Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 8.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
You cannot.

If you play with PS4, this is what happens. Due to some privacy and GDPR related issues the game cannot give out player names, when you play with PS4.

Cheers
I'm on Xbox and it happens but is it possible to change it to Ferrari 1/Ferrari 2 instead of all player in a future update? or even better an option to rename the "player" in the tool as it seems every driver has their own ID while in the lobby? and then it will obviously reset when you go into a new lobby

I'm on Xbox and it happens but is it possible to change it to Ferrari 1/Ferrari 2 instead of all player in a future update? or even better an option to rename the "player" in the tool as it seems every driver has their own ID while in the lobby? and then it will obviously reset when you go into a new lobby
The IDs can also change between starts, so it is not a reliable way to detect the players and I think if you play leagues, the IDs are different in different sessions. There has been long discussion on this on the Codemaster's forum.

The Ferrari 1/Ferrari 2 might be good way to solve this for XBox/PS4 players. Only issue I see in this, that if people are not playing the 'English' version, the name is not player, but something localised to their language. Maybe I can create some checks around that, i.e. if there are many players with the same name, I use the 'Team 1/2' option.

Cheers

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry for Codemasters F1 2018

New version with many updates and fixes.

For update, just replace the Telemetry.jar.

For new install, read the ReadMe.txt or check the install YouTube video.

Notable new features:

Comparison tab is back.

Telemetry (See YouTube video on the Telemetry tab)
- Mouse drag to move the graphs
- Zoom with key Z centers on cursor
- Several new graphs

Map
- All settings are now saved between sessions
- Updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New 8.2 version

For update, just replace the Telemetry.jar

For new installations, please read the ReadMe.txt and then check my YouTube video on the installation.

Key additions:

1) Save Ghost lap telemetry
If the Ghost is faster than you (at least for 1 lap), then a Ghost file will be saved to the 'opponent laps' directory. This contains very basic telemetry of the ghost's lap (Throttle input is missing, as the game doesn't reveal it for the...

In 8.2 I had forgotten to uncomment one line before release, so the graphs on telemetry tab didn't get cleared, if you changed track/event. I fixed this in 8.3.

Also fixed
- Map: Last sector flags fixed for some tracks, where it only displayed the flags for partial zone
- Race Info: occasional 0.000 Delta to leader/front fixed

Added
- Map + Race Timing: If you press key 'X' in the tool, in the Map's 'Name + Speed' you can also see, if other drivers are using assists (TC or ABS). In Race...

I was thinking adding back the old Graph view (where you can add to X and Y axis any data) and the Driver DNA. Do you people have any preferences, which I should put back first?

Cheers

Hi, i am having trouble connecting my xbox one up. i set everything up that I needed to. do I need to set up my IP address or Is thier somthing else that im missing

You don't need to know XBox's IP address.

You just need to know the IP address of the laptop/desktop where you run the Telemetry tool. Easiest way to find this is to start the Telemetry tool, press CTRL + i, it will show some base data, below 'Listening IP: port ...' line there is 'Computer IP: ...', where you will find the IP address, you have to put into the XBox's Telemetry settings.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just a note, if you try to use the tool with Java 11 or later, it doesn't work.

The tool works with Java 8, 9 and 10. For the F1 2019 version I will adapt the tool to Java 11 and will most likely ship the needed binaries + launcher with the .zip. If you for some reason cannot use Java 8 and need the Java 11 version, let me know and I can provide you a early alpha version of such package.

Cheers.

Just a note, if you try to use the tool with Java 11 or later, it doesn't work.

The tool works with Java 8, 9 and 10. For the F1 2019 version I will adapt the tool to Java 11 and will most likely ship the needed binaries + launcher with the .zip. If you for some reason cannot use Java 8 and need the Java 11 version, let me know and I can provide you a early alpha version of such package.

Cheers.
Hey just downloaded this on my MacBook Air 2018. I play f1 2018 on a ps4 and my telemetry settings are
Udp telementry: on
Broadcast off
Ip adress 127.0.0.1
Udp port: 20777
send rate 30HZ
format Legacy

Still it doesn't seem to be working. the telementry app doesn't get the data. is it because I am in practice and this only. works In a race?

Hey just downloaded this on my MacBook Air 2018. I play f1 2018 on a ps4 and my telemetry settings are
Udp telementry: on
Broadcast off
Ip adress 127.0.0.1
Udp port: 20777
send rate 30HZ
format Legacy

Still it doesn't seem to be working. the telemetry app doesn't get the data. is it because I am in practice and this only. works In a race?

If the Ip address is 127.0.0.1 on ps4, it will not work. You need to find the IP address of your MacBook Air and put that into the Game settings. One way to find it is to run the Telemetry tool on the Mac, then press CTRL-I (in mac I think is is the 'command' button). This will show a box, where on the second section you will see "Computer IP: <name>/<ip address>. Put that ip address to your game telemetry settings and it should work.

You might also want to make the MacBooks IP address static in your home network, so the IP doesn't change between reboots.

Also if you use the 8.x version, the format should be 2018.
With 7.x versions you can use the Legacy format.

Cheers.

If the Ip address is 127.0.0.1 on ps4, it will not work. You need to find the IP address of your MacBook Air and put that into the Game settings. One way to find it is to run the Telemetry tool on the Mac, then press CTRL-I (in mac I think is is the 'command' button). This will show a box, where on the second section you will see "Computer IP: <name>/<ip address>. Put that ip address to your game telemetry settings and it should work.

You might also want to make the MacBooks IP address static in your home network, so the IP doesn't change between reboots.

Also if you use the 8.x version, the format should be 2018.
With 7.x versions you can use the Legacy format.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot of the help. works perfect now.
amazing software I look forward to be using a lot
Cheers.

Hello Iko,

how can we change the text size in Race Info Tabs? i use a lot the Comparing to: fastest lap area and for example I don't use the graph at all. By the way i cannot resize sections area and i cannot change the text size (the scroll or ctrl + don't work) so i cannot read at all numbers when i'm driving and by the way I have a big graph that i don't need/want.

Can I custom the Race Info tab? maybe using the settings file or some available feature ?

I use the race info tab as an extra-window feature, i see just numbers but they are very small and I cannot resize them.

Thank youuuuu

Hello Iko,

how can we change the text size in Race Info Tabs? i use a lot the Comparing to: fastest lap area and for example I don't use the graph at all. By the way i cannot resize sections area and i cannot change the text size (the scroll or ctrl + don't work) so i cannot read at all numbers when i'm driving and by the way I have a big graph that i don't need/want.

Can I custom the Race Info tab? maybe using the settings file or some available feature ?

I use the race info tab as an extra-window feature, i see just numbers but they are very small and I cannot resize them.

Thank youuuuu

I did remember that the text will scale, but it does not. It was most likely in one of the first 8.0 beta versions and there is no "scroll to resize" option on that page at the moment. I will think a bit for a solution for that.

For the future, maybe there could be option to "hide graphs", which would then make all the other texts bigger. I will need to think that bit more.

I use the graphs on that page to help to determine, when is time to pit (i.e. laptimes are dropping, but not too much yet).

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back