LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
even the last stable version ?
hard to tell...
alternatively you can rename the extension folder for LAC (so you remove automated grass, and lights at night)
and/or the la_canyons.ini in the csp folder here :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

it's not really solving the issue i know, just a workaround to still drive the track

Renamed both of those and still get the error.

Renamed both of those and still get the error.

careful if you have this option checked on, it will download the track config file automatically ^^

1613840807282.png

if it still does crash i have no idea
CSP has so many ways these days

probably better luck asking on their discord !

Just thinking out loud here.
But would it be possible to get the 2way traffic version of the platinum pack
combined with the full free roam map.
I like to drive with the traffic but want to wonder off on the side trips like I can in multiplayer mode.
It's always interesting when you return to the main road at full speed an meet on coming traffic.

Anyone have issues with sessions being recorded on LAC? I have automatic recording set and thought I had a general issue with AC but realized last night when I drove some other track that my recordings worked fine.

Last reliable recordings I have on LAC are back in December. Since then only 1 session recorded on Jan 17th (out of easily dozens upon dozens I've driven for sure - it's my weekend unwind.)

So I'm starting to think it's only LAC. I have to test maybe another layout (I pretty much only drive 2-way traffic) and some other tracks to be sure but is there any clue why this happens (or how to troubleshoot)?

I've gone over, checked and even redone my recording settings in CM, just to be sure but these are settings that worked for the previous year so Idk what's changed.

Help?
thx.

EDIT -

Ok, so this is definitely affecting ONLY the 2-way traffic layout. I have no clue why that would be. Check 2 attachments - list of recordings last 5 days and my 'results' screen clearly showing a bunch of sessions on LAC 2-way.
The LAC normal layout recorded, I checked some online servers and some local tracks, ONLY LAC 2-way will not record.

@Phoenix77 Is there ANYTHING different about 2-way that would do this? Anything to check, look at, tweak?
This is big frustrating because 2-way is about the only thing I run for the last few months and I get some fantastic (would be) footage and I really want to start experimenting with creating some content and this track is what interests me.

Big sad. Please please send help. :(:(:cry::cry:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-22 020532.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 020532.png
    724.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot 2021-02-22 020526.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 020526.png
    471.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Alright, searching these forums isn't working for me.

I just bought platinum, but can't get it working.

I use content manager, and have installed a bunch of mods that way. I followed the install instructions but it then says:

" Enable ‘LA Canyons 1.2 – VIP Platinum’ within your chosen programme ".

No idea how the hell to do that. It's not in content, settings, anywhere I'm looking.

I don't have the full version of content manager. Is that what I would need? (or to install it manually?)

I've got all the files in the tracks folder, and they have the current time stamps on them. But all the icons still have silver or gold medals on them, and when I try to launch I get a windows error, and this:

>"Either race parameters are wrong, or track might be broken, containing no starting positions."

Last edited:
Alright, searching these forums isn't working for me.

I just bought platinum, but can't get it working.

I use content manager, and have installed a bunch of mods that way. I followed the install instructions but it then says:

" Enable ‘LA Canyons 1.2 – VIP Platinum’ within your chosen programme ".

No idea how the hell to do that. It's not in content, settings, anywhere I'm looking.

I don't have the full version of content manager. Is that what I would need? (or to install it manually?)

I've got all the files in the tracks folder, and they have the current time stamps on them. But all the icons still have silver or gold medals on them, and when I try to launch I get a windows error, and this:

>"Either race parameters are wrong, or track might be broken, containing no starting positions."

I would install it manually rather than using content manager, to make sure where the files are, and should be.
Have a look here

Driving LAC online made me fall in love with the track all over again and i recently bought the vip version. Thanks for all the hard work and your commitment to improving this track over such a long time Phoenix77.

I have a question though, how do i select a spawn/pit location? i have checked the in-game menus, looked for an option in content manager and i have searched for configuration files... nothing. I have been searching for an answer online for over 20 minutes now. It's probably so obvious that nobody is bothering to even explain it, but i am stuck. Thanks for your help.

Driving LAC online made me fall in love with the track all over again and i recently bought the vip version. Thanks for all the hard work and your commitment to improving this track over such a long time Phoenix77.

I have a question though, how do i select a spawn/pit location? i have checked the in-game menus, looked for an option in content manager and i have searched for configuration files... nothing. I have been searching for an answer online for over 20 minutes now. It's probably so obvious that nobody is bothering to even explain it, but i am stuck. Thanks for your help.
hmm i don't think you can
the spawn are incremental in numbers when we create them in 3dsmax.
So if you're alone you'll spawn in #0

alternatively but limited, there's also what sort of spawn you pick in practice "start form :" pit, starting line or hotlap

Anyone have issues with sessions being recorded on LAC? I have automatic recording set and thought I had a general issue with AC but realized last night when I drove some other track that my recordings worked fine.

Last reliable recordings I have on LAC are back in December. Since then only 1 session recorded on Jan 17th (out of easily dozens upon dozens I've driven for sure - it's my weekend unwind.)

So I'm starting to think it's only LAC. I have to test maybe another layout (I pretty much only drive 2-way traffic) and some other tracks to be sure but is there any clue why this happens (or how to troubleshoot)?

I've gone over, checked and even redone my recording settings in CM, just to be sure but these are settings that worked for the previous year so Idk what's changed.

Help?
thx.

EDIT -

Ok, so this is definitely affecting ONLY the 2-way traffic layout. I have no clue why that would be. Check 2 attachments - list of recordings last 5 days and my 'results' screen clearly showing a bunch of sessions on LAC 2-way.
The LAC normal layout recorded, I checked some online servers and some local tracks, ONLY LAC 2-way will not record.

@Phoenix77 Is there ANYTHING different about 2-way that would do this? Anything to check, look at, tweak?
This is big frustrating because 2-way is about the only thing I run for the last few months and I get some fantastic (would be) footage and I really want to start experimenting with creating some content and this track is what interests me.

Big sad. Please please send help. :(:(:cry::cry:
two ways has been mentioned few times for being extremely heavy on the system. Taking few minutes to exit for most of us. The length of the ai line might be the reason (that's about 85km of it!)
But i don't think there's much workaround...

I would install it manually rather than using content manager, to make sure where the files are, and should be.
Have a look here

EDIT: ok that did help, i nuked everything and did a verification from steam, which replaced a couple of files.
Then I copied them all in manually.

I tried the two way traffic map, and am now getting "CPU Occupancy > 99%". A forum thread said I should turn the FFB steps skipped to 4.

I don't get it.

I'm not on a great cpu, it's an i5 @ 3.5Ghz, a 1070 GPU, and 16 GB RAM.

Last edited:
I purchased AC on Xbox One ages ago but the game never really clicked with me. But after going back to PC because of VR, I’ve been experimenting with mods and so far LA County looks like it is a whole different game. The open road looks amazing.

but if there is one thing that throws me out of immersion, it is how the shadows from the trees on the mountains sort of pop in suddenly. I am new at this modding thing but I went through the visual settings in AC and CSP, and can’t find a shadow rendering distance. Not from a Google search either.

I have seen a lot of YouTube videos of LACounty but don’t seem to see this effect on those videos. Unless it’s clever editing.

can anyone help?

I purchased AC on Xbox One ages ago but the game never really clicked with me. But after going back to PC because of VR, I’ve been experimenting with mods and so far LA County looks like it is a whole different game. The open road looks amazing.

but if there is one thing that throws me out of immersion, it is how the shadows from the trees on the mountains sort of pop in suddenly. I am new at this modding thing but I went through the visual settings in AC and CSP, and can’t find a shadow rendering distance. Not from a Google search either.

I have seen a lot of YouTube videos of LACounty but don’t seem to see this effect on those videos. Unless it’s clever editing.

can anyone help?
the dropped shadow on the distance has always been broken
objects don't cast shadow very far, you can see that when the sun is lower than the mountain around, yet you still sometimes get rays on the floor

Another thing, you might get more dynamic effects on shadows on trees with the "receiving per vertex shadows" (A2C dithering is more towards noise, so doesn't affect what you are looking for.)
1614866314503.png

Curious then... so what else gets reset when you restart a session?
i know the game isn't supposed to have garbage collection, but CSP does.
So could be interesting to check if it's still heavy when CSP is completely turned off

Last edited:

I am looking at this video and it looks like there are no shadows popping in because there are no shadows to speak of.. so maybe the trick is to set the shadow distance like 2m from the car so you won't render the shadows on those trees? But what about other cars?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 66 57.4%