I welcome anything that will help Studio 397 earn some much needed revenue, they are not making much out of Rfactor 2 anyway, so why not, go for it studio 397 and expand, you're making peanuts from the so called niche simracing market. Plus this is proof that theIR physics engine, can be "Incorporated" pun intended, into other API/SDK.

A mindless arcade racer that ISN'T Need For Speed... might check it out at some point.

Also, reading some of these comments and now wondering just what kind of game you thought it was going to be? Surely not a sim?

I'm actually looking forward to this game. Anyone that's expecting this game to be something that'll blow racing fans away is going to be properly disappointed. This game was clearly done for everyone to just pick up and race instantly like a "Kart-style" game, most likely aimed towards the people who watch the show but don't take video games seriously.

Make no mistake, at the end of the day your best The Grand Tour/Top Gear simulator will still be the Forza Horizon series but I'm actually looking forward for some pure arcade fun. I'll wait for the reviews tho.

I thought it was ISI that did this? If it is S397, then we still do not know what mystery project ("not rF3") ISI has been working on for the past couple of years?

ISI was not involved in the development of this game. Studio 397 was. The game was built using the Amazon Lumberyard game engine and they licensed rFactor 2. We helped them adapt the physics engine to integrate with Lumberyard and to fit with the requirements for this game and the platforms it runs on. A few other studios were also involved in the development. Watch the credits when the game releases later this month. I honestly don't know what ISI were referring to when they mentioned "not rF3" but this is not it.

ISI was not involved in the development of this game. Studio 397 was. The game was built using the Amazon Lumberyard game engine and they licensed rFactor 2. We helped them adapt the physics engine to integrate with Lumberyard and to fit with the requirements for this game and the platforms it runs on. A few other studios were also involved in the development. Watch the credits when the game releases later this month. I honestly don't know what ISI were referring to when they mentioned "not rF3" but this is not it.

Thanks for clarification!

This is not expensive, on XOne's side its pre order price is around 15€, althouh I don't fully understand what you get with that price. Full game with oncoming add ons or something like Telltale's etc season-games which are sold like episodes.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.