic!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.