Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 8.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's possible to run the telemetry in a different network of the game?

I haven't tried it, but I guess you might be able to do that. The traffic is UDP, so if the distance is long the packets might be messed up. With the old system it was more critical, but with new feed it might be better. If your are going to do that, please let me know the results. I could add some stuff on the receiving end to handle the possible loss of packets. And maybe running a VPN tunnel between the networks might handle some of the issues.

I know that some people are running the Telemetry inside the network, but log into the computer running Telemetry from the Internet. Of course in real life the data is sent to the factory using dedicated network, but in the realm of this game that might be overkill, except maybe for the eSport teams.

Cheers

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application v8.0 for Codemasters F1 2018

Hi,

Finally this is in stage, I can put it out.

The new version uses the new 2018 feed from the game.

The tool looks bit the same, but many things have changed, notably:
  • UI written totally new. This is the first step and now it will be easier further develop this tool
    • Tabs are gone, but you can open the different tabs in new windows (see picture below
    • The main screen can be changed from controller, the button can be modified from settings
    • You can run it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I haven't tried it, but I guess you might be able to do that. The traffic is UDP, so if the distance is long the packets might be messed up. With the old system it was more critical, but with new feed it might be better. If your are going to do that, please let me know the results. I could add some stuff on the receiving end to handle the possible loss of packets. And maybe running a VPN tunnel between the networks might handle some of the issues.

I know that some people are running the Telemetry inside the network, but log into the computer running Telemetry from the Internet. Of course in real life the data is sent to the factory using dedicated network, but in the realm of this game that might be overkill, except maybe for the eSport teams.

Cheers
I'll try first with public IP to see if it works

For the new 8.0, there are some settings, you might want to check.

If you go to the menu 'Tools' --> 'General Settings', it opens this box.

v8_settings_for_public_v2_with_notes.png

1) is the place, where you can set the CPU usage, if you want to limit how much CPU the tool uses. On my main desktop (I7-6850), I can keep the slider all the way to the left, when I driver around. On my old laptop with two cores and a slow old laptop process, I can keep it at midway, but it still uses some 50% of CPU, pulling slider more to right reduces the load significantly.

2) The tool keeps track of cars timing at certain intervals. You can adjust the accuracy here. Again with a beefy computer, you can keep it to the left. It uses bit more memory, but not significantly more. The accuracy has effect on how much in the 'Race History' the 'Diff to leader' graphs take to draw.

3) If you want to save telemetry from your opponents (online or offline), you can enable it here, by default is is 'None'. Please note that this might fill your disk quickly, if you run many races. The files are named <Track>_<Laptime>_<Date>_<Opponent_TLA>.csv so you can have many similar laptimes stored.

4) You can set your own TLA here, if you want.

5) The default graphs used in the tool. If you tend to e.g. always just look only e.g. at the Previous Lap, you can set it here.

And above 4 you can set the controller key, which changes the view.

Cheers

Last edited:
Your job is amazing! Any way to see the DELTA from my best lap? Just like in qualifying you see the delta down your lap time or anytime during the race looking at the game's steering wheel. Using cockpit camera makes it easier to look. Hope you can add this in the future if its not in thin the game. Cheerz

Your job is amazing! Any way to see the DELTA from my best lap? Just like in qualifying you see the delta down your lap time or anytime during the race looking at the game's steering wheel. Using cockpit camera makes it easier to look. Hope you can add this in the future if its not in thin the game. Cheerz

If you have the Race Info screen open and the ’BLUE LAP’ is set to fastest, then delta, both time and speed, are against the fastest lap.

Cheers

Thanks for this...i want to use it with my online practice race to see my friends gas and brake graphic ...is it possible ..

Thanks for this...i want to use it with my online practice race to see my friends gas and brake graphic ...is it possible ..

Yes. Set the ’save opponent laps’ to all, and then all their laps are stored to the opponent_laps directory and you can later compare their laps to your laps, best or any other lap. The files names have track name, laptime, date and TLA derived from the name. The data has key controls, speed, throttle, brake, steer and DRS + some other data, which is provided from the game.

You can open any of these laps with the CTRL-O and browsing to the opponent_laps directory, then selecting the desired lap.

Cheers.

To get data from PS4 or Xbox, it works the same way as with PC.

You only have to find out, what is the IP address where you are running the Telemetry tool.

Cheers.

Could it be possible to make the cursor on the telemetry graph draggable?

Also is it possible to zoom in on a specific point on the telemetry? As it is now, at least what I have notice for me, when zooming it only zooms towards the start of the telemetry, and the rest of the lap disappears without being able to scroll forward.

And thirdly, is it possible to save an entire race info, timings, progression etc. as one file to analyze the entire race afterwards. It seems to only save each lap separably.
Right now I am using another app for that, but it would be great if it was included here as well.

In any case, this is a great software, keep up the good work :)

If you have the Race Info screen open and the ’BLUE LAP’ is set to fastest, then delta, both time and speed, are against the fastest lap.

Cheers
Nope. It just doesn't say if im beating my lap or not. What I wanna see is if i'm beating my best lap on the race. Just like in qualy. The delta shown in Race Info says "to front".

Nope. It just doesn't say if im beating my lap or not. What I wanna see is if i'm beating my best lap on the race. Just like in qualy. The delta shown in Race Info says "to front".

Hi, you are looking at the wrong delta.

v8_Time_delta.png

The delta (against selected blue lap), is the one above, the left-most item. I.e. it shows, if you are faster (in terms of time and in terms of speed) at that point compared to the blue lap.

Cheers.

Could it be possible to make the cursor on the telemetry graph draggable?

Also is it possible to zoom in on a specific point on the telemetry? As it is now, at least what I have notice for me, when zooming it only zooms towards the start of the telemetry, and the rest of the lap disappears without being able to scroll forward.

And thirdly, is it possible to save an entire race info, timings, progression etc. as one file to analyze the entire race afterwards. It seems to only save each lap separably.
Right now I am using another app for that, but it would be great if it was included here as well.

In any case, this is a great software, keep up the good work :)

I will check, if I can make the telemetry graph draggable. At the moment
  • Mouse scroll zooms
  • CTRL+Mouse scroll moves the graph left or right.
For zooming the telemetry, I am checking, how I can make the zoom to center on the cursor. I think that is the best option for the zoom.

For saving the entire race, at the moment the tool can save laptimes for the race, I was thinking of adding the wheel data to that, but could maybe also add the position on that lap, which might be beneficial.

If you really want to "redo the race", you can do that already now. To do a 'data replay',
  • In BaseSettings.xml, set the 'writeServerDebug' to true.
  • This creates to the base of the data directory file 'debug_data_F12018_FEED.csv' file.
  • Then you can use the ui.Feed (see Readme.txt for details) to run the recorded game data inside the Telemetry tool. If you recorded e.g. a race, you can now see exactly, what happened during the race, even stop it, make it run bit faster/slower, look at the telemetry of the other cars (steer/speed/gear etc), select a opponent lap as BLUE LINE reference lap etc.
  • I use this in development, I have few 50% races, few 10 race online sessions etc. saved, which I then run on super fast to see, if the tool works correctly after some code changes.
Cheers

I will check, if I can make the telemetry graph draggable. At the moment
  • Mouse scroll zooms
  • CTRL+Mouse scroll moves the graph left or right.
For zooming the telemetry, I am checking, how I can make the zoom to center on the cursor. I think that is the best option for the zoom.

For saving the entire race, at the moment the tool can save laptimes for the race, I was thinking of adding the wheel data to that, but could maybe also add the position on that lap, which might be beneficial.

If you really want to "redo the race", you can do that already now. To do a 'data replay',
  • In BaseSettings.xml, set the 'writeServerDebug' to true.
  • This creates to the base of the data directory file 'debug_data_F12018_FEED.csv' file.
  • Then you can use the ui.Feed (see Readme.txt for details) to run the recorded game data inside the Telemetry tool. If you recorded e.g. a race, you can now see exactly, what happened during the race, even stop it, make it run bit faster/slower, look at the telemetry of the other cars (steer/speed/gear etc), select a opponent lap as BLUE LINE reference lap etc.
  • I use this in development, I have few 50% races, few 10 race online sessions etc. saved, which I then run on super fast to see, if the tool works correctly after some code changes.
Cheers
Brilliant, thanks.
CTRL+Mouse scroll, a bit clunky, but works. zoom to center on cursor, would be amazing.

Data replay, sounds interesting. Must try it.

Brilliant, thanks.
CTRL+Mouse scroll, a bit clunky, but works. zoom to center on cursor, would be amazing.

Data replay, sounds interesting. Must try it.

If you try it, from the 'F1 Data Feed Tester' in the pulldown select 'DEBUG_FEED_2018' and then from the 'File' -> 'Open File' (CTRL-O also works) browse to the place, where you have the data file and open the debug file.

The 'Sleep' determines, how fast the data is fed to the tool, 1ms is ok, even 0ms, but for a normal replay, maybe 20ms is good speed.

And if Telemetry tool runs on the same computer with default settings (port 20777 on localhost), then the other settings can be left as they are.

Cheers.

can i see the telemetry screen on my mobile .. i tried everything but i cant get the data .. can you explain how does it make?

can i see the telemetry screen on my mobile .. i tried everything but i cant get the data .. can you explain how does it make?

You do it like this:
1) Have working Telemetry tool installation, i.e. you receive data to the tool
2) Via 'Tools' - 'General Settings', enable HTTP server and make it accept remote connections and restart the Telemetry tool.
3) Now you need to know the IP address, where you run the Telemetry tool. E.g. on Windows you can find it with 'ipconfig' command or from the networking. Typically it is something like 192.168.0.xxx.
4) Open the webbrowser in your mobile phone and type in a url <ip address of Telemetry found in 3)>:8002/phone, e.g. 192.168.0.101:8002/phone
5) You should now see in the middle the friction circle, on top (or on right) time and speed delta + laptime and on bottom (or left) revs, throttle and brake.
This is quite simple view on the data

If you have a tablet, you could use 192.168.0.101:8002/tablet which has bit more data on the screen.

Cheers

You do it like this:
1) Have working Telemetry tool installation, i.e. you receive data to the tool
2) Via 'Tools' - 'General Settings', enable HTTP server and make it accept remote connections and restart the Telemetry tool.
3) Now you need to know the IP address, where you run the Telemetry tool. E.g. on Windows you can find it with 'ipconfig' command or from the networking. Typically it is something like 192.168.0.xxx.
4) Open the webbrowser in your mobile phone and type in a url <ip address of Telemetry found in 3)>:8002/phone, e.g. 192.168.0.101:8002/phone
5) You should now see in the middle the friction circle, on top (or on right) time and speed delta + laptime and on bottom (or left) revs, throttle and brake.
This is quite simple view on the data

If you have a tablet, you could use 192.168.0.101:8002/tablet which has bit more data on the screen.

Cheers
im very pleased with you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back