Cars Super GT Central- Chivas Autoart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the real car so grippy?

I haven't driven the mod yet, so I don't know how accurate it is, but keep in mind that the GT500 class in SuperGT is not at all similar to any other GT series.

For instance, GT3, which are very well stuck to the track, currently forms a good portion of the slower GT class in the Super GT championship, and are considerably slower than the GT500 cars.

Obviously they've gotten quicker since the year of this Supra, but current GT500 cars run laptimes somewhere between current LMP1 and LMP2 cars. They're said to be about the pace of the non-hybrid LMP1 cars last season.

So, in short, they fast.

I've identified several issues with the aero which should be fixed early next week, was gonna do it this weekend but mothers day is suddenly mothers weekend in this household.

The ai has been fixed as well so they should be much faster and not struggle to shift in more technical circuits(they shift at 6500rpm instead of 7500rpm)

Charles is working hard on the model changes and expect massive optimization jumps in the performance with the update due to the advice of several members here.

Patch will be out next week, and due to the aero changes the car will be a few hundredths slower so clock is ticking to beat Mitja's time.

Last edited:
A little W.I.P of what I've been working on From the chivas_nissan_bnr34_jgtc_gt500_03 mod.
upload_2018-5-7_20-53-2.png

Is the real car so grippy?
I'm not a physics master but I have heard/read about SuperGT extensively, and many have said that the GT500 class is of the, if not THE fastest tin top, non-prototype series out there. Completely focused on lateral G-forces, the body's are designed for excessive aero, much beyond Grand Touring series.

A video of Suzuka GT500 really gives you an idea of how unbelievably grippy they are. It almost doesn't look like real life once they are warmed up.

I'm not a physics master but I have heard/read about SuperGT extensively, and many have said that the GT500 class is of the, if not THE fastest tin top, non-prototype series out there. Completely focused on lateral G-forces, the body's are designed for excessive aero, much beyond Grand Touring series.

A video of Suzuka GT500 really gives you an idea of how unbelievably grippy they are. It almost doesn't look like real life once they are warmed up.
Its because they are prototypes they are because up there with the 2013-2017 lmp1 non hybrids.

There was talk about having a round with the current SuperGT car line up to race with the DTM series. The only way this would be even considered would be the two series are quite comparable. It hasn't come to past but it gives you some idea on there grip levels. Most know that the DTM's with their aero package are very quick with high grip. But this is "current" cars. The late 90's early 2000 cars would have been the most aero packed tin top series in the world. Even DTM didn't have the extent of aero at the time.

The cars are low slung and known as wide body. Wider wheel base, low center of gravity, high downforce wings and wide slick tyres. = high corner speeds.

There was talk about having a round with the current SuperGT car line up to race with the DTM series. The only way this would be even considered would be the two series are quite comparable. It hasn't come to past but it gives you some idea on there grip levels. Most know that the DTM's with their aero package are very quick with high grip.

Current SuperGT cars are quite a bit faster than current DTM cars. They use the same basic tub and broadly similar rules, but SuperGT cars make more power and have more downforce.

Current consensus is that a 2017/2018 SuperGT GT500 car is somewhere between a current P2 and current P1 car. If WEC gets a dry race at Fuji this year we'll have some proper comparisons to make, finally. There's no doubts that they're quicker than P2.

As mentioned, though, that's the current crop of cars. These older ones are definitely slower; but they're still damn fast by GT car standards. JGTC always had more focus on downforce than on straight line speed.

Was watching the race on Friday at Fuji, in the race some cars of GT500 went a tad over 300km/h! Incredible. Depends on the aero package, since all Nissans were way the slowest considering top speeds, but overall, we know who won :)
Indeed, GT500 cars are superior over DTM for quite some margin (an example, last year at last race of dtm season at Hockenheim, where GT500 cars were invited for some lap, for fans and for reporters, lexus put easy a lap of 1.25 - 1.26, while pole at DTM wad 1.30. So we can see the huge difgerence.
I think these 2 series will never race together, specially now when Berger is not doing his job, and lots of ppl are unhappy about it.
Anyway, looking forward to these gt500 monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back