Assetto Corsa Competizione with Ferrari, Hungaroring, Custom Weekends and Broadcasting Tools!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hungaroring.jpg

The new build is up for download, but most importantly: racing!

Featuring one of the most awaited cars in the current GT3 roster, the latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build brings some exciting new features along its equally marvellous new content.

If on the content front we now have, as said earlier, the Ferrari 488 GT3 racecar and the technical Hungaroring track facility, new features like custom weekends, which will allow you to make your own full weekends in full Blancpain style, both online and offline, and broadcasting tools for streaming are offered on the (rich) plate.

The changelog focuses also on some fixes and improvements that have been made to the core title, some of them asked loudly by the community like a 'Lock to Horizon' option and improvement to mirrors rendering. Furthermore, physics fixes to mass inertia, tyre model, tyre flex and brakes' heat influence over tyres temperature have been implemented, now resulting in better behaviour of the cars especially over kerbs!

Here you can read about it all.
Changelog v0.4.0:
  • New Ferrari 488 GT3
  • New Hungaroring circuit
  • Preview: Race weekends in Multiplayer
  • Added version 1 of the Broadcasting SDK (including test/example application)
  • Fixed look around in chase camera
  • Added Lock to Horizon option for Cockpit cameras (Alt+H to toggle, Shift+H and Ctrl+H to increment/decrement partial effect)
  • Added Confirm popup for NextSession, Restart, Pits and Quit button in ingame menu
  • Mirror options are now split in two: "Quality" and "View distance"
  • Added Fuel indicator in car HUD
  • Added Laps information for Hotstint online leaderboards on "Special events" page
  • Corrected brake heat influence on core tyre temps
  • Adjustments in cars inertia
  • Adjustments in tyre model and tyre flex, should result in better kerb behaviour
  • Added TC2 (TC initial cut) feature of F488. Physics, Controls, Setup
  • Fixed Tyres IMO (Inside Mid Outside) HUD visualisation
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 AI stopping without fuel in long races
  • Fixed wrong car systems during replay
  • Added lap tag in the replay HUD
  • Fixed cumulative automatic highlights endtime
  • Instant replay support for Broadcast app
  • Fixed focused car when entering or leaving replay
  • Fixed wrong time session start after a restart/next session
  • Fixed potential exterior camera issues for multiplayer
  • Fixed potential wrong near plane during starting sequence
  • Fixed proximity indicator according to the focused car
  • Added new skins for featured cars
  • Car dash luminosity readjusted for new exposure values
  • New Total (TO) rating representing strength and completeness (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • New driver category (visible in the Rating Profile)
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: alien performance now will still have overdrive, but less significant
  • CarControl Rating adjustments: very good driving performance will show values of CC 95+
  • TR/CN/CC: Fixed false-positive detection of "way too hard" for bends and kinks
  • Hotstint now shows laps in the menu leaderboard
  • Hotstint gaps now correctly display lap gaps / time gap within the same lap
  • Added backend connection state indicator to relevant menu pages
  • Added HUD page for broadcasting
  • Added HUD page with the current timetables
  • Holding TAB will temporarily show the timetables HUD page
  • Prevent Ambient sound to play during in game menu
  • Improved camera fading when switching cameras

ACC-Ferrari 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

This happens to me when I turn some widgets in HUD options off. If everything is enabled, the duplicated layer goes away. (You can try to restart the game after changing the options, to be sure.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I gave it a go but enabling all hud items and restating didn’t work for me - I still have the duplication. No real problem, I’ll just keep the HUD off in VR for now and see if it corrects at the next update.

Cheers. Yes sure. But to no avail. Switching into any other gear will deactivate the speed limiter. Braking into a slow corner will activate the speed limiter automatically again when selecting first gear.
Strange , do have another controller connected that may have a conflict,? eg: joystick or gamepad? Maybe try deleting your mappings and re-do , just some suggestions which may or may not help :)

Strange , do have another controller connected that may have a conflict,? eg: joystick or gamepad?
No, not really. Only wheel and pedals connected. But since only the mapping of the pit limiter is affected I would think it may be a problem with compatibility of the Thrustmaster T500. Not sure what "manu68" is using.

I am using a G25. The problem occurs only during hotstint , and not only at hungaroring with Ferrari. I precise that i didn't made hotstint until build 4, so i don't know if it is new or not. I personally have pit limiter set to automatic, but never tried pitstop until now

Yesterday I tried the multi and well...
What's the point of the quali? I mean when the race starts we are not on the grid, just randomly coming out from the pits then randomly we recieve the go sign and that's it. And I came out first and finished 7 mins behind the "first"????? What is this garbage?
The ping of the servers are horrendous.
I hate the gearbox comperssion sound on the cars.... only the Lambo and Audi has it....
In overall this game so far is nowhere near the original AC.
The FFB is horrible compared to AC.
I get it if it's only an EA, but still.... come on...

I am using a G25. The problem occurs only during hotstint , and not only at hungaroring with Ferrari. I precise that i didn't made hotstint until build 4, so i don't know if it is new or not. I personally have pit limiter set to automatic, but never tried pitstop until now

Yeah, I had this too. Super confusing. Guess it has something to with an auto-pit limited mode? Will check if there's a fix tonight.

Thanks for finding a solution. It remains that in my opinion it is a bug. I don't want to map à button for pit, just because i don't have much of them on my wheel and prefer to use them for other functions. Same for the clutch not working if no button mapped to motor start (it works on assetto corsa with motor start automatic)

Found the solution to the Oculus VR duplicated OSD HUD items, it only happens on my system if the graphics are set to full 4K on the monitor. Set the graphics to 1440 or 1080 and the HUD items are only fixed to the cockpit and scalable, just means changing the settings between normal and VR sessions.

After a good 6 hours of play through the special events etc I’m about done with this build and will wait for the next to see how ACC improves.

Best elements:

+++ Steering feel and feedback, especially the ability to feel the tyres getting hot and greasy.

+++ Deep water pulling at individual tyres and aquaplanig are superbly relayed, certainly as good as any game to date. I’ve driven a lot of real track set laps and these elements in particular feel right. The special event super pole in the extreme wet is a great challenge.

+ The drying track and increased confidence to up the pace is good. Honestly though for me ACC and F1 2018 feel almost identical in the drying track situation in terms of wheel feedback and the way grip and confidence is relayed to the player - no criticism, this is EA and F1 2018 does the drying track model well.

+ Oculus VR performance locked to 45fps with ASW is good and stable, world scale is near perfect and the extra sense of depth in the tracks really adds to the experience. No way my system would hold 90fps though!

++ Time challenges add a lot more ‘game’ and I really enjoy the driver feedback, that is helpful.

Areas that could still improve:

- Some big FPS and game performance issues on transition from daytime to sunset and sunset to darkness. The lights coming on sees the whole game stutter in both normal and VR. After the transition 45fps is stable once more.

- Night, wet conditions the spray from other cars remains oddly lit for my eyes, it’s as if the light source is from the back of the car the player is following, not the lights of the player car hitting the spray. The lack of visibility looks more like single seaters with no lights than GT cars to me. Night, storm racing is otherwise superbly atmospheric and claustrophobic in VR that I hope this improves. I suspect the demands on the system in VR in these conditions doesn’t help. For now PCARS2 remains more playable in extreme conditions.

Overall though ACC is already an enjoyable experience and I like the extra game and driver feedback elements over AC. Much better than I expected at this stage already worth the entry fee.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%