Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 8.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Application v7.0 - Telemetry for Codemasters F1 2018

Hello All,

New version for F1 2018.

This still uses the LEGACY UDP data format.

Key new things added
  • Multilap load for the Telemetry graphs
  • Track position history in race history
  • F1 2018 tracks + data added
To get this working, you need to
  • Java installed (tested on Windows, Linux & Mac), I have developed this with Java 8.181, so that version at minimum should be used
  • Modify the in-game settings to enable the Telemetry feed and set the feed to be...

Read more about this resource...

So here are the short installation instructions:
  • Have Java installed in your system (Java 1.8.181 or newer)
  • Download the .zip and unzip it to the place, where you want to have it, e.g. I have one version in C:\Bin\F12018_Telemetry
  • In the F1 2018, enable the Telemetry feed and make the format be LEGACY
  • From windows exporer, double-click the Telemetry.jar, or inside command prompt CD to the directory, where you installed the tool and run 'java -jar Telemetry.jar'
  • Start F1 2018.
  • Enjoy
And read the ReadMe.txt inside the .zip for more details.

Here are the discussion for the older versions
Cheers

Just to clarify,

You can run F1 2018 on any platform (PC, PS, Xbox) and the Telemetry on e.g. laptop. Just enable the Telemetry from the F1 2018's settings, set the right IP into the game's Telemetry settings and you are good to go.

Cheers

Hello Iko, it's nice to hear something from you again. I have tried your tool on the weekend and everything is going great. Thanks for the good job. Will we again be able to use the driver names? Best regards clintwood

Hello Iko, it's nice to hear something from you again. I have tried your tool on the weekend and everything is going great. Thanks for the good job. Will we again be able to use the driver names? Best regards clintwood

Yep. Just take the driver_ids.csv from the driver_ids directory and copy it to the same place as the Telemetry.jar. then edit the TLAs in the file. Let me know if there are any issues.

EDIT. The file attached in the package has wrong IDs. I fixed them in the attached driver_ids.txt here and will update the file in the package for the next release. Just take this file, rename it to driver_ids.csv and then put it into the same directory as Telemetry.jar file, like with the previous version.

Cheers

Attachments

• driver_ids.txt
    161 bytes · Views: 580
Last edited:
I will be making new release in the near term to fix some Codemasters F1 2018 telemetry data related changes. If you have some issues, please let me know.

Known issues, which will be fixed are
- Race History + Race lap times and Tyre history were missing player data, if in the race there were retirements
- Map also didn't draw the player's car, if there were retirements

Cheers

Hi Iko,
Thanks for your hints. I have the TLAs times supplemented with the historical drivers. Codemasters also forgot the driver "BELOUSOV (BEL) " on his page: I added the entry (ID: 37).
Best regards Clintwood

Attachments

• driver_ids.txt
    303 bytes · Views: 537
i cant get data.. i opened udp from game menü but it didnt record any thing

Check the readme for help.

First make sure, you have the tool working properly.
=> Install it, then use the 'java -classpath Telemetry.jar ui.Feed' to see, the Telemetry tool receives data over UDP.
If the data is received ok, then ensure, you have the Legacy Telemetry Feed enabled in Codemasters F1 2018. If you are running everything on the same computer, you don't need to make any other changes.
If you run the Telemetry e.g. on a laptop in the network, you need to find out the IP address for the laptop and then set the IP in the Game's Telemetry Feed settings.

But I recommend, you read first the ReadMe.txt, which was inside the .zip.

Cheers

Check the readme for help.

First make sure, you have the tool working properly.
=> Install it, then use the 'java -classpath Telemetry.jar ui.Feed' to see, the Telemetry tool receives data over UDP.
If the data is received ok, then ensure, you have the Legacy Telemetry Feed enabled in Codemasters F1 2018. If you are running everything on the same computer, you don't need to make any other changes.
If you run the Telemetry e.g. on a laptop in the network, you need to find out the IP address for the laptop and then set the IP in the Game's Telemetry Feed settings.

But I recommend, you read first the ReadMe.txt, which was inside the .zip.

Cheers
hiii.. i changed to legacy...there is no problem thanks

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application v7.0 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application v7.1 for Codemasters F1 2018

Hi,

New version of the Telemetry tool for Codemasters F1 2018.

Key fixes/changes:
  • Racehistory, fixed the graphs, as if there were retirements, player graphs were not always shown
  • Map, also here fixed the error, when player car was not shown on the map due to retirements
  • Comparison panel, added track limits to the graphs to make it easier to compare the driving lines
  • General, many optimizations + fixed sector and lap times to be exactly same...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, it could be useful for ONLINE RACES switches with a shortcut from Race Info to Race Timing and Viceversa, is there a shortcut to do that? i think it's necessary and playing online we cannot press Start and change it.
it also could be useful in Race Timing a DELTA respect to other players not only by the 1°.
The S3 column is useless because it auto-reset at the end of the sector and the final sector timing is not readable.

Hello, it could be useful for ONLINE RACES switches with a shortcut from Race Info to Race Timing and Viceversa, is there a shortcut to do that? i think it's necessary and playing online we cannot press Start and change it.
it also could be useful in Race Timing a DELTA respect to other players not only by the 1°.
The S3 column is useless because it auto-reset at the end of the sector and the final sector timing is not readable.

For the DELTA, just press key 'D' and it will show other driver's DELTA to you.

I have been thinking of creating a better 'Race' screen and have some ideas how to make it and will most likely do that at the same time I incorporate the new UDP feed to the tool.

In short term (i.e. in the current version), if you want to have two views available, here is what you can do.

Have a "main" copy, which you use for saving the data etc. and another copy, which only shows the 'Race Timing' etc. and does not save lap data etc. Here is how you can do it.

1) Create a copy of your Telemetry tool installation (in my system it is in directory out_1
2) In the original (i.e. main) version, open the settings.xml (in Settings directory) and edit is as follows:
<entry key="out_1">true</entry>
<entry key="out_1_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<entry key="out_1_port">20778</entry>
3) in the copy, set the listening port to 20778. You can use Options -> General settings to edit this and then remember to save it.

Now you could test this, by starting the main version first and then starting the copy. When you drive in the game, both should show the data from the game. What you did here, is you enabled data feed forwarding from the 'main' to the 'copy' (i.e. out_1).

4) to make the copy use less resources, you could edit the settings.xml for the 'copy'.
set the following settings
<entry key="writeLapsToFile">false</entry> this disable data file writing
You could also disable the not needed panels in the 'copy' by setting the 'show_[_]_panel' for the not needed panel to false. e.g.
<entry key="show_graphs_panel">false</entry>

Now you are good to go. I use this when I do online races, I have the 'Race Info' open in one window and and the 'Map' open on the second window.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers

PS. I do agree that the S3 is redudant. I will remove it for the upcoming version.

Hello!

Can I compare Ai laps with mine?

Helps with setup otherwise I have to wait ch them in the monitor and write down speeds at different corners

In the past (F1 2016 or ealier) this wasn't possible with the data provided. With F1 2017 I was thinking of doing speed graphs from other players with the lapdistance change + time. I was planning to do that for the 7.0, but the new feed allows more detailed data, so I will incorporate that to the tool at the same time I make it use the new UDP format.

Cheers, Iko

Hi! Great work!
I've tried out this application, and it works great in time trial. However, I'd like to use it in online races, while I'm in spectator mode (in our online racing league). Is it possible to use it that way? I've tried in public unranked matches, but it didn't work at all. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Balu

For the DELTA, just press key 'D' and it will show other driver's DELTA to you.

I have been thinking of creating a better 'Race' screen and have some ideas how to make it and will most likely do that at the same time I incorporate the new UDP feed to the tool.

In short term (i.e. in the current version), if you want to have two views available, here is what you can do.

Have a "main" copy, which you use for saving the data etc. and another copy, which only shows the 'Race Timing' etc. and does not save lap data etc. Here is how you can do it.

1) Create a copy of your Telemetry tool installation (in my system it is in directory out_1
2) In the original (i.e. main) version, open the settings.xml (in Settings directory) and edit is as follows:
<entry key="out_1">true</entry>
<entry key="out_1_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<entry key="out_1_port">20778</entry>
3) in the copy, set the listening port to 20778. You can use Options -> General settings to edit this and then remember to save it.

Now you could test this, by starting the main version first and then starting the copy. When you drive in the game, both should show the data from the game. What you did here, is you enabled data feed forwarding from the 'main' to the 'copy' (i.e. out_1).

4) to make the copy use less resources, you could edit the settings.xml for the 'copy'.
set the following settings
<entry key="writeLapsToFile">false</entry> this disable data file writing
You could also disable the not needed panels in the 'copy' by setting the 'show_[_]_panel' for the not needed panel to false. e.g.
<entry key="show_graphs_panel">false</entry>

Now you are good to go. I use this when I do online races, I have the 'Race Info' open in one window and and the 'Map' open on the second window.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers

PS. I do agree that the S3 is redudant. I will remove it for the upcoming version.

Thank you very much, now i configured 2 window and it works well.

The very big problem is the delta time in Race timing, how is it computed?

i see very strange things in this data sometimes it changes about 3/4 seconds in a turn but actually the lap time at the end is similarr. Sometimes i notices that braking i notice the delta becomes very little but it's unreal. Maybe is it based on the driver position instead of timing?

Example:

the previous driver is at 14 seconds (told by the game), sometimes it become 8/10 seconds, and later go back to 16/18 seconds and the end of the lap the real delta is always 14.

Obviously i cannot earn 6 seconds in a turn and loose 12 seconds at the next one.

Can you tell us if you had some problem or you had to do some semplification in the formula to compute the delta?

Hi! Great work!
I've tried out this application, and it works great in time trial. However, I'd like to use it in online races, while I'm in spectator mode (in our online racing league). Is it possible to use it that way? I've tried in public unranked matches, but it didn't work at all. Am I missing something?
At the moment it seems, that the Legacy feed doesn't provide data to the spectator mode. When the new feed in included, it might happen. I haven't verified it myself.

Thank you very much, now i configured 2 window and it works well.

The very big problem is the delta time in Race timing, how is it computed?

i see very strange things in this data sometimes it changes about 3/4 seconds in a turn but actually the lap time at the end is similarr. Sometimes i notices that braking i notice the delta becomes very little but it's unreal. Maybe is it based on the driver position instead of timing?

The code actually calculates the average speed for the lap (for each driver) and then uses the distance in between the drivers and the average speed to calculate the delta. I could use the average speed for the whole race for this to make it more accurate over time.

Now when I think of it, the method has issues at the start of the lap.

I seldom use it, as I use the map to see, where the cars are. I know, how it could be made better and I will look into that for upcoming versions.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years