Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello @Peter Boese oese. I have issues with sol and pure, no matter what I tried I have loss of around 30-40 fps with your mods. No matter what I tried it's the same. There are two particular scenarios when fps loss is really evident.
First when I wait for lights to turn green there is sudden fps loss and goes up again but it's not like without it. Second scenario is when entering first corner of the race, fps go down to 30 fps and screen freezes for a bit. If I remove sol or oure there are stabe fps with csp installed and never encounter such scenarios.
Again I tried even set default controller in weather fx but with sol/pure installed I get these issues. What can be done? Please I like Pure a lot and it's a must for me but I can't enjoy it this way. If it helps, my soecs are i5 9600k, 1660ti, 16gb ram. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hello @Peterboese. I have issues with sol and pure, no matter what I tried I have loss of around 30-40 fps with your mods. No matter what I tried it's the same. There are two particular scenarios when fps loss is really evident.
First when I wait for lights to turn green there is sudden fps loss and goes up again but it's not like without it. Second scenario is when entering first corner of the race, fps go down to 30 fps and screen freezes for a bit. If I remove sol or oure there are stabe fps with csp installed and never encounter such scenarios.
Again I tried even set default controller in weather fx but with sol/pure installed I get these issues. What can be done? Please I like Pure a lot and it's a must for me but I can't enjoy it this way. If it helps, my soecs are i5 9600k, 1660ti, 16gb ram. Thank you :)
If you set weather script to base/default, is it different?

Actually if you set the "default" script Sol or Pure are not running.
How did you install Pure? There are some reports, if it not installed right, it has a crazy fps loss.
Have you some apps open, if you Sol or Pure?
I did "clean" install of AC. Install csp. Then manually copy all 4 folders from pure to ac root folder. Then enable the sol app in apps menu and set weather controller. I really don't know why is that happening...

I'm running a separate PC for streaming AC races (using https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/streaming-sweet.33108/). This PC has a separate AC license with up-to-date Content manager, CSP, Sol etc installed.

I'm having an issue where the time of day in races changes very quickly causing shadows racing across the track, brief bursts of darkness and other weird daylight effects. See an example here
There are other examples later in the race.

I have tried a clean install of Sol but still have the problem.

Any ideas gratefully considered.

I'm running a separate PC for streaming AC races (using https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/streaming-sweet.33108/). This PC has a separate AC license with up-to-date Content manager, CSP, Sol etc installed.

I'm having an issue where the time of day in races changes very quickly causing shadows racing across the track, brief bursts of darkness and other weird daylight effects. See an example here
There are other examples later in the race.

I have tried a clean install of Sol but still have the problem.

Any ideas gratefully considered.
Maybe just set the time multiplier to 1 then.
1677158252193.png

Last edited:
@Peter Boese I wrote few days back about the issues I had with fps while using sol/pure. I found the issue! actually sol planner is causing that fps loss. Before the race start fps from 120+ make sudden drop to 30-40fps also when lights go green there is huge drop even screen freezes for a sec. I disabled sol planner in content manager/ac/apps and this issue is gone. Tell me do I miss something if I keep sol planner off? I don`t need to change weather in real time or use weather plans. Thank you :)

@Peter Boese I wrote few days back about the issues I had with fps while using sol/pure. I found the issue! actually sol planner is causing that fps loss. Before the race start fps from 120+ make sudden drop to 30-40fps also when lights go green there is huge drop even screen freezes for a sec. I disabled sol planner in content manager/ac/apps and this issue is gone. Tell me do I miss something if I keep sol planner off? I don`t need to change weather in real time or use weather plans. Thank you :)
Than just leave it off. Those python apps don't realy work great. In the near future i will release an own app for Pure (Pure Planner), which is LUA based and so it works much more efficient. Sorry for the trouble!

Last edited:
Its just the synchronizing of you AC ingame time and the server AC time, which can be slow somethimes.
Thanks again. Is there anything I can do on my AC client or on the server to eliminate this problem? It would be OK if there was a one-time sync at the start. It looks like I'm continuously trying to get sync but it never gets there, hence the repetition of the rapid day/night transitions.

Than just leave it off. Those python apps don't realy work great. In the near future i will release an own app for Pure (Pure Planner), which is LUA based and so it works much more efficient. Sorry for the trouble!
Hey Peter, after long testing and trying to find what cause fps drops for me I realised that it was the sky clouds render. I left Pure and installed SOL becouse it has much more options in sol config. When I change 3d clouds to default 2d I see big boost in fps like using stock assetto corsa weather system but with more weather options, even rain fx is not that demanding like using it with 3d clouds!
Now is it possible to use 3d clouds and lower the "weight" on fps? I guess Pure is the answer becouse it uses skydomes but with Pure I have that fps dip like using 3d clouds in SOL and pure config is not that rich in options like sol config. What can I do to get rid of this dip in fps, can I use 3d clouds and somehow fix this in sol/pure config? Thanks :)

Hey Peter, after long testing and trying to find what cause fps drops for me I realised that it was the sky clouds render. I left Pure and installed SOL becouse it has much more options in sol config. When I change 3d clouds to default 2d I see big boost in fps like using stock assetto corsa weather system but with more weather options, even rain fx is not that demanding like using it with 3d clouds!
Now is it possible to use 3d clouds and lower the "weight" on fps? I guess Pure is the answer becouse it uses skydomes but with Pure I have that fps dip like using 3d clouds in SOL and pure config is not that rich in options like sol config. What can I do to get rid of this dip in fps, can I use 3d clouds and somehow fix this in sol/pure config? Thanks :)
Actually if you use the "clouds render method" 1 in Pure (Pure Config app "clouds" tab), then you should have the most fps you will get with a weather script. It even should be better than Sol's 2d clouds mode.

So the question is, why you have this big loss of fps, even if you switch to Pure's skydomes.
Did you already switch to the "skydomes" mode?

In Pure you can also use the quality presets to lower the 3d clouds heaviness. You can adjust the quality and distance values yourself too.

Just have a look in the Pure Config app.

Last edited:
Actually if you use the "clouds render method" 1 in Pure (Pure Config app "clouds" tab), then you should have the most fps you will get with a weather script. It even should be better than Sol's 2d clouds mode.

So the question is, why you have this big loss of fps, even if you switch to Pure's skydomes.
Did you already switch to the "skydomes" mode?

In Pure you can also use the quality presets to lower the 3d clouds heaviness. You can adjust the quality and distance values yourself too.

Just have a look in the Pure Config app.
If i remember correctly with latest Pure skydomes are enabled (set to 1) by default. That is strange to me also, with skydomes I should get even better fps. Maybe it has something to do that I only have installed Pure or SOL, not both of them?

If i remember correctly with latest Pure skydomes are enabled (set to 1) by default. That is strange to me also, with skydomes I should get even better fps. Maybe it has something to do that I only have installed Pure or SOL, not both of them?
No, that would make no difference. The weather script is completely separate.
It is default at 1, but if you have set it at 0, it is still at 0 after the update. Your personal config settings are not touched with the normal update.
So maybe have a check...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.6%