Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 8.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Iko,
is it possible to get a Multiplayer Name Filter? For example, "[XYZ] Clintwood" => "Clintwood"? Best regards and Happy Easter
Clintwood
Hi,

Do you mean, that there would be 1) way to show different names in the tool, like there is the option to change the TLAs or 2) somehow drop a part of the text from the game name?

1) is easy, i.e. I could add to the TLA list also name field, which would in the tool replace the name, which the game sends out.
2) requires more work, as there would need to be way to add the filter and then enable it, i.e. is is negative filter (i.e. remove certain text) or only show certain text and the work around that.

Cheers

Hi,
I mean the point 2). eg: full name before: "[XYZ] Clintwood": The race timing tab says "[XYZ". If you drive in a league called "XYZ" and the drivers have a drivertag ("[XYZ]"), the same name always appears in the table ... Here is a suggestion:
drivertag.jpg

Hi,
I mean the point 2). eg: full name before: "[XYZ] Clintwood": The race timing tab says "[XYZ". If you drive in a league called "XYZ" and the drivers have a drivertag ("[XYZ]"), the same name always appears in the table ... Here is a suggestion:
View attachment 302188

Ok. So all drivers have the tag "[XYZ]" and you would want that to be removed from the tool, when it displays the drivers names or only for yourself? So a "general filter", which removes some text from all driver names would be needed? Might not be widely needed though.

I have in development something, where you can rename the game's drivers inside the tool. So if you have always same drivers in your league assigned to same real-life drivers, then that would solve your issue.

Cheers

no, that will not solve my problem. And the "global renaming" with the help of a file I suggested you anyway.
Maybe you can solve it that way?
Code:
key = '[XYZ] ';
string = string.replace((new RegExp(key,"g")), "");

Hi,
I've tried using the tool from Windows and it works beautifully. I'd like to use it from a Linux laptop. However, I'm having trouble getting it to run. This is what I get:
Code:
$ java -jar Telemetry.jar
Error: Could not find or load main class fxui.TelemetryFX
Weirdly,
Code:
$ java -classpath Telemetry.jar ui.Feed
works, but
Code:
$ java -classpath Telemetry.jar fxui.TelemetryFX
doesn't.

I'm running debian, and I'm using openjdk-8 and openjfx:
Code:
$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_181"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-2~deb9u1-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Hi,
I've tried using the tool from Windows and it works beautifully. I'd like to use it from a Linux laptop. However, I'm having trouble getting it to run. This is what I get:
Code:
$ java -jar Telemetry.jar
Weirdly,
Code:
$ java -classpath Telemetry.jar ui.Feed
works, but
Code:
$ java -classpath Telemetry.jar fxui.TelemetryFX
doesn't.

I'm running debian, and I'm using openjdk-8 and openjfx:
Code:
$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_181"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-2~deb9u1-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

The new version uses JavaFx, so it must be enabled. I have used Oracle Jre on Linux too as it includes javafx. I think on Linux you can enable javafx with openjdk. I havent done thatmyself,but i think someone wrote the instructions in the 6.x branch pages.

For the future, I will move to openjdk and will ship/provide the java binaries too, so this issue will not be there on the 9.x branch for F1 2019.

Hello! First of all, great app. Love it so far.

I'm experiencing an extremely frustrating problem though. I can't save opponents' laps. I've tried a lot of things but for some reason they don't show up in the opponents_laps folder. I've tried races and TTs with no result. I enabled error logging but nothing is showing up.

Is there a trick to getting the app to save opponents' laps?

I'm experiencing an extremely frustrating problem though. I can't save opponents' laps. I've tried a lot of things but for some reason they don't show up in the opponents_laps folder. I've tried races and TTs with no result. I enabled error logging but nothing is showing up.

What is the setting in the Tools -> General Settings in the 'Which opponent laps to save'? I would put it to 'all'. Also make sure you have the 'Track and save race data' selected. The first sets the opponent lap saving, the second if data from AI/Opponents is saved/processed.

Cheers

One more thing is that if in Time Trial you don't have ghosts visible, there is no data for them, thus the ghost laps don't get saved. If you are like me, i.e. in TT don't drive with ghosts on, one option is to drive few laps with ghosts on, then hide them, when you have the data. And again if you beat the ghost, then make it visible for few laps to get the data and then hide the ghosts again.

You can also use the Ghost lap as reference lap to compare against your own lap. It is bit 'blocky', but still gives a good idea, where the ghost did brake, which gear it was on and what was the racing line it took. So pretty handy when you push higher in the leaderboard.

And the saved opponent laps can also be used as reference. This is handy e.g. if you race against the higher level AI. You can get their laps and see, where you are losing time to them, if you want to be able to beat the AI at 110.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry for Codemasters F1 2018, Project Cars 2 and DiRT Rally 2.0

Hello,

New version is here. It took much longer, than I expected it to take.

Key new features:
  • Works now with Project cars 2, limited opponent data. Not all tracks have trackmap, but if you drive in those tracks, the tool will create a simple trackmap based on your lap and next time you return to the track, the tool will be using that trackmap.
  • Works now with DiRT Rally 2.0, opponent data not available. Trackmap only for RX tracks, for others the tool will rely...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've got an interesting issue. In 8.5, when in a race, other drivers will not be listed in the Race Timing tab. They'll all start there at the start of the race, then as the race progresses, some of the drivers will go missing. At the last race, I was the only driver in the table. In the current race, half of the field is missing. I noticed it both times when a section of the track was yellow because of a retirement.

When I switch to 8.0 (which I still have), everyone is there.

F1 2018 PS4, Macbook

I've got an interesting issue. In 8.5, when in a race, other drivers will not be listed in the Race Timing tab. They'll all start there at the start of the race, then as the race progresses, some of the drivers will go missing. At the last race, I was the only driver in the table. In the current race, half of the field is missing. I noticed it both times when a section of the track was yellow because of a retirement.

When I switch to 8.0 (which I still have), everyone is there.

F1 2018 PS4, Macbook

Do you have debug feed of that race? Is this online or offline race? How about the map, do they disappear from there too? Or the opponent data pane? What does the Race History show?

If you have no debug feed of that, I would love to get one where the issue happends, if this thing persists. You can enable the debug feed from the baseSettings.xml file.

In general, if the game sends the 'invalid' flag for the driver or the track position is 0 or below, they get dropped from the Race Timing. So if the data got messed up, this can happen. I have seen few times, that during the online race the data just gets messed up. I haven't seen it lately though.

Do you have debug feed of that race? Is this online or offline race? How about the map, do they disappear from there too? Or the opponent data pane? What does the Race History show?

If you have no debug feed of that, I would love to get one where the issue happends, if this thing persists. You can enable the debug feed from the baseSettings.xml file.

I was racing offline, Mexico and Brazil, as part of my career.

I did look at the map in Mexico, and all of the racers were there, including those who retired (in the pits). The one thing I noticed about Mexico is that the in-game track showed a yellow section long after the stricken car was removed from the track; I don't know if that means anything re: Telemetry (as if there's some bug in the game). That didn't happen, as I recall, in Brazil. In Brazil, after switching to 8.0, occasionally the Race Timing would flash some incorrect info where every driver was momentarily considered the leader, but then it quickly sorted itself out again; faulty info being sent from the game?

8.0 worked perfectly in Abu Dhabi.

I don't have a debug feed, but I'll enable it next time I try 8.5.

how do i make it to work as a spectator/commentator?

Have you tried it yourself? I.e. do normal install and make sure it works with the game in normal use. Then join a lobby as spectator. I haven't tried that myself. I need to test it.

In general the game should send the same data to a spectator, as it does for the player. And you can choose from my tool, which player's data you are spectating. If it works out of box, you can see in the driver and raw data tabs the data from specific driver.

But if you can test it, it would be great. I can do testing later this week, when I have bit extra time at hand.

Cheers

Have you tried it yourself? I.e. do normal install and make sure it works with the game in normal use. Then join a lobby as spectator. I haven't tried that myself. I need to test it.

In general the game should send the same data to a spectator, as it does for the player. And you can choose from my tool, which player's data you are spectating. If it works out of box, you can see in the driver and raw data tabs the data from specific driver.

But if you can test it, it would be great. I can do testing later this week, when I have bit extra time at hand.

Cheers
i have tried it and it doesnt work

i have tried it and it doesnt work

I see two easy ways to do this
1) One of the participants will run my tool on their computer and then set the out_1 to point to your location's IP address and you run my tool there. You will get the data from the person, but can access the data for all participants, which would be available through the stream
or
2) One of the participants puts in their game Telemetry settings your location's IP address as the target for the UDP feed. This will work over the internet. One team in eSports did this last year and I fixed the network part to work well over the internet.

For getting the tool work directly as a spectator, I will need to see how that can be done and how much time it takes. If it is not a simple thing and will require bit changes in the code, then it will have to wait after F1 2019 release. My focus is on the drivers and making the better.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back