Assetto Corsa Competizione with Ferrari, Hungaroring, Custom Weekends and Broadcasting Tools!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!

Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.

If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.

The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!

Here you can read about it all.
Changelog v0.4.0:
  • New Ferrari 488 GT3
  • New Hungaroring circuit
  • Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
  • Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
  • Fixed look around in chase camera
  • Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
  • Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
  • Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
  • Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
  • Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
  • Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
  • Adjustments in cars inertia
  • Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
  • Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
  • Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
  • Fixed wrong car systems during replay
  • Added lap tag in the replay HUD
  • Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
  • Instant replay support for Broadcast app
  • Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
  • Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
  • Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
  • Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
  • Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
  • Added new skins for featured cars
  • Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
  • New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
  • TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
  • Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
  • Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
  • Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
  • Added HUD page for broadcasting
  • Added HUD page with the current timetables
  • Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
  • Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
  • Improved camera fading when switching cameras

ACC-Ferrari 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

On your system, maybe. If other users are not having the same problems, or are even saying that they work well, then it can't be due to some fundamental problem with the sim - it has to be down to individual system performance, hardware or setup. People need to be realistic with their expectations. Those who have an old system with a low power graphics card just need to accept that they'll have to make compromises to get things running at an acceptable level.

I'm running ACC on a single screen at 1440p (6700k, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM), have most settings either epic or high and get smooth, sharp graphics (no blurries or popups) even racing with 20 AI. The only time i get any ghosting is occasionally in playback (none whilst racing) which I can easily live with. FFB with my T300 seems to be working well for me (not perfect yet, but getting closer) and I haven't had a CTD yet. For me, at this point, I'd say that it's at least as good as AC, if not better in some areas. Pretty good for an EA title!

See above! I think plenty of people care about it and are enjoying using it.
Come on. I has been sarcastic. I think ACC is the next generation racing Sim. At the current status it is already on the top spot.
People complain about FFB because they are accustomed from other titles to fell effects on the wheel that you can't fell in a real car.
ACC at the current status run very smooth on my system, i7 7700k, 1050 ti oc , ssd m.2 and 1080p 60 MHZ single monitor. Solid 50-60 FPS with 20 ai and almost every display settings on epic and high. It runs even better with raining weather.
Ghost effect by now almost imperceptible at tv view replays, from cockpit view it never been an issue to me, never see it.
Physics, the cars mechanics / aero fidelity the FFB the sound, it's another level of immersion. Features and fine tuning are coming with time.
I think Kunos is the most talented developer in the field. And their goal is to make the most fidelity simulation possible now. They had always listened the simracing community. If you followed the AC development you must remember that people was asking for some missing thing like weather, day night cycle, MP features, broadcasting, car ignition simulation, etc.

ACC, if everything goes right, will be the trampoline for next AC stage.

People are complaining about everything, even some ridiculous things, and miss to understand this at early access stage, mostly because they want it all and now.

Now the bad guy is the UE. I must confess that when they announce it as the choose engine I was a little septic, but now I'm very happy, the visuals are very good, especially the atmospheric and lightning.
UE will be updated for new and better versions as time goes by.

he is wrong.
i get 90fps in MP, race with 20 AI day and night. almost all maxed out and SS150%. SOME compromises is needed in race with 20AI at night with heavy rain
Just interested in your system specs and which settings you're running on this sim.

I'm forever tweaking as during a clear day with 20 AI I'm fine, but as soon as it's raining or night racing i get FPS issues.

Guess I'm just searching for the sweet spot to be able to race in any condition with the best I can manage with my system.
I have an i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz, 8GB, GTX1070 on a 60hz Samsung HDTV at 1080p

• Deleted member 241736

ACC at the current status run very smooth on my system, i7 7700k, 1050 ti oc , ssd m.2 and 1080p 60 MHZ single monitor. Solid 50-60 FPS with 20 ai and almost every display settings on epic and high. It runs even better with raining weather.
y.
fake information! Don‘t copy Mr. Trump. A 1050 Ti and i7 can‘t show that

Any ideas to why my view looks so blurry in the horizon, inside the car it is not so bad, however in the horizon, it does not have the slightest sharpness of the picture of regular Assetto Corsa has for me. Im literally running it on the highest possible settings, i also tried tweaking some of the options, but no luck. All of the screenshots i have seen out of sim is looking very sharp, very good, yet it feels like im driving in an entirely different simulation... This is really putting me off...

Edit: Not VR - A regular 22" 1080p Monitor...

Yes, I am aware of the game focus. I was illustrating a bit more why this extremely narrow focus (not just gt3, but one year of a specific gt3 series) can create an enjoyment problem. The cars now in ACC have pretty much burned themselves into my ears with their very similar characteristics. Sure the engine revving sounds a bit different, but all the other clunks and other noises are almost identical.

In AC1 I don't have to wander far to get a different experience. Just gt3 of slightly different years would do.

No question that this will be good for competitive play. However, there seem to be many hotlappers out there. And I am not sure that Kunos can actually beat other games for competitive direct play.

The HUD is surprisingly functional for a factory HUD. However, it comes out way too big on my 4k 40" monitor.

You are comparing apples and oranges. AC is a driving-simulator where you can drive/race alot of cars on alot different tracks and this ist fine and fun. What AC isn't, is an accurate simulation of a single racing series to the smallest detail. That is what ACC is, if you don't like that let it go, you can't criticize an officially licensed "Blancpain-Series" game for simulating the llicensed series.

Tried this again last night in VR.

Previously struggled to hold 45fps with asw locked, on a 2080 and i7700k.

Last night was holding 90fps really well, and had an excellent time, the pit stops are very cool in VR.

Not sure if it was just the patch or the following I'd done recently.

Disabled windows 10 game mode via regedit
Disabled prefetch via regedit
Overclocked ram from 2133 to 2400
Updated to latest graphics drivers.

Incredibly impressed to be honest, have previously been really disappointed but now I'm quite optimistic this could be quite an excellent package.

Cheers.

Edit - just to add this was with ultra AA and 150 VR pixels.

Ah ok, sorry I assumed you might have a NVIDIA product. But there should be a similar option there I would think.

Yes there is, but there is no setting in AMD Panel for an application to let control it. There is an overall setting for a texture quality e.g. standard, performance, quality.

Last edited:
fake information! Don‘t copy Mr. Trump. A 1050 Ti and i7 can‘t show that
:D
I am not here to fool anyone. I am only here to sell my produt.
Ok, during race start it can go down to 40 FPS when cars are very close. But after a couple of corner all good.
If I OC cpu to 4.7 GHz, it runs more 3-4 fps, the GPU went to 1455MHz when gaming.
Forgot to say that my config have 16 Gb ram and ACC is running on temporal AA epic, shadows high, effects high.

Some days ago I instaled Star Citizen on my 1GB SDD, and it was unplayble online best I could get was about 20 FPS. After that tryed it on the M.2 and could get solid 40 FPS online with the same setting, med or high , cant recall.
So you can see hardware can do a lot of difference experience. Other thing very important is that you must have your PC clean as possible.

Last edited:
:D
Some days ago I instaled Star Citizen on my 1GB SDD, and it was unplayble online best I could get was about 20 FPS. After that tryed it on the M.2 and could get solid 40 FPS online with the same setting, med or high , cant recall.

The type of disc, especially SATA or M.2 SSD has 0% FPS impact. M.2 offers faster sequential transfer rates, which are only relevant when copying large files, not when gaming.

Wow, ok thanks for that. I'm lagging a little behind on the performance stakes I think.
I do think I'm running Shadows on Epic though so will turn those down asap.

Does anyone know if sharpness has a large performance hit or can you lower AA if you increase sharpness?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back