Assetto Corsa Competizione with Ferrari, Hungaroring, Custom Weekends and Broadcasting Tools!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!

Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.

If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.

The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!

Here you can read about it all.
Changelog v0.4.0:
  • New Ferrari 488 GT3
  • New Hungaroring circuit
  • Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
  • Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
  • Fixed look around in chase camera
  • Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
  • Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
  • Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
  • Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
  • Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
  • Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
  • Adjustments in cars inertia
  • Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
  • Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
  • Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
  • Fixed wrong car systems during replay
  • Added lap tag in the replay HUD
  • Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
  • Instant replay support for Broadcast app
  • Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
  • Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
  • Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
  • Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
  • Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
  • Added new skins for featured cars
  • Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
  • New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
  • TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
  • Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
  • Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
  • Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
  • Added HUD page for broadcasting
  • Added HUD page with the current timetables
  • Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
  • Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
  • Improved camera fading when switching cameras

ACC-Ferrari 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

it somehow doesn't motivate me to play it apart from when an update comes out. And I don't seem to be the only one who behaves like this...

I didn't even try it when they release new content... now I'm gonna try it in 2 months for the first time... The ffb sucked at my last occasion I hope this time it's gonna be better.
In overall this game doesn't cheer me up, especially that for AC the modding guys are making night mods, amazing cars and tracks...

I think here some do not understand the technical rules of the Unreal engine, ACC may run quite well in the singel monitor mod, but there will be no triple monitor support, as the engine just can not, and there will always be ghosting because of the UE Engine is just bad for such fast applications. The ghosting will get nobody in the grip, because it is not technically possible. The same applies to VR and antialising. Thus, ACC will never be league suitable. You can clearly see it on Steam, ACC is losing more and more users, just because of the above reasons!

Let’s not forget that there will always be much more noise from people having issues than from the one not having issues. Also people not having issues often don’t know why it is working, as it just does.
Agreed. Anecdotally, the results seem to be all over the board. Certainly the first release was rough on my machine, but it worked. Weather seems to be the biggest drain on my system, but that is getting better too.I can run a 20 ai race in the dry at 80+ fps. In the dark wet, mid-50s to high 60s - which is not ideal, but playable. Whatever the opinion on EA performance, I applaud the effort to deliver what I have been clamoring for ever since I played Forza 4 at a friends house on a Logitec wheel - a sim/game dedicated to reality with fidelity to a specific series. I had hoped for WEC or IMSA, but I didn't get a vote - which is OK.

I think here some do not understand the technical rules of the Unreal engine, ACC may run quite well in the singel monitor mod, but there will be no triple monitor support, as the engine just can not, and there will always be ghosting because of the UE Engine is just bad for such fast applications. The ghosting will get nobody in the grip, because it is not technically possible. The same applies to VR and antialising. Thus, ACC will never be league suitable. You can clearly see it on Steam, ACC is losing more and more users, just because of the above reasons!
:cry:
You forgot to say that the FFB will never be good and online will always be laggy.

Totally agree.. Although you can get rid of this at higher FPS. Even if you have 60hz or 75hz monitor, running at 120+ FPS actually solves this, but still... and at lower eye-candies if you don't have the latest and greatest.

Not for me. It's from 0.3.x (I don't remember) that I haven't ghosting.
Gsync, but below (far below) 120+. I'm on 45-55F fps.

:cry:
You forgot to say that the FFB will never be good and online will always be laggy.

On your system, maybe. If other users are not having the same problems, or are even saying that they work well, then it can't be due to some fundamental problem with the sim - it has to be down to individual system performance, hardware or setup. People need to be realistic with their expectations. Those who have an old system with a low power graphics card just need to accept that they'll have to make compromises to get things running at an acceptable level.

I'm running ACC on a single screen at 1440p (6700k, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM), have most settings either epic or high and get smooth, sharp graphics (no blurries or popups) even racing with 20 AI. The only time i get any ghosting is occasionally in playback (none whilst racing) which I can easily live with. FFB with my T300 seems to be working well for me (not perfect yet, but getting closer) and I haven't had a CTD yet. For me, at this point, I'd say that it's at least as good as AC, if not better in some areas. Pretty good for an EA title!

I'm just glad Kunos made this experiment with Unreal Engine on a game that very few people care about anyway, so there's a chance they won't ruin actual Assetto Corsa 2 with same mistakes.

See above! I think plenty of people care about it and are enjoying using it.

Did a few laps with the 488 in Hungary.

Worked nicely for me, but reinforced two nagging points about this game in general:
  • The cars are not different enough from each other to re-create some of what is fun in AC1 for me. In this particular case, the 488's sound is nicely done but it is just so close to the Huracan and the M6. It isn't just limited to GT3, it is limited to GT3 from the same year. In AC1 you can get a very different experience by e.g. hopping into the 458 GT2.
  • I hate hate hate the consoly interface.
  • I want my on-screen display mods.

All the guy’s with bad issues have to understand that some of us have a decent VR experience at this point in ACC and are enjoying the driving. Instead of getting upset, they should try to find a way to get there as well.
Let’s not forget that there will always be much more noise from people having issues than from the one not having issues. Also people not having issues often don’t know why it is working, as it just does.

Yeah... but what he's saying isn't wrong. 90 fps doesn't seem achievable without big compromises. Outside of that, he's just stating his opinion. The VR graphics in ACC are not that great. I'm a huge VR fan, and can totally overlook the lesser graphic quality compared to 2D. But ACC's VR experience is far below the current standard in sim racing. Compared to the other VR enabled titles--R3E, PCars2, and AC, ACC VR is a terrible experience. The only sim it might beat is rF2, and that's only because rF2's graphics are so dated. But clarity-wise, even rF2 blows it away.

That's not to say that ACC is garbage. It's just not a good VR experience at the moment, at least not for most, in terms of meeting expectations. I'm sure, if you want, you can look past the issues. But that's the thing, some people can overlook more than others. It's subjective. But I think we can all agree that Kunos still has a lot of work to do in the VR area. At the moment, as much as I love VR, I consider ACC to be a 2D title for me, and I'm cool with that. My VR only phase seems to have run it's course. If ACC is only good in 2D, I'll be happy with that.

Did a few laps with the 488 in Hungary.

Worked nicely for me, but reinforced two nagging points about this game in general:
  • The cars are not different enough from each other to re-create some of what is fun in AC1 for me. In this particular case, the 488's sound is nicely done but it is just so close to the Huracan and the M6. It isn't just limited to GT3, it is limited to GT3 from the same year. In AC1 you can get a very different experience by e.g. hopping into the 458 GT2.
  • I hate hate hate the consoly interface.
  • I want my on-screen display mods.

You know this is a Blancpain only game? Based on the Endurance and Sprint championships, which feature cars competing in the 2018/2019 season. It's a GT3 championships, with BoP and other rules to even out the cars on a certain level to be a close match, and thereby, offer a highly competitive field of cars.

So, the comparison with the GT2 makes no sense at all, sorry. It's a completely different ballpark.

I do agree with the console interface. I do find the HUD very pleasant actually.

I just try quick race with new car and track in night heavy rain and... the game need some improvement in FPS but definitely it in the right way, i feel good :whistling::whistling:

Last edited:
You know this is a Blancpain only game? Based on the Endurance and Sprint championships, which feature cars competing in the 2018/2019 season. It's a GT3 championships, with BoP and other rules to even out the cars on a certain level to be a close match, and thereby, offer a highly competitive field of cars.

So, the comparison with the GT2 makes no sense at all, sorry. It's a completely different ballpark.

I do agree with the console interface. I do find the HUD very pleasant actually.

Yes, I am aware of the game focus. I was illustrating a bit more why this extremely narrow focus (not just gt3, but one year of a specific gt3 series) can create an enjoyment problem. The cars now in ACC have pretty much burned themselves into my ears with their very similar characteristics. Sure the engine revving sounds a bit different, but all the other clunks and other noises are almost identical.

In AC1 I don't have to wander far to get a different experience. Just gt3 of slightly different years would do.

No question that this will be good for competitive play. However, there seem to be many hotlappers out there. And I am not sure that Kunos can actually beat other games for competitive direct play.

The HUD is surprisingly functional for a factory HUD. However, it comes out way too big on my 4k 40" monitor.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back