Vettel Blames Verstappen for Japanese Grand Prix Clash

I think I'm starting to come around to that point of view, I must admit!

It's just nice to be able to have a civilised, objective conversation about it.

I guess the kids are back at school today.
Wise words.
Civilised conversations are always welcome.
In my humble point of view, I see it as a racing incident. :cautious:

Vettel always blames the other car when his boneheaded aggression goes wrong. Can't wait to see what Leclerc does with that car next year.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

I think I'm starting to come around to that point of view, I must admit!

It's just nice to be able to have a civilised, objective conversation about it.

I guess the kids are back at school today.

Yes I agree,
I get that people are passionate about who they support.

Racers have to demand respect by being difficult to pass when appropriate.It's easy to be impossible to overtake if you want to but I'm sure anybody wants that.

I thought 'having the inside line' was having a significant overlap not necessarily being level.
Also if a guy has to kerb on a high speed corner you probably haven't left enough space.

It was a high risk manure where you rely on the other driver to cooperate. Probably not a wise move given Verstappen's MO.

It was high risk, because it was a bonehead move. Part of overtaking is also knowing/anticipating the guy you're trying to pass. Almost every other driver on the grid would have told you it was a bad idea to try to take Max like that, because he wasn't going to give you much to work with. Coupled with the fact that you know the car head has a five second penalty to serve in the pits, and you can't spin any sense of out Vettel's move.

If it were a fluke, maybe I'd give it to him. But Vettel has a made a habit out of making bad calls when season pressure gets heavy.

Yep, and thats the same headline at motorsport.com and again no word of VET blaming VER. ;)

The typical copy pasta mindframe in the google world.
Originality and having an opinion of your own seems not desirable since its always "easier" to just repeat what others say/write.

Who knows Douglas Adams´s "Hitchhiker through the galaxy" ? At one time a distant planet evacuated all those people with "un-needed" jobs alike telephone disinfectants, hair stylists, etc. . telling them all the others will follow shortly. We should definetely do the same in our generation and add motorsport-journalists to the passenger list. :D

Yep, and thats the same headline at motorsport.com and again no word of VET blaming VER. ;)

The typical copy pasta mindframe in the google world.
Originality and having an opinion of your own seems not desirable since its always "easier" to just repeat what others say/write.

Or to ignore what's right in front of you.

"I knew he had a penalty but I also felt that we were faster. The gap was there but as soon as he saw me obviously he defended. But I had the inside.

"As soon as he realises somebody is close or next to him, he tries to - in my opinion - push when you shouldn't push anymore.

It seems deduction and inference also seem to be undesirable for some. ;)

noun
  1. the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
We're not simply going to stop talking about it because you don't like what you are hearing ;)

Or to ignore what's right in front of you.

"I knew he had a penalty but I also felt that we were faster. The gap was there but as soon as he saw me obviously he defended. But I had the inside.

"As soon as he realises somebody is close or next to him, he tries to - in my opinion - push when you shouldn't push anymore.

It seems deduction and inference also seem to be undesirable for some. ;)
Exactly, nothing to add.

Stop the Verstappen Troll please!! @VETTEL is guilty simple. Discussion closed :sleep::laugh:;)

I hate to state the obvious, but if you weren't churning out such orange tinted pro-Verstappen, anit-Vettel, anti-FIA propaganda in the first place, half the posts in this thread would not be here trying to drill some perspective into you.

I've sent Charlie Whiting an email asking him to stop trolling Verstappen because you don't like it too.

I'll let you know how he replies.

If he can stop laughing long enough to type.

I hate to state the obvious, but if you weren't churning out such orange tinted pro-Verstappen, anit-Vettel, anti-FIA propaganda in the first place, half the posts in this thread would not be here trying to drill some perspective into you.

I've sent Charlie Whiting an email asking him to stop trolling Verstappen because you don't like it too.

I'll let you know how he replies.

If he can stop laughing long enough to type.

You want to get right Please Stop! Its monday see you next race :thumbsup:
I am out :roflmao:

Some drivers don't respect other at all and will use their cars like a weapon or DTM style Verstappen, Maldonado, Perez, Magnussen
Sebastian should know who and how already but he keeps forgetting making an idiot from himself since Baku 2017... Feel so so sorry for Fernando.

• Deleted member 379375

It was high risk, because it was a bonehead move. Part of overtaking is also knowing/anticipating the guy you're trying to pass. Almost every other driver on the grid would have told you it was a bad idea to try to take Max like that, because he wasn't going to give you much to work with. Coupled with the fact that you know the car head has a five second penalty to serve in the pits, and you can't spin any sense of out Vettel's move.

If it were a fluke, maybe I'd give it to him. But Vettel has a made a habit out of making bad calls when season pressure gets heavy.

We are agreed then

• Deleted member 379375

Question, should you make a legal doable move if you know the driver will run you off the track? If the answer is no, then hasn't he already beaten you psychologically.

Would you let any driver beat you down like that?

Stop the Verstappen Troll please!! @VETTEL is guilty simple. Discussion closed :sleep::laugh:;)

You are the last person to decide if a discussion is closed or not. You are a reason for this discussion. What @ears is saying, you are the reason why there are a lot of posts to bring you up to speed about perspective, rules and thoughts, this:

Okay
W7Mi1LddSLRL.gif

Behave, stop the personal insults or reply bans are incoming.

It seems to me there is a general misunderstanding and some people speak a different language.

All i read is Vettels answer to what happened. He even says, i quote: "as soon as he saw me obviously he defended"

A very polite answer and not blaming anybody.

The comment about Verstappens driving style, i remember having heard from Prost about Senna.
Is recognizing and giving a personal opinion equal to blaming sb. ?

If VET had said: "I blame Max for x, y and z" that headline would be ok. Which he never did and still every news asset is printing it.

Thats not reporting facts, thats writing fairy tales. Grown men might still like tales, but they belong into a storybook and not into the news.

ooh, and btw. Vettels fault imho. cheers :cool:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea