WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi and thank you for your mod.
Can you do anything about the UI with triple screens? It seems off, you cannot see all the stages in the edges, and it behaves strangely. WRC9.

Conversion of WRC 8 Mods to WRC 9 Mods...

Completed this weekend so far:

Game Mods:
Menu Animations
Extended Camera Adjustment
Coloured countdown numbers
Dashboard
Force Feedback
Coloured smoke
Lens flares
Logos
Pace notes
Post Process
Stage Fixes
Tyre spray
Custom Hud
Impact physics
Better headlights
Better falling rain and snow
Remove cartoon tyre spray effect
Fix the loud water splash noises when in car (gunshot)
Fix car spinning off road when hitting puddles
Physics mods (separate selectable grip levels for tarmac and offroad setups)
Cheats (For offline career mode)
Anti-Cheat v2 (Blocks online play, leader boards etc. when using car performance mods)

Shader Mods:
Bloom
Clarity
God Rays
Luminance
Enhanced motion blur
Better rain drops (water drops on screen)
Shadows
Vehicle lights dirt level
Road surface wet reflections
Better windscreen reflections
Windscreen dirt level
Fix windscreen looking black during replays

I am now working on the game everyday after work.
Many things have changed in the game but thankfully most of my WRC 8 Mods only require a simple fix to get them working in WRC 9 :cool:

WRC 8 Mods v11 final is temporarily on hold to add Steam platform compatibility.

Last edited:
WRC9 Mods - Work in progress screen shots:

WRC9 2020-09-08 21-02-06.jpg

WRC9 2020-09-08 21-20-28.jpg

WRC9 2020-09-08 21-00-39.jpg

Hud mods:
Progress bar more transparent and better colours, removed much of the white elements
Moved the red centred difference timer to the top of the screen
Lowered the pace notes position (selectable size large and small)
Coloured the respawn icons etc to WRC9 orange
Coloured the 3 2 1 go letters to red amber green
Changed the colours of the tacho and the damage circle and more transparent
Moved the tacho and damage circle more to the centre of the screen and customised them, less white elements, more transparent, red tacho needle, red turbo boost level, removed the white sweep behind the tacho needle, removed the white circle around the damage circle.

I find that there is to much full white hud items when in game, horrible on the eyes at night.

Dashboard Mod:
Bigger brighter shift lights

Shader mods:
More subtle windscreen reflections
Realistic rain drops on windscreen
Better reflections on the wet road surface
And more... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• WRC9 2020-09-08 21-20-28.jpg
    WRC9 2020-09-08 21-20-28.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I would like to know if in the next mod we can adjust the dust on the body?Just like snow.
I find the dust far too much on the car.....

View attachment 403875

What software do you use to edit the files?Thanks

Great idea! I will try to make this mod ready for v1.0 release, with selectable dirt levels

I use, Ghidra to reverse engineer the exe file, 3DMigoto to mod shaders, Notepad++ to edit config files and shader files, Innosetup for the installer

Last edited:
Hello ! Can you include a mod (WRC 9) for adjusting the position ,Horizontal,Vertical and Size “Move Mechanical Fail (Left) and RPM (Right) “ my idea is put this 2 side by side in the Center Down of screen, and change the Size (Smaller or Bigger) , you get the idea….Thank You For The Amazing Work !

That is the first new mod for WRC 9 I worked on, see screenshots above.

Should I make them smaller you think? both exactly side by side, as in nearly touching?

Last edited:
@AgentHeX 0007 Yes, some things changed... Its possible to do the Extended Camera Adjustment only with the proper files (without instaling all the mod)? If yes can you send me the files or put to download?

I'm so used to mod cameras that I'm going crazy :(!

Thanks for all the work, really appreciate it! ;)

@AgentHeX 0007 Yes, some things changed... Its possible to do the Extended Camera Adjustment only with the proper files (without instaling all the mod)? If yes can you send me the files or put to download?

I'm so used to mod cameras that I'm going crazy :(!

Thanks for all the work, really appreciate it! ;)

It is not possible to only have the modded camera files. The game files need to be extracted.

@AgentHeX 0007 , can we already install it to WRC 9?

I have a Frex Sinconmotion cockpit moved by Lince software but unfortunately WRC 8 and 9 works only with D-Box. But if the game send the informations to a D-Box, why not to another software? Should be possible do something?
The same happens with Simvibe. In this case I'm starting to think to try with audio only but is a pity.

In any case first of all I have to understand why after only one hour my eyes are so tired despite with other games, DR 2 first, I can play for hours without problems. It happened with WRC 8 too.

Thank you

Work in progress screen shots:

View attachment 404657

View attachment 404658

View attachment 404660

Hud mods:
Progress bar more transparent and better colours, removed much of the white elements
Moved the red centred difference timer to the top of the screen
Lowered the pace notes position (selectable size large and small)
Coloured the respawn icons etc to WRC9 orange
Coloured the 3 2 1 go letters to red amber green
Changed the colours of the tacho and the damage circle and more transparent
Moved the tacho and damage circle more to the centre of the screen and customised them, less white elements, more transparent, red tacho needle, red turbo boost level, removed the white sweep behind the tacho needle, removed the white circle around the damage circle.

I find that there is to much full white hud items when in game, horrible on the eyes at night.

Dashboard Mod:
Bigger brighter shift lights

Shader mods:
More subtle windscreen reflections
Realistic rain drops on windscreen
Better reflections on the wet road surface
And more... :thumbsup:

AgentHexX 0007, Thank you for the feedback, in my opinion ,I think as in nearly touching will be better, and maybe a little bit smaller (….) I only use Audio Pacenotes, but “Lowered the pace notes position (selectable size large and small) its a good idea too ;) and many others you mentioned….one more time, Thanks!

Will the mod allow us to edit certain text files again this year? Being able to edit individual AI driver ability last year really saved the single-player experience for me. Would be great if that's possible again.

When I get time I will set up triple screens and take a look, can you post a mobile phone photo of the problems with triple screen :thumbsup:

The quality is terrible but you can see, that I reach the end with the keyboard but UI does not move. And when I go back and forth it kinda goes that way but not really. The mouse is in wrong positions, the game has trouble handling triples in the menu.

its a long shot this..... and i may have asked before on WRC8 mod...... but can the sound banks be changed independent of the view used? id like to use dash cam with the sounds from behind the car...... does that make sense? hahaahahahaa ;)

The quality is terrible but you can see, that I reach the end with the keyboard but UI does not move. And when I go back and forth it kinda goes that way but not really. The mouse is in wrong positions, the game has trouble handling triples in the menu.
I have a similar problem with Ultra wide 49" screen

Welcome back!

After looking at the default physics files it would seem the developers followed us by now adding 20 points to the torque curves (Ced mod) and increasing the angular velocity to be the same as my Sim+ Pro mod giving the cars a much better feeling of weight when sliding through corners.

I also spotted parts of the shader code where they seem to have used values from my mods.

:D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back