Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 8.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,
I've tried using the tool from Windows and it works beautifully. I'd like to use it from a Linux laptop. However, I'm having trouble getting it to run. This is what I get:
Code:
$ java -jar Telemetry.jar
Error: Could not find or load main class fxui.TelemetryFX
Weirdly,
Code:
$ java -classpath Telemetry.jar ui.Feed
works, but
Code:
$ java -classpath Telemetry.jar fxui.TelemetryFX
Error: Could not find or load main class fxui.TelemetryFX
doesn't.

I'm running debian, and I'm using openjdk-8 and openjfx:
Code:
$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_181"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-2~deb9u1-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Hi,

Are you still having issues on getting it run on Linux?

When looking at stuff for V9 and F1 2019, I got a solution on how to run the tool on newer Java versions. I will ship the V9 with custom OpenJDK 12 binaries with JavaFX support. If you are still having the issues, I could send you a early test version of the JDK binaries for testing. I have done quick test on my own linux box and I think the solution will also work with V8.x versions.

Cheers

Hi Iko, amazing tool, very promising screenshots :) Just tried to run it with PC2 on Windows. Works so far with private test and time attack, but unfortunately not with online events. Sometimes the Telemetry Tool hangs up, but even after restart it does not show any data... PC2 settings: UDP protocol version PC2, frequency 5 (does not work 1 as well), shared memory PC2 (does not work with "off" as well) - is this issue known? any hints to make it run for online events? Second issue: I use "PC2tuner" for damper and tyre analysis... Telemetry Tool and PC2tuner do not like each other, do not run at the same time. Any idea how to solve this?
In the name of the PC2 community thanks a lot for your support :)

Hi Iko, amazing tool, very promising screenshots :) Just tried to run it with PC2 on Windows. Works so far with private test and time attack, but unfortunately not with online events. Sometimes the Telemetry Tool hangs up, but even after restart it does not show any data... PC2 settings: UDP protocol version PC2, frequency 5 (does not work 1 as well), shared memory PC2 (does not work with "off" as well) - is this issue known? any hints to make it run for online events? Second issue: I use "PC2tuner" for damper and tyre analysis... Telemetry Tool and PC2tuner do not like each other, do not run at the same time. Any idea how to solve this?
In the name of the PC2 community thanks a lot for your support :)

1) PC2
Only UDP mode works, the shared memory does not work. Need to amend the ReadMe.txt for that.

2) PC2 online mode
If you can wait until the weekend, there will be new version. I noticed too, that the online mode was hanging the tool. I have a version in very late stages of development (last testing going on now), which will fix the online part. I have been using it last 2 weekends in PC2 online races to iron out the kinks of the PC2 data.

3) PC2 tuner
Can you change the IP port the PC2tuner uses? If yes, then you can use the Telemetry tool to direct data to that other port. Let me know and I will repost the instructions for that.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry for Codemasters F1 2018, Project Cars 2 and DiRT Rally 2.0

Hi,

One more version.

This will most likely be the last version for F1 2018. I have added some things to the packet to make sure, future users can easily start using this.

I have included Open JDK Java binaries (win, linux, mac) into the package, so there is no need to separately download Java anymore (and Oracle does not anymore distribute full package). Going forward there will always be the binaries for windows, linux and mac in the packet

Key updates/changes
  • Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a note for those having early access F1 2019. Please use the 2018 data feed for the time being. I will put out on Friday prior the public release a new version with F1 2019 release version support. This will then be in the F1 2019 mods section.
Cheers

Version 9.0 is out.

See the F1 2019 mod section.

It supports the new F1 2019 feed, but is mostly the same as the 8.6. If you are saving opponent laps, you should take that version and use the F12018 UDP feed from F1 2018 game.

8.6 will be the last F1 2018 version, but if you keep playing F1 2018, you can always update to v9 as it will work well with F1 2018 too.

Cheers

Hi Iko, really love your tool both for F1 and now also for PC2. With F1 2017 it was possible to send the telemetry to a second computer, but I haven't found a way to enable this for PC2 yet, since you can't specify an IP address in the game. Is it possible to somehow "foward" the telemetry to a different PC in the same network? would be awesome if this was possible :)

Hi Iko, really love your tool both for F1 and now also for PC2. With F1 2017 it was possible to send the telemetry to a second computer, but I haven't found a way to enable this for PC2 yet, since you can't specify an IP address in the game. Is it possible to somehow "foward" the telemetry to a different PC in the same network? would be awesome if this was possible :)

This is possible. Just needs bit of skills on editing an XML file in notepad/Notepad++

So open the settings.xml file in the Settings directory. If you do not have it there, just do a CTRL-S in the tool and it will create the settings.xml file.

By default in the settings.xml file you will see the following lines quite near the top
<!-- UDP traffic redirect options -->
<!-- UDP_1 redirect active -->
<entry key="out_1">false</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect IP -->
<entry key="out_1_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect PORT -->
<entry key="out_1_port">20776</entry>

Now you need to know the other PCs IP address. (If you do not know, run the V9 there and from the Tools/Settings open the Show my ip Address, which will show the IP address of that computer).

Now edit the Settings.xml file
<entry key="out_1">true</entry>
This enables the data forwarding. (false means feed is disabled)

Then set the IP Address
<entry key="out_1_ip">ADDRESS YOU FOUND ABOVE</entry>
If you run the other tool on the same computer, you can leave this to 127.0.0.1

Then set the Port
<entry key="out_1_port">THE PORT THE OTHER TOOL USES</entry>

And you can do the same for out_2 if you want to send data to other location too. Please note if the out address is not listening, sometimes it chokes the tool.

I have tested this from Asia to AWS instance running in Europe, so you can use this to send data over the internet to some other physical location.

This data forwarding works for all games, as the tool just takes the incoming data and sends it out without any modifications.

Cheers

Hi,

For some reason the app (which works great btw) doesn’t give the right teamname in the top (track - session - teamname). It always displays Mercedes for me, while I’m driving a Toro Rosso. I can’t seem to change that myself.

Using Xbox version of F1 2019

Is it possible to get this working with assetto corsa competizione?
Not yet.

I have looked at that, but have not done much than just looked at the feed, which is bit limited on what it provides. I bought ACC quite some time ago and did some driving on it on 1.0 version, If I remember correctly. If I get into it later, I will make the tool work with ACC too.

Cheers.

Hi,

I have now a version for ACC now in development. I got most of the things working. I expect to have later today a test version for ACC available. If you are or anyone else is interested in giving this version a go, please PM me.

Cheers.

@Iko, great tool, I use it for Dirt Rally 2.0 Rallycross lap times and sectors. Does your tool work with the 5 new Rallycross tracks which come from Seasons 1 - 4? Cheers

The 9.1 does not, but I have the files ready for a new version, which contain data for all tracks/cars up to the latest RX add-ons. These will be included into the 9.2 version.

You can download the tracks+car data separately from http://www.ikorein.com/telemetry/dirt_rally/dirt_rally_20_tracks.zip

Just unzip these to the tracks/dirt_rally directory in your Telemetry 9.x installation folder.

Cheers.

And if you have any issues with these, please let me know. I have been driving Dirt Rally 2.0, not on daily basis, but 2-3 times per week and the data here seems to work ok.

Just a note for those having early access F1 2019. Please use the 2018 data feed for the time being. I will put out on Friday prior the public release a new version with F1 2019 release version support. This will then be in the F1 2019 mods section.
Cheers

Finally got the version working with ACC. See the 9.2 download here at RaceDepartment.

Have done quite a lot of laps in online and offline races with it now during the development and testing.

Cheers.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Forum trophies