Dont think they went with rF2 graphics.
1.jpg

Oh kids...please. Stop talking about rF2. Just turn on your console, ask mom for a bowl of chips and a glass of cola and enjoy your quality gaming time. Once grown up maybe (probably not), you will understand rF2's power. Now hush and play. Good kid

I don't mind the existence of the Grand Tour, when my brother points out an episode to me, I'll watch it... BUT Clarkson is racist against black people, against asians, against mexicans and whatnot. Then there are the prejudice cliche jokes against basically all nations under the sun. Add to that homophobic jokes and at the cery least mild misagony. Also, he is not funny anymore (he used to be, when his show had a lot less money).

I'm happy that Forza doesn't associate with a-holes like that anymore (even if more by accident).

Stop disgracing the Tyler Durden name, you boring SJW.

1st point..its not remotely good enough to be called a game..even if it was free, I would never allow those fools the satisfaction of earning even more money....Developers please get a reality check!!!....dont slate me cos its my opinion and view!!
:devilish::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
+1

Ahead of the release for The Grand Tour Game this January 15th, developers Amazon Games have released another new trailer...

… featuring some of the weird and wonderful gadgets set to appear in the official Grand Tour videogame on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Ok, so these aren't exactly the sort of things one is likely to see in a modern racing game, but then again The Grand Tour Game isn't exactly the type of game that comes along every day either. We now know that TGT Game isn't likely to be a superbly detailed driving simulation, more a bit of fun between friends, and as such Amazon Games Studios aren't afraid to throw a bit of crazy into the new title - with things like Ice Cream "oil" slicks and fog screens that aren't exactly James Bond - but nevertheless should be a fun inclusion into what is highly likely to be a game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Considering some of the most easily recognisable motoring journalists in the world are involved in the new title, it's no surprise that Amazon have enlisted the services of one of the dodgy trio to introduce these new "features" - with former Top Gear host and current The Grand Tour presenter James "Captain Slow" May leading off the short introductory trailer, as can be seen at the head of this article.

The Grand Tour Game will be available as a digital download for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with new content and features set to unlock each week alongside the latest season 3 episode of the Grand Tour Amazon TV show.

The Grand Tour Videogame will release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 January 15th 2019.
For more news, features and discussion about this upcoming title, check out the RaceDepartment The Grand Tour Game sub forum and get involved in the discussion today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I remember the days when arcade games were actually fun and not technology previews and content buckets. I mean they did what they were supposed to do, perhaps this game will be like that too.

The cars' physics look so static and simplistic. Project Gotham Racing on XBox from 15 years ago looked more dynamic. Why are Live for Speed, iRacing, Netkar Pro, and to a certain extent Assetto Corsa the only games where cars do a decent job of looking realistic in terms of physics? Just because a game is arcadey doesn't mean it doesn't have body/chassis dynamics taking place so why do the cars look like they are made up of single piece board. Even some sims look quite static and unrealistic when observing the car during replays - it's not just an arcade racer thing but games in general.

An arcade game like Grand Theft Auto has more realistic and dynamic looking car body than most PC sims and that's an arcade game and it's primary focus isn't even cars.

Devs need to stop pumping out more cars and tracks and actually go back to working on the fundamentals of our racing sims. Just adding more cars and tracks doesn't do much to improve a game - it's the "mechanics" of a videogame that determine whether it's fun to play/watch, not pumping out more cars/tracks/guns/maps, etc.

Last edited:
This game sure will explore the limits of the PS4 and the XBone in the graphics department :D
My biggest question that what identity will it have? I mean the advertisement is confusing for me, this is the first time they show this Mario Kart type of gameplay. Is it will be the main focus of the game?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.