Assetto Corsa Competizione with Ferrari, Hungaroring, Custom Weekends and Broadcasting Tools!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!

Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.

If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.

The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!

Here you can read about it all.
Changelog v0.4.0:
  • New Ferrari 488 GT3
  • New Hungaroring circuit
  • Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
  • Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
  • Fixed look around in chase camera
  • Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
  • Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
  • Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
  • Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
  • Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
  • Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
  • Adjustments in cars inertia
  • Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
  • Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
  • Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
  • Fixed wrong car systems during replay
  • Added lap tag in the replay HUD
  • Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
  • Instant replay support for Broadcast app
  • Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
  • Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
  • Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
  • Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
  • Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
  • Added new skins for featured cars
  • Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
  • New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
  • TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
  • Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
  • Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
  • Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
  • Added HUD page for broadcasting
  • Added HUD page with the current timetables
  • Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
  • Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
  • Improved camera fading when switching cameras

ACC-Ferrari 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Come on. I has been sarcastic. I think ACC is the next generation racing Sim. At the current status it is already on the top spot.

You have my apologies for misinterpreting your comment! It's just that I've been finding it frustrating to read comments from some people about how bad they think ACC is and the blame being laid squarely at Kunos' door when the problem is often more likely to be with their system. Is ACC perfect? No, but then it's still some way from being the release version. Does it show great promise? Yes! I think that very few (if any) of us will be able to run a night race in the rain with the maximum number of AI at 4K with all settings on epic and get high FPS. It's all about being realistic and managing expectations, which is what some people seem to struggle with.

• Deleted member 241736

More taste of EA 4:
Huuuge AA in spite of „epic“??? Whats wrong
I‘m on 1060/6gb, i7

Back in the day i paid 13€ (ended up with over 100€ for all DLCs but thats another story) for AC in the first EA sale but didn't touch the game for 1,5 years. In the end i got an awesome simulation i would be willing to spend 60€ on. ROI after 1,5 years: 400%. Hell of an investment. And while i think i won't touch ACC for quite some time as well, i am sure in the end it will be the same.
What??? You missed all the fun arguing and shitposting and ytaking placebos in those days??? :p

You have my apologies for misinterpreting your comment! It's just that I've been finding it frustrating to read comments from some people about how bad they think ACC is and the blame being laid squarely at Kunos' door when the problem is often more likely to be with their system. Is ACC perfect? No, but then it's still some way from being the release version. Does it show great promise? Yes! I think that very few (if any) of us will be able to run a night race in the rain with the maximum number of AI at 4K with all settings on epic and get high FPS. It's all about being realistic and managing expectations, which is what some people seem to struggle with.
NP. I did understand.
I have the same feeling. There a lot people here at Racedeparmente fórum just to express their frustrations and spread hate. This is not critical analysis nor constructivism .
At least at this development dedicated fórum. I don't follow the others.

Enjoying the 488 and Hungaroring, certainly some superb feedback through the wheel now (much improved from first release) that relays what the car is doing well on the TX458 wheel.

I like the VR too, I think it looks on par with other similar games and I’m not seeing the blur others are talking about and I’m sticking to 45fps ASW with Supersampling turned up, certainly playable enough for me though I’ve only been hotlapping with the latest patch so maybe that is with lots of other cars on track.

I like the way the tyres get hot in that 30m hotstint event in the 488 at the Hungaroring, it’s easy to feel the tyres getting greasy as they overheat if pushed too hard. These events have added quite a bit more ‘game’ and reasons to play which is good imo - shame the leaderboards seem to be offline again after the latest patch they add a lot to the experience.

I’m still way over-driving the cars according to the driver feedback which I’m finding useful so I need to work on that. The strange low speed spins with the inside front tyre on the kerb are the only slight oddity in the handling.

Overall I’d say the game is performing better than I expected at this stage.

Really happy with this build and ACC so far. I'm really liking the 488 handling characteristics, at almost Max DF the car is still very playful on the edge, mind you I try not to use TC unless absolutely necessary. A little upset at how egregious the cutting is on the chicane but that's another matter.

Does anyone have the same gfx card as me and monitor. I'm asking because the last set of Nvidia drivers rendered my display unuseable due to driver programming errors with my monitor model specifically.

Oculus VR users have you experienced this in the latest build - the On Screen Display, race position, time, dials etc appearing twice once in the car (scalable with the Ctrl and direction keys) but repeated ‘in’ the HMD so that when I move my head the OSD display moves with me. It’s a strange one. I’ve looked to see if I’ve clicked something by mistake but can’t find any way to turn off the repeated HMD duplicates. Turning off the OSD in the option turns both sets off.

Oculus VR users have you experienced this in the latest build - the On Screen Display, race position, time, dials etc appearing twice once in the car (scalable with the Ctrl and direction keys) but repeated ‘in’ the HMD so that when I move my head the OSD display moves with me. It’s a strange one. I’ve looked to see if I’ve clicked something by mistake but can’t find any way to turn off the repeated HMD duplicates. Turning off the OSD in the option turns both sets off.

I have not experienced this.....yet.

Althoug ACC is far more technologically advanced regarding graphics, i have zero immersion and illusion of photorealism. Everything seems cartoonish, with no depth. Simply wrong.
In AC, often graphics making me feeling like i am indeed in a car.
I really don't like unreal engine so far.

? Yes I noticed this, if I look to the upper left of the rift , it's there, but I must say everything else has improved a lot in VR since the last release, I can now enjoy the sim on a regular basis; although the helmet cam is not ready for VR yet imho

This happens to me when I turn some widgets in HUD options off. If everything is enabled, the duplicated layer goes away. (You can try to restart the game after changing the options, to be sure.)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back