Vettel Blames Verstappen for Japanese Grand Prix Clash

It seems to me there is a general misunderstanding and some people speak a different language.

All i read is Vettels answer to what happened. He even says, i quote: "as soon as he saw me obviously he defended"

A very polite answer and not blaming anybody.

The comment about Verstappens driving style, i remember having heard from Prost about Senna.
Is recognizing and giving a personal opinion equal to blaming sb. ?

If VET had said: "I blame Max for x, y and z" that headline would be ok. Which he never did and still every news asset is printing it.

Thats not reporting facts, thats writing fairy tales. Grown men might still like tales, but they belong into a storybook and not into the news.

ooh, and btw. Vettels fault imho. cheers :cool:

On that, we agree.

If VET had said: "I blame Max for x, y and z" that headline would be ok. Which he never did and still every news asset is printing it.
Thats not reporting facts, thats writing fairy tales.
I suggest you contact all the news editors you're not satisfied with and tell them to change their headline.
Don't forget to mention that they only report facts, not write fairy tales.
I'm sure it'll be alright. Good luck. :sneaky:

Crofty needs to go back to school

In practice he announced he was going to convert KPH to MPH so people could better understand it ...........I guess ?

Max was coming through 130R whatever at 316KPH Crofty said "about 180MPH" ........... lol ?

then at chicane 98KPH he said that was" 70mph " lol ...............so a diff of 110MPH

in reality it's 196MPH down to 61MPH .............a diff of 135 MPH so he was only 25mph out

In a sport where technology is ultimate is that the best you could do Crofty fair dinkum ?

for viewers sake how about you use a calculator next time

Last edited:
I suggest you contact all the news editors you're not satisfied with and tell them to change their headline.
Don't forget to mention that they only report facts, not write fairy tales.
I'm sure it'll be alright. Good luck. :sneaky:

What kind of facts you talking? every newspaper blame Vettel. This poll on RD blame Vettel.

P-20170611-01511_News.jpg

Hopefully it will be fun in Amerika between the two big friends :O_o::D;)

Oh, you are funny! :roflmao: I have a little game here - when I see a post that says anything negative about the little dutch boy, I bet that I can name the people that disagree with their red crosses. And it's the same people, every time ;)

You never let me down, with your blinkered view :cool:

Oh, you are funny! :roflmao: I have a little game here - when I see a post that says anything negative about the little dutch boy, I bet that I can name the people that disagree with their red crosses. And it's the same people, every time ;)

You never let me down, with your blinkered view :cool:
As I stated: wait for the respons!!!!!:laugh:

Crofty needs to go back to school

In practice he announced he was going to convert KPH to MPH so people could better understand it ...........I guess ?

Max was coming through 130R whatever at 316KPH Crofty said "about 180MPH" ........... lol ?

then at chicane 98KPH he said that was" 70mph " lol ...............so a diff of 110MPH

in reality it's 196MPH down to 61MPH .............a diff of 135 MPH so he was only 25mph out

In a sport where technology is ultimate is that the best you could do Crofty fair dinkum ?

for viewers sake how about you use a calculator next time

Keep him in detention. Make him write lines on the blackboard.

Make him write 'IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO' 1000 times.

THEN HOPEFULLY HE WILL NEVER F*****G SAY IT AGAIN.

I have a question about poll, "Who do you think was to blame for Japanese GP incident?", isn't it the same as "Who should get the penalty for Japanese GP incident?" ?
I mean, most of the blame here goes to Vettel "because he didn't wait for DRS", while the other side blames Max for not leaving enough room. While both views are right, it still leaves this as racing incident since as rules say "No penalty if stewards can't clearly put it on 1 driver".

So, what are we discussing here:
1) was there and who should have got the penalty
or
2) this driver is :poop: because he is trying to race on whole track instead of 3 places that are "safe"

Well, Vettel does not deserve anything this year.

Might have been posted before but come on, this is so obviously Vettels mistake. What is he thinking there, especially when it comes to Verstappen?

In former times real champions were at least smart enough to make sure that both spin and loose their position so that the other one at least has something to think about. Vettel in Monza and also Vettel in this case, no, Michael Schumacher was way better, Hakkinen was and Hamilton could have won this years title in a Ferrari, at least it would still be very close with all the points from Monza and Hockenheim....

In Battle you can attack and defend!
In battle you can crash, cause collisions, abuse tracklimits, unsafely return to the track, be unsportsmanlike/dangerous towards your teammate/racing colleagues and last but not least score 8 penalty points on your licence in 12 months. Now that's what I call a disaster on wheels, eh ... supertalent!

Last edited:
I am no fan of Vettel, but no driver should be scared to attempt an overtaking manoeuvre on one specific opponent for fear of being driven off the road.

Fair enough, Verstappen wants to be seen as a 'hard racer', which is great, I want to see hard racing in F1. Hard racing does not mean pushing people off the track when you run wide, or swerving to block someone in the braking zone (esp. your team mate), or cutting everyone up who tries to overtake you.

That just makes you a dirty driver.

I admired MV when he first started in F1. He had speed, and wasn't afraid to try to overtake, but clearly had a lot to learn regarding race craft. Now, 3 years on, he still has the speed, and the willingness to overtake, but he does not seem to have gained any race craft or intelligence - only arrogance.

Unless he learns, and learns soon, I honestly believe he will be responsible for a terrible accident in F1.

Well, Vettel does not deserve anything this year.

Might have been posted before but come on, this is so obviously Vettels mistake. What is he thinking there, especially when it comes to Verstappen?

In former times real champions were at least smart enough to make sure that both spin and loose their position so that the other one at least has something to think about. Vettel in Monza and also Vettel in this case, no, Michael Schumacher was way better, Hakkinen was and Hamilton could have won this years title in a Ferrari, at least it would still be very close with all the points from Monza and Hockenheim....

Your video shows when there is contact Vettel & Max. White line is the track limit where you should give one car wide space. Remember I am not asking if Vettel is entering in that corner too fast but Is there is enough space ?

In battle you can crash, cause collisions, abuse tracklimits, unsafely return to the track, be unsportsmanlike/dangerous towards your teammate/racing colleagues and last but not least score 8 penalty points on your licence in 12 months. Now that's what I call a disaster on wheels, eh ... supertalent!
I quit, Lets debate over 10 years, and see Who was wrong!:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back