Vettel Blames Verstappen for Japanese Grand Prix Clash

Your video shows when there is contact Vettel & Max. White line is the track limit where you should give one car wide space. Remember I am not asking if Vettel is entering in that corner too fast but Is there is enough space ?
So should he let him pass?, attack and defend thats racing and a battle, what kind of racing do you want?, Scalextric??

So should he let him pass?, attack and defend thats racing and a battle, what kind of racing do you want?, Scalextric??

I am not saying that Max should let vettel to overtake but I am simply asking if Max did leave enough space.
Yes, attack and defend and battle thats racing but attack and defend by crashing and forcing other cars out from the track is not racing.
I don't want racing like Max did for example to Kimi, crashing into his car causing huge damage and putting him out from the podium battle. Five sec. penalty is not fair at all, Max should got at least 10 sec. stop and go for that move if you ask from me.

Last edited:
I don`t think so. Incident Vettel & Max would never happened with Daniel, Kimi, Niko or some other fair driver.

It is like Vettel claims: "As soon as he realises somebody is close or next to him, he tries to - in my opinion - push when you shouldn't push anymore."

Probably wouldn't have. Because they would have been smarter about it and just took him on the upcoming straight, where they have the power advantage.

This is discussion is weird because the participants are virtual racing enthusiasts and very few do not seem to understand the game they are playing. Hilarious!

What Vettel tried would not even work in Assetto Corsa with AI set to 100% performance and standard aggression, because Vettel is sticking his nose into the ideal line but cannot get passed Verstappen, that is the moment when the AI pulls over and they are just bits and bytes - it is a "no brainer" predictable outcome and does not even take the talent of Verstappen.

Anyway, you must leave space only when there is someone right beside you or even slightly in front, but otherwise you may defend the ideal line and if I know that with just a computer game then Vettel should know for sure, so Vettel, lift the throttle just a bit and make him a little nervous so maybe he makes a mistake in the next corner.

It seems to me, Vettel did this out of the frustration that if he cannot get passed Verstappen right away he will not see the Mercedes again and then it had not mattered to him if he finished third or tenth. He lost this Championship a long time ago....

Last edited:
This is discussion is weird because the participants are virtual racing enthusiasts and very few do not seem to understand the game they are playing. Hilarious!

What Vettel tried would not even work in Assetto Corsa with AI set to 100% performance and standard aggression, because Vettel is sticking his nose into the ideal line but cannot get passed Verstappen, that is the moment when the AI pulls over and they are just bits and bytes - it is a "no brainer" predictable outcome and does not even take the talent of Verstappen.

Anyway, you must leave space only when there is someone right beside you or even slightly in front, but otherwise you may defend the ideal line and if I know that with just a computer game then Vettel should know for sure, so lift the throttle just a bit and make him a little nervous so maybe he makes a mistake in the next corner.

It seems to me, Vettel did this out of the frustration that if he cannot get passed Verstappen right away he will not see the Mercedes again and then it had not matter to him if he finished third or tenth. He lost this Championship a long time ago....

The problem from this discussion Authense is.. some people here cant not stand it Max. Mad Max of Crash@Verstappen :sleep::sleep::cautious::sleep:
The Max Verstappen hate and nothing else. Max is very talented and everybody knows it. He have make his mistakes like everybody make mistakes in F1 with his very young age logical... So why the hate? Because Max is threat for their F1 kingdom. New generation is comming. This is difficult for some people. Max sometimes doing wonderful things like Schumacher and Senna did. People from Real Madrid dont like Messi... !! People they loved Vettel dont like Max!
Simple!!
The weekend in Japan, A child can see that you cant overtake on this place.. in the spoon curve. And never it will happen on this place. Sometimes is also good to say... man you're right. That makes the next discussion clean.
Lets go to America and lets keep it fun, :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Stop the Verstappen Troll please!! @VETTEL is guilty simple. Discussion closed :sleep::laugh:;)

You want to get right Please Stop! Its monday see you next race :thumbsup:
I am out :roflmao:

The problem from this discussion Authense is.. some people here cant not stand it Max. Mad Max of Crash@Verstappen :sleep::sleep::cautious::sleep:
The Max Verstappen hate and nothing else. Max is very talented and everybody knows it. He have make his mistakes like everybody make mistakes in F1 with his very young age logical... So why the hate? Because Max is threat for their F1 kingdom. New generation is comming. This is difficult for some people. Max sometimes doing wonderful things like Schumacher and Senna did. People from Real Madrid dont like Messi... !! People they loved Vettel dont like Max!
Simple!!
The weekend in Japan, A child can see that you cant overtake on this place.. in the spoon curve. And never it will happen on this place. Sometimes is also good to say... man you're right. That makes the next discussion clean.
Lets go to America and lets keep it fun, :thumbsup:

People really don't care as much as you think.

People don't hate him. People do think he's got a bit of talent.

They just think he's volatile, dangerous and accident prone, and that he needs to have more respect for his fellow competitors.

People really don't care as much as you think.

People don't hate him. People do think he's got a bit of talent.

They just think he's volatile, dangerous and accident prone, and that he needs to have more respect for his fellow competitors.

It keeps going and going.... you read the poll??

57% to vote Vettel against 17% Max

Who is dangerous? :roflmao:

Difficult some people :sleep: I am tired and stop this endless discussion

The Max Verstappen hate and nothing else. Max is very talented and everybody knows it. He have make his mistakes like everybody make mistakes in F1 with his very young age logical...

Well, I think you are too 2-dimensional here. Let me give you an example:

1. It was Vettels mistake
2. I do not like Verstappen too much
3. I think VER is entertaining
4. I think VER could be causing a very bad accident someday
5. I think VER is talented
6. His age has nothing to do with his abilities or number of mistakes

So that's 6 dimensions already, totally independent. You might realize, that liking or disliking a driver is a separate discussion from judging an accident and boxing people based on seemingly disparate attributes or attitudes towards a person is the definition of ....

Last edited:
Vettel just isn't the driver people thought/think he is. That's not saying he isn't one of the best. He's just not living up to the expectation/reputation. The past few years, he's lived comfortably in the space between Mercedes and Red Bull, where he didn't really need to push, because the fact was Ferrari wasn't catching Merc, and they were too far ahead of Red Bull to feel any real pressure. That left Vettel in a nice place--no excuses needed. But as that space has become narrower and narrower, he's had to actually compete, going wheel-to-wheel, head-on with competitors to earn his finish. And we're seeing the result of that new pressure. So far, it seems like he doesn't have the stones for it. When Ferrari was ahead, earlier this season, he was fine--again, working in a comfortable space. But as soon as the competition started in the second half, and he's got others around him that he has to fight against, he started to crack. Max has the balls to go head-to-head hard. So, he leaves you a tight fit. Get over it. Hamilton has the balls to go hard head-to-head. Same can be said for Ric, Bottas, and Kimi. Vettel, IDK... he hasn't really proven that. He's gotten punk'd driving in the pack quite a bit this season, mostly due to stupid unavoidable errors on his part.

Well, I think you are too 2-dimensional here. Let me give you an example:

1. It was Vettels mistake
2. I do not like Verstappen too much
3. I think VER is entertaining
4. I think VER could be causing a very bad accident someday
5. I think VER is talented
6. His age has nothing to do with his abilities or number of mistakes

So that's 6 dimensions already, totally independent. You might realize, that liking or disliking a driver is a separate discussion from judging an accident and boxing people based on seemingly disparate attributes or attitudes towards a person is the definition of ....

This poll is about number 1 on your list ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back