WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
So the author of the mod says that it's recommended to play at fps locked to 60 in order for physics to work correctly. But there's no way I'm going to lock the frame rate when I have a high refresh rate monitor. Is it still worth using the mod with an unlocked frame rate or will the handling be broken?

I remember I read somewhere else that it's only fine if you can achieve stable 30 fps (blasphemy! :p), 60 fps, but also something like 120 (100,144?) with no dips. I guess you can try that if max details + 60 are not enough. I had the same dilemma and went for 60 as I love the clear non-gamey graphics in this. Opposition of Dirt Rally 2.

Anyway, while mods "ABS+" option has cool handbrake enhancements the handling is so much more responsive without it. Well shouldn't be surprising after all:)

A sneak peak at one of the new mods in v11 ;)

WRC8 Super-Resolution 2020.06.28 - 00.52.35.21-4k.jpg

:D

Incredible work done on the mod. I hope Big Ben has seen your efforts and are consulting your expertise for their next game.

I have a question though: on the mod overview there are 5 physics presets (arcade, simcade, default-plus, Sim-PLUS, Sim-PLUS+) but when I open the physics mod menu I can all see options for the Sim-PLUS physics. Nothing about simcade and arcade or default-plus. I expected there to be simple-enough presets to choose from and I apologize if I missed those options. I even read the readme to make sure I wasn't missing anything. The physics menu is just overwhelming (especially with all those tire grip multipliers I'm not even sure which to select.

Could you please advise on the best physics settings to make the game as arcadey as possible? (I rather enjoyed Dirt 4 way more than Dirt Rally, to put things into perspective).

Also, with the ReShade mod I'm noticing the menu text gets blurred (even on the v10B Reshade). Is this normal?

Wish you would make this open, without the need for an EXE installer. I've read your explanation of having to unpack/repack and the expanded file sizes, but the included mods could be made available independently; in some cases like the light shader mod for WRC 8 here. You could start a whole ecosystem, with others providing updates/improvements, along the lines of CSP and Sol for AC. I'm considering setting up a VM to pull the diffs, but there are just so many other fun sims. This isn't critical or hypothetical, imagine what you'd make in the case I described with a donate option... Some would contribute the price of the game (myself included) to implement these masterful changes independently and securely.

The file responsabile for the camera positions its the GAMEPLAYSETTINGS.CFG right ?

If i install the mod i can do the changes that i want, but if i remove the mod the game only accept the default values. Is there one more file/s responsible for the cameras?

Hope you can help,

All the best!

I have pre-purchased WRC9 Deluxe and will be converting the installer and mods to work with it as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

WRC8 Mods v11 hit a major problem and setback at the last minute and so was put on hold. It is %99 finished and it will be released as soon as possible. Some important things in my work and personal life had to come first which meant that I had to take an extended break from gaming. Life is returning to normal so I will now have more time available for gaming.

The new mods and the new developments that I have made in WRC8 Mods v11 will carry over to WRC9 and I will be working as fast as I can to make this happen. :cool:

Thanks for all the support over the past year. I am really looking forward to see how Kylotonn have refined the the game in WRC9 and to see what improvements can be done by us.

I have pre-purchased WRC9 Deluxe and will be converting the installer and mods to work with it as soon as I can. :thumbsup:

WRC8 Mods v11 hit a major problem and setback at the last minute and so was put on hold. It is %99 finished and it will be released as soon as possible. Some important things in my work and personal life had to come first which meant that I had to take an extended break from gaming. Life is returning to normal so I will now have more time available for gaming.

The new mods and the new developments that I have made in WRC8 Mods v11 will carry over to WRC9 and I will be working as fast as I can to make this happen. :cool:

Thanks for all the support over the past year. I am really looking forward to see how Kylotonn have refined the the game in WRC9 and to see what improvements can be done by us.

Hello!

Can you tell me what files are responsable for the cameras? When i install your mod in WRC 8 they work...but if i uninstall they dont work anymore (the file GAMEPLAYSETTINGS.CFG is still there with others).

Last edited:
All the things in wrc8 put in wrc9 sound fantastic , camera , mods, ligts , dash rpm ligths , physics , graphics , sound the perfect work for the upcoming game , we cannot wait to see all that together :thumbsup:

I hope everythings back ok in your normal life @AgentHeX 0007 , kkeping well , and thanks for all the huge support on this game for everyone , Huge Respect :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I recently went back to the vanilla version and found that I liked it much better than this mod !

Throttle feels really bad in this mod cause it seems restricted especially at starts !

Cant wait for WRC 9 now !

Already got my codes from Instant gaming !

I also pre-order mine and hope that wrc9 will be better than your mod.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back