RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need to increase the power of my computer glasses?:geek: The gauges look a bit fuzzy.
procar_gauges.png

View attachment 357449
Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: BMW M1 Procar
Track: Zandvoort - GP

Saturday 28/03/20
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 16:10 EDT / 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 16:15 EDT / 21:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse Grid to 5 Places

Entry List - 30 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Event Host)
  2. FeltHat
  3. Iguana46
  4. ko41
  5. 2112
  6. David DeGreef
  7. JACE323
  8. Keith_G
  9. thom462
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

UTP#31

Hi Ross, add me please thanks Rusty

:( all my practice went for naught as a missed shift caused a spin on lap one in the 1st race, then same thing on lap 2 going into Tarzan. Second race I tried the hard tires....wish I knew how to drift.

Nice racing from everyone. I am happy that I didn't cause any crashes, although in R1 on exit from turn 1 I helped someone to prevent spin. :roflmao:
From my side: first time driving this car was 2 hours before race, which was also first time driving this track since I think Toca Race Driver 2. :roflmao: Since it was really fun to fight the car for 4 laps I decided to join for this race. In practice I could see that front left is on fire after 2-3 laps and tried to do something with setup about pressure/camber/brake bias. Nothing really helped so got to learning the lines to keep it as cool as possible (that being 105 degrees).

Q: happy that I wasn't last.
R1: Renault corner was killing me all the time, I caught to much curb in lap 1 and spun. Waited for everyone to pass and started chasing guys in front. Caught up with 5min left, manage to pass and then lost it on penultimate lap. Got back to David and thought I had better exit from last turn, but looked like he lifted or run out of fuel... @David DeGreef
R2: After 2 laps I was in train of 5 cars behind Ross, all with 0.5-1sec between for the whole race. I was just sitting behind Ross and KO, as I didn't want to go 3 wide with them. Carlos came behind so my mistake came on time to let him by :rolleyes: for him to try to fight them. That helped let's say, he had contact with KO and I squeezed between them and after that managed to get behind Ross (which for me was a win already). Overtook him and then went into my self destruction mode with another penultimate lap error, losing podium and finishing 4th. But all that with big smile, these cars are super hard and super fun at the same time. Which I read but never tried before. Thanks everyone for great racing. :thumbsup:

Holy baby Jesus......race report to come
@Calvyn White thank you, used some of your setup....didn't have time to mess with gearing, really didn't gel with me changing mid corner in last corner and 2nd gear was a tad aggressive...but good job, will post mine with race report
If there's any credit to be given for the setup it should go to @ko41, not I. I merely changed a few things for style purposes. The core of the set-up was all ko. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Got back to David and thought I had better exit from last turn, but looked like he lifted or run out of fuel... @David DeGreef
I thought I had an unfair advantage with the spin and gained a position so I gave it back. Great racing, finally started feeling comfortable once the tires warmed up a bit. Was happy didn't have any major mistakes and finish.

#R3EHourly.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

There are no sign-ups for these events, all premium members are free to jump in and out whenever they like. Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com - Hourly Rotation
Current Class: GTR 3
Track Rotation: Bathurst / Hungaroring / Shanghai / Zheijiang / Road America

Practice: 20 minutes
Qualifying: 5 minutes

Warmup 1: 2 minutes
Race 1: 15 minutes

Warmup 2: 2 minutes
Race 2: 15 minutes - Full Reverse Grid

Last edited:
Status