LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is it a server he runs on the same computer he plays?

I know that the server doesn't need all the files.
The surfaces are needed to insure no ''cheating'' with values like road grip for example.
And layout ini files are needed as well.
The rest like kn5 could be skipped.
But that only makes sense if the server is on a different computer/ dedicated server.

I'd say to tell your friend to get the vip already, but from what you say, I'm not sure it'd fix anything!
I could think of checking file integrity with Steam on both games just to make sure it's not other altered files that mess up with the checksum, but meh.

And also try a server with a kunos track to see if that works, that would be a good start

yes the server he runs on is the same computer he plays on.
And yes we have been drifting and such on that server for a couple years now and we can play any map without problems. We tried multiple versions of custom shader patch.
We also both have the full reset from steam and the map runs perfectly on singleplayer for both of us.

What still bothers me is that the server gives a checksum problem for him as well eventhough its legit his files from his game that work in singleplayer

As I said, the server tries to checksum files that your mate don't have. Reason is that you run it from your own server with VIP content. Solution is to generate a server in CM, pack it, unpack somewhere and run from there. Then the server should only have the surfaces.ini file needed from the track and none of the .kn5 files to do checksum against.

As I said, the server tries to checksum files that your mate don't have. Reason is that you run it from your own server with VIP content. Solution is to generate a server in CM, pack it, unpack somewhere and run from there. Then the server should only have the surfaces.ini file needed from the track and none of the .kn5 files to do checksum against.

I am so sorry, but this fixed everything! both my friend and I finally joined without any problem!
Thank you so much for the help and sorry to be a bother!

My PC crashed recently so I had to do a clean install of everything. Installed LA Canyons (free) followed by manually copying over my paid platinum copy of the track. However in Content Manager, it still shows all the paid tracks as locked. I've deleted and reinstalled a couple of times but still encountered the same error. Anyone has any idea what could be the issue? Thanks.

My PC crashed recently so I had to do a clean install of everything. Installed LA Canyons (free) followed by manually copying over my paid platinum copy of the track. However in Content Manager, it still shows all the paid tracks as locked. I've deleted and reinstalled a couple of times but still encountered the same error. Anyone has any idea what could be the issue? Thanks.
if the old previews (locked) are showing, means you didn't unzip the mod at the proper place on your hard drive :)

the track folder is here (by default) :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons

make sure all the kn5 are replaced, as well as the folders etc.

To manually check, the UI icons are here (by default, and one folder for each layout) :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons\ui

I think I have all the settings correct and I know this is still WIP functionality and things are changing all the time but when trying to exit a session on the two-way traffic layout the PC is locking up. Signing out of Windows fixes it so not such a big deal but I was wondering if something specific might be causing it?

Last edited:
if the old previews (locked) are showing, means you didn't unzip the mod at the proper place on your hard drive :)

the track folder is here (by default) :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons

make sure all the kn5 are replaced, as well as the folders etc.

To manually check, the UI icons are here (by default, and one folder for each layout) :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\la_canyons\ui

Thanks!! Managed to fix it.

Thanks a lot Fabian :) The details I put in may be a little limited by the amount of polys I've used to get the terrain looking immersive...
The road and terrain have used up 2.2 million so far.... I will need to optimise that later.
Crash Barriers and Road Signs will be my 1st priority... HR FFB mesh will follow closely after... Then 100,000+ bushes... trees etc later on... Not sure about houses or gas stations... maybe.. maybe not. And I'm not sure I want to polute the landscape with pylons lol

Thanks for the Lap Time details, I'm really interested to know what times people are getting... and in what car...
That's pretty quick mate... I think my fastest lap so far is in an F1 car around 12 minutes... With LOADS of time to knock off that...
I reckon a 10 - 11 minute lap is possible. A lap in the Mazda 787B is pretty fun :)
i really dont understand the guide plz help or make a video before i punch hole in my computer trying to get this to work

i really dont understand the guide plz help or make a video before i punch hole in my computer trying to get this to work
Which part exactly ?
if it's the whole installation, you need to have basic knowledge of folder structure in windows
Also please stop drag & drop things directly in Content Manager, you'll get easily lost of what's going on
The old fashion way is the best way.

Basics : Here's a video tutorial on how to install a mod

LA Canyons 1.2 Install Guide (thanks to the author !)

i think how Phoenix made the ZIP archives, the track folder that goes into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
isn't at the root of the archive, so you need to be careful when unzipping
you need to have (example with default steam folder) :
and all the kn5 etc. should be in there, not further, i that makes sense

(NB: it's clearer if your windows shows the file extension, it helps understand better if what you see is an actual .kn5 file or not, either way, it should look as below - more or less folders if you have vip pack or not)

1623834750688.png

Last edited:
Something to do with the memory use of the traffic AI lane (which is pretty heavy for this track)
i don't know if there is any fixe about this! But it's something to keep in mind when using this layout
I'm finding that instead of trying to exit from a 2-way session directly if I instead select to restart the session and then try and exit then it saves it from crashing out. Or at least right now thats how it is :D

Hi, I upgraded to Platinum back in March, but the Drift Park that should be accessible from Angeles Crest East is missing, there are only large shipping containers, similar to what you might find in a port, but no cones or the expected parking structure. Wondering what is happening... thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I upgraded to Platinum back in March, but the Drift Park that should be accessible from Angeles Crest East is missing, there are only large shipping containers, similar to what you might find in a port, but no cones or the expected parking structure. Wondering what is happening... thanks!
I think Phoenix put it only on some layouts. Try different ones!
It's probably written somewhere I'm not sure

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea