LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
two ways has been mentioned few times for being extremely heavy on the system. Taking few minutes to exit for most of us. The length of the ai line might be the reason (that's about 85km of it!)
But i don't think there's much workaround...

I'd like to think that's it but it doesn't take a long time to exit for me. It DOES crash sometimes but if it doesn't crash, it exits me pretty smoothly. I'm in VR (odyssey +) if that matters.
Crash or no crash tho, I don't seem to get the replay written. If it IS a resource issue, what resource does it need more of (ie, what's it starving for?) Can I increase IO priority in taskman? Remove a few cpu cores' affinity and increase cpu prio to high? Better if I put it on an SSD or dedicated drive to record (or a fast writing RAID?)

I'm just trying to understand here. If it IS a resource issue, then there's SOME resource to increase or improve, otherwise the issue lies elsewhere and frankly, I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. I got some hella hairy footage (at least I should have) of two way drives and it irritates me that I cannot share it or make produced content out of it.

Lmk if there's some digging I can do to help. Not a coder but I am a sysadmin so I can get my technical hands dirty to an extent if it helps.

@Phoenix77 First of all, let me say this is still, far and away, my favourite ever Assetto track. Phenomenal work. I VIP'd ASAP. Love it! A long time ago I used

Secondly, have you considered undertaking any similar projects? I have a dream of doing my local roads.... Streets of Nürburg. The roads are phenomenal, and I can help provide all the photography, videography and aerials that you might need. I also run the largest Nürburgring fansite/blog and have a huge community who would support this project.

Great work and thanks for your efforts!

@Phoenix77
Secondly, have you considered undertaking any similar projects? I have a dream of doing my local roads.... Streets of Nürburg. The roads are phenomenal, and I can help provide all the photography, videography and aerials that you might need. I also run the largest Nürburgring fansite/blog and have a huge community who would support this project.

Have you looked at his other effort, Pacific Coast? It's based on Highway One, Pacific Coast Highway through Big Sur. My understanding is that he is currently working on V2, using what he learned creating LAC.

Pacific Coast on Race Department

I've recently helped a few people with installs of LA C when they have had .7z files showing as 'Internet Explorer' files (and they've not realised this was the issue). Not sure why this has been but getting them to ensure the downloaded zip is associated with 7z has got them sorted. I wonder whether it's worth mentioning this as I see a few reviews on your download page mention people struggling to install correctly?

I've recently helped a few people with installs of LA C when they have had .7z files showing as 'Internet Explorer' files (and they've not realised this was the issue). Not sure why this has been but getting them to ensure the downloaded zip is associated with 7z has got them sorted. I wonder whether it's worth mentioning this as I see a few reviews on your download page mention people struggling to install correctly?
7z program is mentioned in the main page
but people tend to not read much so who knows :p

And by the way, why 7z : because it's a lot more efficient regarding the size of archive
and with the 500mo limit on RD, it's a nice solution
It's also free and won't have the "trial" popup winzip or winrar might have

Is this HQ texture pack for LA Canyons still a work in progress? Looking forward to that or did I miss it somehwere?
Keep up the good job!

Cheers mate! The High Res Texture Pack (which was going to be a bonus) won't be happening for a number of reasons.
Firstly it's a really un-economical way of doing things (Would make VR melt), secondly there have been people helping themselves to LAC textures (wont mention names... yet), I don't fancy giving them the larger versions, Thirdly while getting Pacific Coast up to spec... There are better ways of doing things... Although for LA Canyons this will mean approx a quarter of a million polys.
lambo_north.jpg

pch_f355.jpg

Anyone else have a problem with 2-way traffic crashing computer? Works fine and is great but when I'm finished and try to exit back to content manager the screen freezes and all I can do is power off the computer which isn't a great solution.

Don't go above 15 AI apponents if using TRACKDAY mode... Autosaving replays may add to this exit time.
If all else fails (while using TRACKDAY).... Use RACE mode instead.

Seeing as Ben's work is so amazing.... He gets his own airline (Caterham colours of course) :D
Well spotted Guido :)

Hey guys, I randomly saw a few parked patrol cars with flashing lights when in Practice but after loading the replay, they disappeared. I also tried going back into Practice and are no longer there. Does anybody know how to bring it back?
The replays should be synced, at least they have been from my testing, but maybe this isn't always the case.

I intermittently get some crashes exiting AC. I mostly play LAC with 2-way traffic with my limited time so not 100% sure (of my limited memory) but I think I have seen it with other tracks as well.

I was debating posting the crash here on RD but if others are asking, see attached and tell me if it's the same.
Sometimes I also get a small dialog box that only has an 'ok' button. Says something like 'unexpected crash' or 'unexpected violation', smth like that.
Click ok and then I get this crash dialog.

Like @monza27 sometimes I have to kill it with task manager but also sometimes focusing the window and hitting alt+f4 kills it.

point of note, I play in VR. Not sure if it's related or not.
Also point, I can go in an out of sessions (change cars, etc) and some will crash and some will not. 'Successful' sessions can come after sessions that had crashed.
CM is not crashing (just AC) and remains open as a constant.

View attachment 440731

So can anyone interpret these errors?

Are they track specific, car specific or is this better posted somewhere else?
thx.

I think it's something to do with LA Canyons large distances involved, and might be a conflict with an app.
Disable all apps... see if you still get it... Then troubleshoot by turning the apps back on, one by one.
I have been informed an app called Pro Tyres has caused conflicts. Probably something to do with Qualifying tyres that are not man enough for the 78 Miles, for an Out/Hot/In lap.

hello, i just bought vip platinum version, it is not working. I have the following message : TRACK NOT FOUND. the free version works but not the vip version.
can you help me ?
TRACK NOT FOUND: error means you've installed, or enabled (in CM... Content/Mods section) the VIP before the main track. Apparently sometimes CM enables mods in a different order. Make sure in CM... Content/Mods section... That the main track is Above any VIP mods. You also need the Full version of CM to have access to this section.
You can alternatively use JSGME Mod Enabler (here on RD)

Just thinking out loud here.
But would it be possible to get the 2way traffic version of the platinum pack
combined with the full free roam map.
I like to drive with the traffic but want to wonder off on the side trips like I can in multiplayer mode.
It's always interesting when you return to the main road at full speed an meet on coming traffic.
It's done the way it's done for a reason,

1) The AI doesn't run up the extra roads
2) Saves resources not loading the VIP objects, including a few million polys for the extra physical roads.
More performance to be available to run more AI.
3) I'd have to explain too many times... Why the AI cars aren't driving up the extra roads :D
4) people would get lost and not drive where the traffic is.

Everything that has been done, has been done for a reason ;)

Anyone have issues with sessions being recorded on LAC? I have automatic recording set and thought I had a general issue with AC but realized last night when I drove some other track that my recordings worked fine.

Last reliable recordings I have on LAC are back in December. Since then only 1 session recorded on Jan 17th (out of easily dozens upon dozens I've driven for sure - it's my weekend unwind.)

So I'm starting to think it's only LAC. I have to test maybe another layout (I pretty much only drive 2-way traffic) and some other tracks to be sure but is there any clue why this happens (or how to troubleshoot)?

I've gone over, checked and even redone my recording settings in CM, just to be sure but these are settings that worked for the previous year so Idk what's changed.

Help?
thx.

EDIT -

Ok, so this is definitely affecting ONLY the 2-way traffic layout. I have no clue why that would be. Check 2 attachments - list of recordings last 5 days and my 'results' screen clearly showing a bunch of sessions on LAC 2-way.
The LAC normal layout recorded, I checked some online servers and some local tracks, ONLY LAC 2-way will not record.

@Phoenix77 Is there ANYTHING different about 2-way that would do this? Anything to check, look at, tweak?
This is big frustrating because 2-way is about the only thing I run for the last few months and I get some fantastic (would be) footage and I really want to start experimenting with creating some content and this track is what interests me.

Big sad. Please please send help. :(:(:cry::cry:

Hi, replays save fine on my system, maybe you need to clear out your replay folder?
Maybe there's a max cap on saved replay folder size in CM?

Cheers for helping people out Bandit,
The need for 7zip is mentioned on the Overview page... But a number of FAQ's are underway covering the most common questions that have clogged up my inbox (mostly where a fair few people haven't read the Install Guide / Layout Guide included, or the many funky things CM/CSP can sometimes do
)
Unfortunately with the mountain of questions I've been getting I can't explain how to use all the external programs/apps. Especially where many of these things keep changing. I've answered a few questions regarding this already in Facebook comments.

Plus real life has been throwing a few... curve balls recently!

Big thanks to @Ben O'Bro and anyone else for helping people in here, cheers dudes!

Have you looked at his other effort, Pacific Coast? It's based on Highway One, Pacific Coast Highway through Big Sur. My understanding is that he is currently working on V2, using what he learned creating LAC.

Pacific Coast on Race Department
Thanks mate, not only using what I've learnt creating LA Canyons, I've learnt a few more things since then :D
Enough to warrant an LA Canyons 2.0 not sure when that might be though.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

The last days i made my first experience with LA C.
First to say - i have the free version 1.2 and running with CSP 1.60 but without CM.

Additionally i installed the "2 way traffic addon". Thats the way i wanna play it.
Everything seems to run fine with the traffic and so on.

The Problem is after some time or a special map point my car just falls through the map.
However this problem do only occure while playing the "2 way traffic" version.
Is something known i can do about that?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

The last days i made my first experience with LA C.
First to say - i have the free version 1.2 and running with CSP 1.60 but without CM.

Additionally i installed the "2 way traffic addon". Thats the way i wanna play it.
Everything seems to run fine with the traffic and so on.

The Problem is after some time or a special map point my car just falls through the map.
However this problem do only occure while playing the "2 way traffic" version.
Is something known i can do about that?

Thanks in advance
most likely you're trying to drive on the secondary roads
and they are not available on the free version
if you stick to the main loop of 42km, all should be fine

Unfortunately I've not had a lot of time for modding recently...
But that hasn't stopped my acquisition of data (including Lidar LAS).
Maybe something for later (probably another year) :D
115mb_of_centrelines.jpg

Cyan = Side Streets Yellow=Avenues/Boulevards Red=Freeways

Over 115mb's just in road centrelines...
This is probably unwise... However, wisdom didn't stop LA Canyons from coming into existence.

Lower end PC's probably won't be able to apply!
And it will likely not fit within Race Departments upload limit.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Phoenix77, post: 3358545]

Hi, replays save fine on my system, maybe you need to clear out your replay folder?
Maybe there's a max cap on saved replay folder size in CM?

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think that were the case but other tracks and even other layouts of LAC have not trouble adding videos to the folder. Even another user's 2 way traffic mod for LAC successfully records the videos so afaict it's something unique/endemic to the official 2way traffic mod only.

most likely you're trying to drive on the secondary roads
and they are not available on the free version
if you stick to the main loop of 42km, all should be fine

Me again. Thank that was definetly the problem here. :thumbsup:

Another stupid question .. does the 1.2 free Version not have functional cameras ? :O_o: Or is it just the 2way traffic, where cameras don`t work?
They are completly buggy, i see landscape only no cars.
I have searched already and found only a 0.2 version of cameras, which actually aren`t working :(
Can someone give me a advise.... Thanks

Another stupid question .. does the 1.2 free Version not have functional cameras ? :O_o: Or is it just the 2way traffic, where cameras don`t work?
I have searched already and found only a 0.2 version of cameras, which actually aren`t working :(
for cameras to work, there need to be an ai line.
And then on top of that, you need to drive the correct way of the ai line otherwise it won't detect your position, and won't change camera etc.

there are tiny icons on layouts i believe, so know if AI / Cam etc. are working or not

hi guys, i dont no where to "enable" the mod on content manager, any help?
try have a look at this tutorial :

i recommend having some basic knowledge of folder structure and files explorer, to know what you're doing :)

and once you watched the video above
see here

I'd like to think that were the case but other tracks and even other layouts of LAC have not trouble adding videos to the folder. Even another user's 2 way traffic mod for LAC successfully records the videos so afaict it's something unique/endemic to the official 2way traffic mod only.
No one else, as far as I know has this problem... They save fine on my system. Strange Issue indeed!
Maybe a setting change somewhere in CM/CSP... Maybe try going back to defaults?
If it saved fine before in CM, and now it doesn't save in CM... That would suggest the issue being somewhere in CM. Or a new addition you're using since when they last recorded fine.

Have you tried temporarily disabling your apps, in case one is conflicting somehow, been using any different mod cars which might be buggy? Although these may work fine on other tracks Two Way Traffic is a 52 mile long AI line, that's way more than AC was originally intended for, and may be exacerbating whatever the issue is that you have.

Also possibly a steam 'verify integrity of game files', not sure that would do anything though,
and that is a last resort option. as you may lose setting etc.

Other than that, I have no idea mate.

At the end of the day, Assetto wasn't made for Bi-directional AI lines, so the fact this even works is pretty surprising to me.

If you're using the 2way Traffic Mod on here, it will have a totally different length AI line, from the line any cameras I, or anyone else has made.... They are sync'ed to switch to the length of each specific AI line, on a layout by layout basis.
Basically if the layout is by anyone else, I don't know what they've done.

Cameras for Two-Way traffic layouts will never work well, with the AI line going in both directions.
If you overtake, and go into the other lane, you're nearer to the AI line going back the other way.
Flicking badly to the cameras timed coming the other way.

As Ben said, you need an AI line to have switchable cameras, so none of the Freeroam/Pursuit layouts have cameras. They just have a single cam file to prevent the game crashing if you press F3[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
you need to drive the correct way of the ai line otherwise it won't detect your position, and won't change camera etc
Just to clarify, you can actually drive in the wrong way, against the AI line, and it will switch fine... You'll just get the wrong way sign (unless turned off with a separate mod), and return to the pits if penalties aren't turned off.

Just to clarify, you can actually drive in the wrong way, against the AI line, and it will switch fine... You'll just get the wrong way sign (unless turned off with a separate mod), and return to the pits if penalties aren't turned off.
Yes i know i can drive both directions as long as i stay on the right side i will not be DQ. I am familiar with that.

The two way mod has AI lines, but as you explained before, the "f3-tv-cam" still doesn´work. Nevermind thanks for the explanation and the great mod of course. :thumbsup:
I will try the normal one way version next time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.