Cars Super GT Central- Chivas Autoart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching the race on Friday at Fuji, in the race some cars of GT500 went a tad over 300km/h! Incredible. Depends on the aero package, since all Nissans were way the slowest considering top speeds, but overall, we know who won :)
Indeed, GT500 cars are superior over DTM for quite some margin (an example, last year at last race of dtm season at Hockenheim, where GT500 cars were invited for some lap, for fans and for reporters, lexus put easy a lap of 1.25 - 1.26, while pole at DTM wad 1.30. So we can see the huge difgerence.
I think these 2 series will never race together, specially now when Berger is not doing his job, and lots of ppl are unhappy about it.
Anyway, looking forward to these gt500 monsters.
+ this year might be the last season for DTM anyway. Mercedes won't participate in 2019 and there isn't much interest anymore.

Was watching the race on Friday at Fuji, in the race some cars of GT500 went a tad over 300km/h! Incredible. Depends on the aero package, since all Nissans were way the slowest considering top speeds, but overall, we know who won :)
Indeed, GT500 cars are superior over DTM for quite some margin (an example, last year at last race of dtm season at Hockenheim, where GT500 cars were invited for some lap, for fans and for reporters, lexus put easy a lap of 1.25 - 1.26, while pole at DTM wad 1.30. So we can see the huge difgerence.
I think these 2 series will never race together, specially now when Berger is not doing his job, and lots of ppl are unhappy about it.
Anyway, looking forward to these gt500 monsters.
Doesnt help that DTM just took off more aero parts so they are likely slower. But I dont follow that series so im not sure by what margin.

Forgot to say, in my opinion, DTM races are more excited, specially because of one tire nanufactuter, and even less room for adjustments for all of 3 cars.
Altgough my heart belongs to japanese :D:)

Forgot to say, in my opinion, DTM races are more excited, specially because of one tire nanufactuter, and even less room for adjustments for all of 3 cars.
Altgough my heart belongs to japanese :D:)
DTM is a snooze fest who's results are decided more in board room meetings than on track. Its advertised like mad as its the last series German manufacturers can invest into without fear of losing against any "foreign" competitor. Same reason the Super GT merger was never gonna happen, too much fear of ending up behind Lexus or Honda even (*gasp*) on the podium. All produced for an audience that still believes that whatever runs on track there is remotely similar to the car they have in their driveway.

DTM is a snooze fest who's results are decided more in board room meetings than on track. Its advertised like mad as its the last series German manufacturers can invest into without fear of losing against any "foreign" competitor. Same reason the Super GT merger was never gonna happen, too much fear of ending up behind Lexus or Honda even (*gasp*) on the podium. All produced for an audience that still believes that whatever runs on track there is remotely similar to the car they have in their driveway.
it shocks me that dtm exists tbh. Its more expensive to run and buy compared to an lmp2, you get fewer races, updates are more often which is even more money, less options of where to race, no progression scheme or benefits for winning eg winning dtm doesnt give you a ticket to le mans, barely any options for when you want to sell your car because for example no series is running 2014 spec dtm cars but there are plenty of places to find a oreca 05 still running. Reminds of wtcc which recently died, it just confuses me.

That's cos you ain't German! :roflmao:

It ain't meant as a feeder series to Le Mans or F1.

It's meant to showcase the brands and to entertain the people.
Simple as that.

Last edited:
That's cos you ain't German! :roflmao:

It ain't meant as a feeder series to Le Mans or F1.

It's meant to showcase the brands and to entertain the people.
Simple as that.
Yee, but it could be much more. You see to where it all came?! Might be the end of it. I love dtm, i am going every sinlge year for the last 6 years on Red Bull Ring, this year maybe even in Misano. Have you heard what Glock said to Mercedes? Its the truth. The problem is exactly what you have stated, its too much just for it self. Should and must be more in order to survive.

Cars from the mod available via the link on the first page.
It's the same liveries but I've re-built them and replaced the originals. Much more accurate.
Also added textures, + Maps two a number of textures to reduce the chrome, shine on parts like the carbon in and out. Rollcage and a few other things.

upload_2018-5-13_11-56-7.png

upload_2018-5-13_11-57-6.png

upload_2018-5-13_11-58-30.png

upload_2018-5-13_11-59-7.png

upload_2018-5-13_12-1-46.png

I think he redid them himself. Anyways once n24 finishes I'll throw up some teaser shots to get that dopamine train running again. Theres a few minor delays for reasons outside of our control but I think some good content will be arriving this summer and this autumn.

Ok i'll break my own rule, heres a teaser.

dbbabab19060fc7aefdddd43d595c6b8.png

0aae6e4763a8bd210f333b0c009c7e53.png

Together with the team, or you are on your own?
ATM, On my own. Though I have been a team member of ORSM, The US Pits and Mak-corp. The most resent work but not as a member was with Enduracers. I have contributed just over 60 liveries for the latest endurance mod release.

I personally love these JGTC cars, specially the late 90's and early 2000. Would love to get my hands on the 1999 Nissan pictured here. The amount of liveries more suited to it are far greater then the three for the 2003 version. Have been waiting for someone to bring good quality models to either rFactor, rFactor2 or here at AC for over 20 years. There has been a few releases but the cars bad mapping and missing paintable parts made them not worth the time required to make good accurate liveries and complete ones. It gets a little tiresome getting the same old Euro trash like Ferrari, McLaren type rubbish we keep getting over and over again.

As I said, I only hope that the mapping it done far better then we've seen in the past and parts are not left out that normally carry sponsor logos and in some cases are pained, not just carbon fibre.

ATM, On my own. Though I have been a team member of ORSM, The US Pits and Mak-corp. The most resent work but not as a member was with Enduracers. I have contributed just over 60 liveries for the latest endurance mod release.

I personally love these JGTC cars, specially the late 90's and early 2000. Would love to get my hands on the 1999 Nissan pictured here. The amount of liveries more suited to it are far greater then the three for the 2003 version. Have been waiting for someone to bring good quality models to either rFactor, rFactor2 or here at AC for over 20 years. There has been a few releases but the cars bad mapping and missing paintable parts made them not worth the time required to make good accurate liveries and complete ones. It gets a little tiresome getting the same old Euro trash like Ferrari, McLaren type rubbish we keep getting over and over again.

As I said, I only hope that the mapping it done far better then we've seen in the past and parts are not left out that normally carry sponsor logos and in some cases are pained, not just carbon fibre.
None of the current team made that nissan skyline 2003 model, the modeller isnt interested in it so its not really something we have played much focus on. A patch will improve it however we are more focused putting the effort on the cars where the modellers are active, it makes it a quicker process to patch problems and have better interaction between the modeller and the public where as the skyline would require permission for us to edit, feedback will be hard etc etc. Its unfortunate but not everything goes smoothly.

I'd expect the 2005 grid to fill out first and I'd expect the ability to paint accurate liveries will not be hampered by missing parts or warping.

Ok so in that case would it be allowable for me to change the textures in the Kn5 or the default textures if you like and add the updated file to the skins download/install? I can also add all required templates, wireframes to the install.

Isn't the 2005 season the one were Nissan ran that fugly thing the called a Fairlady Z? That would be crying shame really! That thing hurt Nissan sales at the time. Shame it may do the same here.

Last edited:
Ok so in that case would it be allowable for me to change the textures in the Kn5 or the default textures if you like and add the updated file to the skins download/install? I can also add all required templates, wireframes to the install.

Isn't the 2005 season the one were Nissan ran that fugly thing the called a Fairlady Z? That would be crying shame really! That thing hurt Nissan sales at the time. Shame it may do the same here.
I'll have to ask Charles since im a bit unsure about that one, as for the fairlady z yes it was ran but i cant comment on it being ugly or not lol.

I feel like this is the wrong approach to be heard here lol
Running gear of the Z and the R34 were probably the same anyway, V6 turbo (yes, it did not have a RB-based powerplant), before Nissan went to a V8 basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes