WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
In my opinion, the grip for gravel and tarmac should not be the same.
I use grip 1.0 for tarmac because it seems more realistic but on gravel/snow, 1.0 is really too much. Maybe 0.7 or less is better.

In my opinion, the grip for gravel and tarmac should not be the same.
I use grip 1.0 for tarmac because it seems more realistic but on gravel/snow, 1.0 is really too much. Maybe 0.7 or less is better.
You are absolutely right, the tarmac should be very sharp and the gravel with a weak lateral grip. For Sweden, the grip should, according to drivers, a little more laterally and similar to braking than on gravel. For snow on snow tires, from experience, the grip should be much lower, given that in wrc 8 there are no studded tires.

You are absolutely right, the tarmac should be very sharp and the gravel with a weak lateral grip. For Sweden, the grip should, according to drivers, a little more laterally and similar to braking than on gravel. For snow on snow tires, from experience, the grip should be much lower, given that in wrc 8 there are no studded tires.
Yes, i really appreciate the grip at 1.0 forme tarmac. I'm working on tires for snow and gravel with car grip at 1.0 and share with AgentHex for nexts version

Did performance mods applied for WRC2 and JWRC cars too?
Yes, normally all cars are concerned.
Also, the center of mass for all cars should be tune with great value like 61% in front for the Fiesta R2 for example. With this balance, the Fiesta R2 will slip less, braking better and the rear will be more stable than the actual setting.
In the opposite, the Porsche GT3 should have 61% of it's mass on the rear. And the GT3 will grip/brake better of course.

Loving the mod guys! It makes the game really enjoyable. I have been running SIMPlus+ ProMod and CED mod. The cars feel so much more alive and natural. And the sense of speed is so much more real. It honestly feels somewhat close to my Focus RS when I am on a track day. A couple questions I have though are;

1. I was reading about an A/B/C selection for the level of grip. I have not seen this setting anywhere, just grip multipliers when running the dynamics app. I could just be blind and missing it somewhere right in front of my face.

2. As far as car setups using CED....is all the car setup functionality there, or are some things set in stone? I do feel like spring rate changes are the most noticeable. I haven't noticed much of a difference with different diff settings.

3. Not a questions but a comment.....this mod is going to make me build a desktop pc because the game now is wanting to cook my MSI GS65 laptop.....lol. Congrats on stimulating the PC parts economy!

Thanks Hex and Ced. I hope the KT Racing really takes some of your changes in this mod into account with WRC 9. If they do, they will finally have a game that can crush Codemasters. Cheers!

I notice another bug...i've lost my old car package (Porsche, Alpine, Lancia Delta).

This is because "epic online" is disabled. So the game can't check, if you have additional cars. I think that blocking all "epic online" features is a bit too much.

Is it possible, to only block the multiplayer part, but not the leaderboards of the stages?

1. I was reading about an A/B/C selection for the level of grip. I have not seen this setting anywhere, just grip multipliers when running the dynamics app. I could just be blind and missing it somewhere right in front of my face.

In previous versions (for example v9.0) you were able to select between options A/B/C to choose your level of grip. In v10 this has been replaced with numerical options = grip multipliers.

Thank you Agent and all those involved with this package.

My only gripe is that with the camera mod you have restricted the FoV slider for dash and cockpit cam (maybe others but I didn't check). What was the reasoning for this? And do you happen to know the conversion factor between the sliding scale (-10 to 10) and degrees of view?

Loving the mod guys! It makes the game really enjoyable. I have been running SIMPlus+ ProMod and CED mod. The cars feel so much more alive and natural. And the sense of speed is so much more real. It honestly feels somewhat close to my Focus RS when I am on a track day. A couple questions I have though are;

2. As far as car setups using CED....is all the car setup functionality there, or are some things set in stone? I do feel like spring rate changes are the most noticeable. I haven't noticed much of a difference with different diff settings.

3. Not a questions but a comment.....this mod is going to make me build a desktop pc because the game now is wanting to cook my MSI GS65 laptop.....lol. Congrats on stimulating the PC parts economy!

Thanks Hex and Ced. I hope the KT Racing really takes some of your changes in this mod into account with WRC 9. If they do, they will finally have a game that can crush Codemasters. Cheers!

My mod on the engine is for all cars, nom exception. I change the torque peak and curve, so the engine power is really near the real power of each car. I dont' remember but i think that v10.1 dont take the wind effect in account son maybe cars are too quick.
In my personal setting i use the wind effect and it's really different, much more with the aero package enable.
Maybe in the futur version it will be include with new center of mass.

I see something new in rpm lights in replay mode ,when the rpm get to maximus , it show some red big dashpanel, this could be much better if they can do this like a normal cockpit view when you get the rpm to change gear

Replay Mode

WRC8 2020-06-09 16-47-40.jpg
WRC8 2020-05-28 19-30-04.jpg

Downshift gear , when you rpm are maximus

WRC8 2020-05-30 16-47-14.jpg

Can we made this things happen when your rpm indicator to change gear , Im preety sure some file must be tweak, is that posible, also real Dash work like this for a lot of video I saw

I see something new in rpm lights in replay mode ,when the rpm get to maximus , it show some red big dashpanel, this could be much better if they can do this like a normal cockpit view when you get the rpm to change gear

Replay Mode

View attachment 380816View attachment 380821

Downshift gear , when you rpm are maximus

View attachment 380824

Can we made this things happen when your rpm indicator to change gear , Im preety sure some file must be tweak, is that posible, also real Dash work like this for a lot of video I saw

Yes I have have been looking into this and hope to enable it in a future update. I think it is a side effect from modding the engines performance.

The developers have hidden many things in the code that they were going to use / or were working on but for what ever reason disabled in the final game I think the red flashing shift screen is one of them.

Sound pwerfect , Im glad you understand my point ;) , pretty sure many option are hidden, I thougth it was negative values on the red flshhing , which must be positive when you upshift like LCD indicator , work the same like rpm lights
I hope it works AgentHex

I was wondering if someone has encountered the same problem. I can't see the exact number of points that I got after each rally (just which place I was after finish). Same thing goes for my team results. I'd be grateful for any tip.
scrn1.jpg

It was like this since I started playing WRC8 about a week ago. I downloaded 10.1 and only played modded version so I don't know about base game :/ Screenshot is from Season mode but it was the same in Career mode.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.