The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!
Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.
If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.
The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!
Here you can read about it all.
- New Ferrari 488 GT3
- New Hungaroring circuit
- Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
- Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
- Fixed look around in chase camera
- Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
- Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
- Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
- Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
- Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
- Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
- Adjustments in cars inertia
- Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
- Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
- Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
- Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
- Fixed wrong car systems during replay
- Added lap tag in the replay HUD
- Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
- Instant replay support for Broadcast app
- Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
- Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
- Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
- Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
- Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
- Added new skins for featured cars
- Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
- New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
- New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
- CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
- CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
- TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
- Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
- Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
- Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
- Added HUD page for broadcasting
- Added HUD page with the current timetables
- Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
- Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
- Improved camera fading when switching cameras
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.
To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.
Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!