Assetto Corsa Competizione with Ferrari, Hungaroring, Custom Weekends and Broadcasting Tools!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!

Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.

If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.

The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!

Here you can read about it all.
Changelog v0.4.0:
  • New Ferrari 488 GT3
  • New Hungaroring circuit
  • Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
  • Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
  • Fixed look around in chase camera
  • Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
  • Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
  • Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
  • Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
  • Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
  • Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
  • Adjustments in cars inertia
  • Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
  • Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
  • Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
  • Fixed wrong car systems during replay
  • Added lap tag in the replay HUD
  • Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
  • Instant replay support for Broadcast app
  • Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
  • Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
  • Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
  • Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
  • Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
  • Added new skins for featured cars
  • Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
  • New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
  • TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
  • Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
  • Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
  • Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
  • Added HUD page for broadcasting
  • Added HUD page with the current timetables
  • Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
  • Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
  • Improved camera fading when switching cameras

ACC-Ferrari 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

After driving for a few hours today, I am of the opinion that VR as been improved to the point that, in my set up, I do not need the engine.ini tweaks anymore, to have a very good VR experience.
Lock to Horizon works as intended.
I am a very happy VR ACC camper.
My only grief is that the LOD needs to be improve, when following cars in traffic, they change appearance and it is not good for the immersion.

It's blurry as hell and runs between 30 (rain+AI) and 45 fps (hotlap+dry) with my RTX 2080

Really?, :confused:, are you sure you do not have a 1070 with a 2080 sticker, :p, I have a mere 1080ti in VR and I get better performance than you.:D

From Ferrari UK Club

To enable Challenge drivers to tailor the car’s handling to their driving style to an even higher degree, the vehicle control functions (traction and braking) are now governed independently thanks to the adoption of three manettinos. One is dedicated just to braking, while the other two, set either side of the steering wheel, govern the traction control and electronic differential.

These two manettinos regulate the two phases of traction control, meaning they work independently on when and how the intervention activation occurs. The right-hand manettino (TC1) governs ‘when’, in other words the point of intervention under acceleration. The left-hand one (TC2) instead governs ‘how’, controlling the degree of intensity of torque reduction as it senses the rear wheels spin.

I don't know... I've played ACC for a while now and somehow it doesn't feel finished in any way. I know it's only halfway through the Steam Early Access process but regarding the driving itself the initial AC felt better since its first Steam release. There are so many strange things like that strange blue shade I remember from Gravel which also used UE4. I'm not saying that it's unplayable but it somehow doesn't motivate me to play it apart from when an update comes out. And I don't seem to be the only one who behaves like this...

Had some great races with the Ai too bad about the games current presentation. The game is blurry in vr, i cranked up TA to epic, pixel density does nothing in game but through the Oculus debug it works OK & helps but even at 1.8 & 200% sharpness it is still more blurry than any other sim including pcars 2 at launch. Sound still requires manually setting through windows, still buggy HUD with messages floating doubled & glitchy grey box stuck in top right of vision.
Lod on the other cars is poor.
I'm struggling with performance titanxp 7700k & getting more than 10 cars visually on screen with as sharp as possible.
Think i will stick to r3e & ac for now till it improves.

Two words : EARLY ACCESS
You paid peanuts for it plus get to play as the game develops, and will be getting the full version upon release.
Most developers only offer a pre-order at full price, so this is a rarity in the sim racing world (other than KartKraft).
If it sucks after that, then you have a right to complain, until then just deal with it.

Totally agree, but in the other hand, we MUST/NEED and have the right to give some feedback to the Devs about it. Even if we have paid 3 or 4 peanuts for the game!!

Last edited:
This laser scanned Hungaroring is fantastic, my favorite track yet in ACC !
The ferrari feels amazing too and great engine sound.
The game runs real fine for me on a simple 27'144hz screen, still some random fps drops and a few fatal crash though.

The delta to fastest lap is still not accurate, its says same time as fastest lap but laptime is 0.2 sec slower. It updates inconsistently, im clearly slower on an exit but it takes time to move on from +-0.00 (since build1)

Turned off the ffb after 5-10 laps, still feels sluggish and gives delayed feedback. Im clearly faster when i do the time trial event with 0 ffb. Braking seems incredible easy, you just slam that thing 100% and thats how you stop the car the fastest, not much feel needed. Maybe thats just how gt3 is ...
1:43.9 with default safe setup so far, not feeling the urge to grind this game hardcore.

Last edited:
Totally agree, but in the other hand, we MUST/NEED and have the right to give some feedback to the Devs about it. Even if we have paid 3 or 4 peanuts for the game!!

Giving feedback is great and i'm sure the developers appreciate it, but people moaning constantly about performance and features that are not in an early access game that is half way through its initial development cycle, on a totally different engine than they are used to is just ridiculous.

My 2 cents as follows, Performance has improved was getting around 60 now around 90, replays are better too although textures are still blurry in replays. The Physics seem better too, car moves around more which gives you more visual feedback when driving on the limit:cool:

Ferrari drives and sounds very nice. It does feel like driving on-a-point, though, right underneath the center-point of the car, and it feels too easy to either oversteer or flick out the back-end.

In general cornering feels like much more understeer than I would expect. The slip angle is sharp, so you can use that information, but it feels like it's reaching that slip angle much too soon.

The FFB is very nice except for limited grip-loss feeling. I'm always thinking I have more grip than I do and then I just understeer through corners.

I have a feel practice will get me used to it but I'm not sure if I'm getting used to something that's correct or not.

Still, actually, as a whole the game is coming along nicely. I reset my profile and set everything back up and at defaults it doesn't look half bad at the latest track.

I have higher hopes now than I did for the previous releases.

Here's hoping they haven't closed the door to modding as that will really be the key to ACC's success.

Last edited:
Giving feedback is great and i'm sure the developers appreciate it, but people moaning constantly about performance and features that are not in an early access game that is half way through its initial development cycle, on a totally different engine than they are used to is just ridiculous.
I disagree. If you don’t register your complaint now, a missing feature will remain missing. Sorry but that’s how business works. I want triple support, so I’m not just going to wait and see if they ever introduce it. I’m going to complain that’s not there and raise as much awareness about it as possible. If Kunos is targeting sim racers and triple screen, they will get the message to get it done sooner. If they are targeting console and casual gamers, then it will at least make them consider it. The fact they have given us early access is to get as much feedback as possible from the user base. And I’m so doing get a feel for what’s important. If nobody complains about performance, why would they priorities it above eye candy?
I paid for early access, I can well give my feedback in the way I believe it’s most valuable.
It’s up to Kunos to either ignore it or take it onboard.
I have respect for their decision making: its their product, it’s their business. I am not going to insult anyone in the process, but I think they need to know that to evaluate this game properly, VR and triple screen are very important, if not essential in certain respects.

I'm not sure why you rated it as a disagree then.
My point was directed towards the whiners who just make comments like "it suxxors" without giving specifics, not ones who actually give informative feedback/constructive criticism back to Kunos.

So I tested out Hungaroring, my home circuit. It is pretty much on point, except a few things. The tribunes are very poorly detailed, they are wrong on so many levels. I would like to see more detailed tribunes in the next updates. My second complain is that the big display screens are all wrongly placed unfortunately. I don't know who designed it, but those should be at their real life locations. One big positive feedback is the track surface and grass textures, which are almost on point with real life. Another one is the very detailed podium. Aside from some minor issues (sound stuck in loop until I paused the game, minor freezes in the menus) I'm happy to see this game growing every month.

leave some breathing room for the gpu, lock the FPS at minus 10-15 FPS from what your gpu can average or lower some settings
I've tried locking FPS to what I average but I get crazy tearing. V-sync is the only way for me to get smooth frames on any SIM. This topic always interests me as the idea of people driving with low settings at 120fps on 60hz monitors without v-sync makes me wonder how they deal with the tearing. If at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back