RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I signed up for this event. Probably a good job I didn't as I can't make it. I probably couldn't do the 40 minutes anyway physically due to the war wounds.
Anyway here is my setup treat it as a baseline as it is a hot lap set up.

Oh yeah, Thin Lizzy one of my favourite bands from the 70s with Irish frontman Phil Lynott. A sad loss and a terrible way to go. So many great songs, far far too many to mention. The boys are back in town, being just one. Everyone should have at least one album or the greatest hits if you haven't, you're breaking the law.

Have a fun clean race. May the battles begin.

Attachments

• 2020-03-25_09-13-17_formula_raceroom_3.svm
    7.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I thought I signed up for this event. Probably a good job I didn't as I can't make it. I probably couldn't do the 40 minutes anyway physically due to the war wounds.
Anyway here is my setup treat it as a baseline as it is a hot lap set up.

Oh yeah, Thin Lizzy one of my favourite bands from the 70s with Irish frontman Phil Lynott. A sad loss and a terrible way to go. So many great songs, far far too many to mention. The boys are back in town, being just one. Everyone should have at least one album or the greatest hits if you haven't, you're breaking the law.

Have a fun clean race. May the battles begin.
Thanks for the setup Calvyn! Always a treat to compare to my own. I haven't turned a lap yet with F3 at Bilster, but will certainly give yours a go!

Thanks @Calvyn White, as usual your setup could save me!! I will compare to what I have and learn a lot I'm sure. I really have no idea how to set these cars up but on this track I just tried to keep the tires on the road and not spin coming out of the turns! Get the power down as soon as possible, my mantra for a set up that works. Now I just have to learn how to be patient coming out of turns and ease into the throttle better:D Really sorry you won't be with us but stay safe and get better..

Hi just signed up and joined the premium membership, do I need to install teamspeak to join the races? I Don't have a headset.

Also does the server just show in the list of severs on raceroom, how do I find it?

Look forward to racing soon, please be patient with me I'm still new to this :) sorry for all the questions.

Anyone looking for a different setup to try, this is mine: Fuel should be set to 30 L for the race. That gives you about a 2 liter safety margin.
Try the car with both a full load of fuel and low load. It handles very differently. I use one less gear in a number of areas with a full load, especially coming out of the dip and into the chicane which leads to the back straight. If you hit it right you can stay in 5th gear throughout but with a full load I suggest 4th coming over the last hump of the chicane.

Attachments

• KG_formula_raceroom_3.svm
    7.1 KB · Views: 55
I know its "Summer Time" now, but did the starting hour changed again..? wasnt it at 1.00AM (London/Lisbon)?
It was so much better...., although late in the night , it wasnt sooo that late...:(
David isnt it possible, in the future, to set it back an hour earlier? just asking...:)

I know its "Summer Time" now, but did the starting hour changed again..? wasnt it at 1.00AM (London/Lisbon)?
It was so much better...., although late in the night , it wasnt sooo that late...:(
David isnt it possible, in the future, to set it back an hour earlier? just asking...:)

I wonder if the calendar on the site is not updating as didn't Summer Time begin this past Sunday?

Yeah, I made the same mistake as JP. :whistling:
About the pitstop stuff.
You've got a manual and automatic pit stops. Manual is manual, automatic is probably safer but just as a pain in the ass. It won't slow you down or turn your pit limiter on. It just takes you from the pit entrance line to your pit box and the exit lines and that is it. You control your entry speed and pit limiter and I think the pit limiter on exit.

Drive-thru must be selected from the pit menu window to activate the drive-thru manually. Just like you would select your tyres and adding extra fuel etc. You must turn it on, activate it, turning it green while the pit menu window is open before you enter the pits to serve that drive-thru.
I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but this is how I do it. Especially with the drive-thru. Which I will test again just to make sure I'm not talking a load of bullocks.

Last edited:
Well I went back to analyze what happened in the pit and I entered the pit at exactly 50 kph and it was all fine until I came off the jacks and spun my tires getting going. Even with the Pit Limiter on the spin showed my speed at 56 kph momentarily so I guess that is when it tripped the drive through. I didn't have warnings turned on in my Otter Hub so I didn't see the warning but that's racing.
WARNING: don't come off the jacks and punch it enough that you spin because the speed apparently is measured off the wheel rotation and not on the actual forward progress of the car! :confused: (might have to confirm that with Sector3)
If you wonder how I can see my speed in the replay, even in slow motion, it shows up on the SimHub dash screen (not the actual replay) even in replays. (also shows the lap number, position, and last lap time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back