That I could read, that's why I said "not completely". There's more to graphics than the graphics engine. You can have the best engine in business, if the 2D / 3D art isn't up to speed, it won't work.
And S397 isn't totally stranger to the art part.

Best arcade racers ever, easily:
Project Gotham Racing 2 and 4.

Arcade yet you can really feel sim "elements." Every car is very different from the other. The way you use trailbraking, throttle control, wheel spin to straighten out the car on exit (something even a lot of hardcore sims suck at since they freak out and act all mental and unrealistic during wheelspin), the weight and weight transfer, the inertia (for the most part), everything. The way you had to drive the car to be fast and get good lap times. Using the curbs. Managing grip. It's soooo good. And in PGR4 where they added different levels of wetness versions of tracks, it was again phenomenal for an arcade racer. Not to mention the sounds in part 4 which still blow away mostly all racing videogames.

As close to perfect balancing of arcade and simulation elements of any videogame in history in my opinion. In fact, I honestly don't think nothing comes close. I literally can't handle playing any non-sim game for more than 10 minutes and I've tried almost all. PGR 2 and 4 I enjoyably played for years.

PGR 2 and 4 are easily the best gamepad racing games of all time for any one who doesn't like arcade racers and gamepads and usually only plays sims and with a wheel.

Last edited:
Well I got the chance to beat to death that TOP GEAR game in SNES years ago without worrying about reading peoples opinions at the time. That it's awful and not related to the TV show. I agree!

:D:laugh:

At least I'm over with the hype and I can happily move on ignoring this old folks' new title.

With release of the official Grand Tour game right around the corner, check out the three rather unique pre-order bonus cars announced earlier today.

With the game looking to closely follow the real world shenanigans of presenting trio Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond, it was probably always inevitable that some of the contraptions featured throughout the history of the show would make it into the game.. and needless to say that is very much the case in the terms of this new pre-order bonus collection.

Featuring a car / fire engine, a garden on wheels and a pimped out beach buggy, the three bonus cars probably won't be challenging the likes of the holy trinity anytime soon, but could still provide plenty of laughs for anyone looking to take to the track against their friends in the four player split screen mode, or at the very least add some interesting novelty content for fans of the Amazon Prime motoring show..

GTG Preview 1.jpg
GTG Preview 2.jpg
GTG Preview 3.jpg

As an added bonus, Amazon have slashed the price of the title on the run up to release, with the official Grand Tour game now available for just under £12 for a limited period of time.

The Grand Tour Videogame will release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 January 15th 2019.

For more news, features and discussion about this upcoming title, check out the RaceDepartment The Grand Tour Game sub forum and get involved in the discussion today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'll be surprised if this isn't a spectacular dumpster fire.

It's been many, many years (probably pre Gran Turismo 1) since devs have been able to dip their toes into the "driving game" genre in a half hearted fashion without getting laughed out of the market.

They certainly arent doing themselves any favours shows those compressed to hell pictures sucking out any iota of quality there.

It's The Quiet Man all over again, well at least people can start their worst game of the year lists quickly.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 6 24.0%