Assetto Corsa Competizione with Ferrari, Hungaroring, Custom Weekends and Broadcasting Tools!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!

Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.

If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.

The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!

Here you can read about it all.
Changelog v0.4.0:
  • New Ferrari 488 GT3
  • New Hungaroring circuit
  • Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
  • Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
  • Fixed look around in chase camera
  • Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
  • Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
  • Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
  • Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
  • Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
  • Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
  • Adjustments in cars inertia
  • Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
  • Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
  • Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
  • Fixed wrong car systems during replay
  • Added lap tag in the replay HUD
  • Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
  • Instant replay support for Broadcast app
  • Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
  • Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
  • Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
  • Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
  • Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
  • Added new skins for featured cars
  • Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
  • New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
  • TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
  • Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
  • Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
  • Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
  • Added HUD page for broadcasting
  • Added HUD page with the current timetables
  • Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
  • Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
  • Improved camera fading when switching cameras

ACC-Ferrari 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

So, I've been playing it since 0.1 and neve posted my 2 cents, so here it goes:

• Force feedback feels much better now than it did on 0.1.
  • Ferrari feels delicious.
  • I'm probably crazy but I really like using the helmet camera.
  • BMW and Bentley have really low seating positions and I can't see **** without adjusting height. I wonder if real cars are like that too.
  • I can't figure out why is it not possible to adjust the front splitter on the Bentley. 0 is the only option.
  • Blurry AA doesn't bother me, looks nice with 30% sharpness
  • Performance is very decent on i5 8400 + gtx 1070 @ 2560x1080
  • The kerb inside turn 3 in Hungaroring never killed me in any F1 game or sim, but it sometimes does in ACC.

Last edited:
upload_2018-12-19_13-1-0.png

Hmm... the player trend is not so good. I would have expected better than 1k people to try the latest release, but less than 900 people chose to do so on release day. Even with multiplayer racing available now, ACC in Early Access is struggling to have a player count above AMS, which means there's essentially no multiplayer activity.

Are early adopters merely waiting for the finished product rather than checking progress? Were people not encouraged to check the progress because they dislike Hungagoring or the fps? Is it just because of annual Christmas season slump? Is the possible player base just too fickle and had different expectations?

View attachment 282175
Hmm... the player trend is not so good. I would have expected better than 1k people to try the latest release, but less than 900 people chose to do so on release day. Even with multiplayer racing available now, ACC in Early Access is struggling to have a player count above AMS, which means there's essentially no multiplayer activity.

Are early adopters merely waiting for the finished product rather than checking progress? Were people not encouraged to check the progress because they dislike Hungagoring or the fps? Is it just because of annual Christmas season slump? Is the possible player base just too fickle and had different expectations?
Can't answer for anyone else, but I bought this on day one, haven't used it since as I'm waiting for full release.

View attachment 282175

Christmas makes for huge dips in game playing activity.

I wouldn't say Hungaroring as such is a problem. The potential problem is that few people know that track. I estimate it would be a lot better for preview multiplayer attendance if they would use tracks that were stock tracks in AC1.

the player trend is not so good
It is not very high but somehow it is to be expected from a game featuring one series of cars and one series of track.
Even though GT3 is as popular as it gets, we cannot expect so many people to all want to race GT3, even if they are the most accurate and if the SIM is the most beautiful ever. That ACC seems so far to need more powerful hardware than other SIM is not going to help have high popularity.
After launch we will see we’re the dust settle, but expecting high numbers seems overly optimistic

Grand prix legends has never been popular.
Richard burns rally has never been popular.
Netkar pro has never been popular..
I suggest to kunos team to reorient the game into a big open world simulation under max max licence instead of blanc pain gt3. It would be then crazy popular.
Or kunos can forget to make money and keep on concentrating on crazy simracer fan like me.

The number of players doesn’t seem unreasonable to me, it’s a niche game in early access within the already niche world of sim racing (with some demanding expectations from many of us too). No idea how accurate SteamSpy is but that suggests overall ACC sales are more than 10x the peak number of players.

I played all the special events, tried the new car on the other tracks and previous cars on the new track. Played with the wheel settings, saw how the new ratings were working, altered VR graphics and weather settings to see how I could get the best from what we’ve got so far. All in all about 6 hours of play, not much else to do after that. I suspect others have reached a similar point with this build. I’ve already had more hours entertainment than from several Steam sales purchases.

Also it seems to me the sim market offers a wider choice than ever before but I’m not aware of racing attracting a large number of new players, that could mean we’re more fragmented across games than before.

I agree with the comments about the need for a high end pc being an entry barrier too, the cost of the game is inconsequential versus the pc needed to run it especially if that’s also with a decent wheel etc.

The number of players doesn’t seem unreasonable to me, it’s a niche game in early access within the already niche world of sim racing (with some demanding expectations from many of us too).
That part matches my thoughts on the continuing player usage, but doesn't account for the falloff in current release compared to prior release dates.
Aug 31: 1836 players, initial release
Oct 9: 2109 players, 2nd release
Nov 13: 1668 players, 3rd release
Dec 12: 851 players, 4th release, multiplayer is useable in competition, yet peak player count is down 49% from previous release that allowed multiplayer only for practice?!?

Because AC even in early access was fun to play, whereas ACC as it is, just isn't, well not for me anyway, so you pick it up after a patch, try it, see there's just too much basic stuff still missing, close it down and go play something else instead, at least that's what I do. Now I don't even load it up after a patch, I just read the forums, see there's a new car and a track I probably have no real love for, see the basic stuff is still missing , and then go play warframe or another race sim instead.

yet peak player count is down 49% from previous release that allowed multiplayer only for practice?!?
Probably because many players have now realized that better graphics, rain and night come with a price, which is their average rig was good enough for the previous generation graphic but is not cutting it at this stage of optimization.
They can hope it will be optimized or they can upgrade their aging hardware.
I have upgraded mine in anticipation as I was already a little tight with previous gen. I am glad I did as I am getting fond of ACC and would not be able to run it without the upgrade.

Because AC even in early access was fun to play, whereas ACC as it is, just isn't, well not for me anyway, so you pick it up after a patch, try it, see there's just too much basic stuff still missing, close it down and go play something else instead, at least that's what I do. Now I don't even load it up after a patch, I just read the forums, see there's a new car and a track I probably have no real love for, see the basic stuff is still missing , and then go play warframe or another race sim instead.

Talking about basic stuff missing, AC when early access was released had no AI or multiplayer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%