Assetto Corsa Competizione with Ferrari, Hungaroring, Custom Weekends and Broadcasting Tools!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!

Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.

If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.

The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!

Here you can read about it all.
Changelog v0.4.0:
  • New Ferrari 488 GT3
  • New Hungaroring circuit
  • Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
  • Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
  • Fixed look around in chase camera
  • Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
  • Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
  • Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
  • Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
  • Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
  • Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
  • Adjustments in cars inertia
  • Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
  • Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
  • Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
  • Fixed wrong car systems during replay
  • Added lap tag in the replay HUD
  • Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
  • Instant replay support for Broadcast app
  • Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
  • Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
  • Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
  • Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
  • Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
  • Added new skins for featured cars
  • Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
  • New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
  • TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
  • Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
  • Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
  • Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
  • Added HUD page for broadcasting
  • Added HUD page with the current timetables
  • Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
  • Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
  • Improved camera fading when switching cameras

ACC-Ferrari 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm not a fan of AC/ ACC however I support every simulation. I have read the comments above, and I have no problem running ACC smoothly on High/ Epic settings both day and night at 60+ FPS with all weather thrown at it. Not a Guru at all, and I run it on an HP computer with 16 memory, and a 1070 Nvidia card viewing on a 40 inch Visio television. With 20 AI, I have great looking graphics no matter what time of day and with all weather settings. Sidebar: I have been sim racing for 15 years, and hear people putting down TV's as monitors due to lag. I don't see lag nowadays, and I'll take a big monitor over triple screens regardless of their size. My TV is crystal clear, and I just do "Look Left/ Right" with buttons on the wheel versus TrackIR, or Oculus which I also have. Jack :)

This topic always interests me as the idea of people driving with low settings at 120fps on 60hz monitors without v-sync makes me wonder how they deal with the tearing. If at all.
You shouldn't really get much visible tearing if you're able to keep solid 120 fps on a 60Hz monitor. The image obviously still tears without vsync, but the tear should be near invisible (and based on my experience, it is, even though I'd say I'm quite sensitive to tearing). It's only if you drop below those 120 fps that tearing starts to be more and more visible.

Loving the latest update. Hungaroring goes way back to the F1GP days. Still waiting on TrackIR integration though, so it's a case of play 10 mins then go do something else more interesting (looking straight out the front screen gets boring real quickly, especially with the terrible resolution in the real mirrors that are actually visible from straight ahead in the car).Game runs beautifully other than the (as now expected) awful ghosting (that every other game does too now). Plenty potential, but right now, It's a huge step back from what we had before, simpy down to new tech limitations and non-integration of things that should be in there.

Casually scanning over the first two pages of this thread it seems that half the comments posted would much, much better be placed as bug reports / support tickets over in the official ACC Kunos forum so that at least:
- Kunos staff will definitely get a report including log files about individual bugs
- users who report these issues receive some sort of feedback and in some cases even though this is still Early Access even fixes or workarounds

Reporting these issues here really serves no purpose.
I didn't have a chance yet to test 0.4 but I am looking forward to do so running the BMW M6 GT3 around Hungaroring (I will never ever put myself in a Ferrari).

Back in the day i paid 13€ (ended up with over 100€ for all DLCs but thats another story) for AC in the first EA sale but didn't touch the game for 1,5 years. In the end i got an awesome simulation i would be willing to spend 60€ on. ROI after 1,5 years: 400%. Hell of an investment. And while i think i won't touch ACC for quite some time as well, i am sure in the end it will be the same.

Hi there chaps,

been at the Ferraris helm yesterday and did a few laps, then a quick race against the AI. Overall the Ferrari suits me the best of all GT3 cars so far. Really like the handling. Looking forward to the Honda NSX now. :) Not sure I like Hungaroring or not. Have to train more, that's for sure!

Few things I noticed, not sure it has been addressed so far (if so, sorry):
  • When I just slightly bump into the AI from behind, e.g. AI braking mid corner, me too close, slight nudge, I immediately spin. Feels totally unnatural. As if there was a rubber I am bouncing off of. AI seems unfazed.
  • I got a slight FPS increase with newest build and Nvidia drivers. Ghosting dissappeared for me when disabling AA or avoiding Temporal AA. But overall I cannot say any AA ingame really improves on overall graphical quality. So turned it of completely. Any of you gets a visual benefit from AA?
  • I had a "texture problem" so far, where all the textures seemed washed out. Like setting quality below low quality and/or LOD not working properly. I got around that in setting "let the application choose" in NVIDIA panel (where the NVIDIA logo rotates). Now the textures load pretty quickly after the track is loaded up and no problems anymore (so far at least).
Looking forward to racing again....maybe later today? ;)
The devs are doing a good job on (noticeably!) improving the game on every EA release and also with smaller updates. Congrats to the team for a solid performer and already very enjoyable to play game! Looking forward to the next updates with the Jaguar, Honda, Zolder and Monza! :thumbsup:

Not to sound like a broken record, but...for me personally another fantastic update with no issues, FPS still around 56-60 running on 5760 x 1080 @ 60Hz as the previous update with the new RTX 2070 card installed and still looks fantastic...to my old eyes anyway...lol.
The Ferrari feels great on my TS XW, again consistant with other updates with existing cars and the Audio is superb on my Asus Strix True Surround Sound Headphones and really enjoy racing in the 'Heavy Rain' as when the rain water splashes up and hits the underside of the car body...it sounds real.
Although all the cars to date are great I am most looking forward to the new cars in Build 5 and 6 as these are cars I have not driven in any Sim I have to date, so are completely new.
A couple of screen shots with Game Settings and MSI Afterburner data...would still like to be able to turn off those 'pop up' boxes though as it kills the realism for me personally .
2 ACC 4th UPDATE FERRARI at HUNGORING Grid copy.jpg
3 ACC 4th UPDATE FERRARI at HUNGORING Race copy.jpg
1 ACC 4th UPDATE FERRARI at HUNGORING Game Settings copy.jpg

EDIT: Some screenshots in the Rain...I think the Rain effects have been improved as there seems to be movement of the water on the windscreen when turning and not so much 'white out mist' when following other cars...loving it
4 ACC FERRARI at HUNGORING in RAIN Cockpit copy.jpg
4 ACC FERRARI at HUNGORING in RAIN side shot copy.jpg

Last edited:
No Mouse In VR = No Buy :D

eerr oh wait I already did! Aside from the clunky use of buttons to navigate this was a nice update but I do hope Mouse Support comes before v1.0, I'm pumped for the Ferrari but not so much Hungaoringinginginging. VR is still "sloppy" on my system but that's my issue not Kunos', saw some funky looking Trees though so maybe I need to verify files and play with settings a bit to get it looking better but I highly doubt I'll ever get higher than 45FPS...which is fine for me. I only had a quick play in Practice and I've never seen so many AI spinning off and crashing, something's not quite right there but I'll take a closer look this weekend.

Overall another tidy update and it's clear to see this Sim coming to fruition in a good way, love those Kunos boys they know their stuff!

After driving for a few hours today, I am of the opinion that VR as been improved to the point that, in my set up, I do not need the engine.ini tweaks anymore, to have a very good VR experience.
Lock to Horizon works as intended.
I am a very happy VR ACC camper.
My only grief is that the LOD needs to be improve, when following cars in traffic, they change appearance and it is not good for the immersion.

Really?, :confused:, are you sure you do not have a 1070 with a 2080 sticker, :p, I have a mere 1080ti in VR and I get better performance than you.:D
Denying reality seems very common in this forum and to my knowledge there is no graphics card capable to perform 90 fps in VR in ACC. If you like washed out blurry graphics that can hide the fact it only runs 30-45 fps, have fun. I'm more into iRacing at the moment with it's crisp looking graphics mostly running 90 fps and the new card does similar performance in pCars 2, rF2 and Raceroom. ACC is worse in any VR-aspect and still doesn't support WMR-HMDs.

Yeah i get a massive visual improvement from Temporal AA but with the ghosting artifacts as a side effect . Without Temporal and only FXAA the aliasing is awful ! VR user here .
Cheers for the feedback. Maybe I do not see lots of improvement due to resolution <=> screen size ratio. I get aliasing with all AA options, maybe I was asking for too much. :D

I’ve done just a few laps yesterday… all maxed out between ultra and high except foliage and reflections (both mid)… game runs supersmooth at 65/75 fps avg, sometimes hitting 100 fps o full HD monitor, crisp and clear graphics… i feel it has been improved since build 3. Hungaroring looks really nice and detailed. Also, the transitions between all the interfaces and menus before actually driving in-game is much quicker and smooth. Unexpectedly i’ve lost all my previous wheel settings, don’t know why. I therefore needed to remap all the buttons. Quite satisfied so far. Tonight i’m gonna try it in VR.

Last edited:
Not to sound like a broken record, but...for me personally another fantastic update with no issues, FPS still around 56-60 running on 5760 x 1080 @ 60Hz as the previous update with the new RTX 2070 card installed and still looks fantastic...to my old eyes anyway...lol.
The Ferrari feels great on my TS XW, again consistant with other updates with existing cars and the Audio is superb on my Asus Strix True Surround Sound Headphones and really enjoy racing in the 'Heavy Rain' as when the rain water splashes up and hits the underside of the car body...it sounds real.
Although all the cars to date are great I am most looking forward to the new cars in Build 5 and 6 as these are cars I have not driven in any Sim I have to date, so are completely new.
A couple of screen shots with Game Settings and MSI Afterburner data...would still like to be able to turn off those 'pop up' boxes though as it kills the realism for me personally .
.View attachment 281384 View attachment 281385 View attachment 281386
EDIT: Some screenshots in the Rain...I think the Rain effects have been improved as there seems to be movement of the water on the windscreen when turning and not so much 'white out mist' when following other cars...loving it
View attachment 281389 View attachment 281390

I run aswell 5760 x 1080 resolution with a 1080ti.
I have foliage at LOW and shadows medium, the rest all in max. I never drop below 70 fps.

Foliage and shadows are real FPS killers in my experience.

So far so good. Ferrari and Hungaroring are great.

Just only one problem, the texture streaming. Sometimes they just dissapear, become washed out when clicking replay button.

Anybody knows how to fix that?

Still the same dead feeling FFB. There is not a lot communicated through the feedback, it has maybe half of the effects of what AC had / has. I have tried so many variants in the feedback menu, nothing gives the amazing feel of AC FFB.

I use the exact same Logitech profiler G27 settings for all sims and AC feels amazing, so to me its a failing of ACC somewhere...

Still the same dead feeling FFB. There is not a lot communicated through the feedback, it has maybe half of the effects of what AC had / has. I have tried so many variants in the feedback menu, nothing gives the amazing feel of AC FFB.

I use the exact same Logitech profiler G27 settings for all sims and AC feels amazing, so to me its a failing of ACC somewhere...

Strange, I feel the exact opposite about the ffb on my T300. Acc >>>>> ac.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back