Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello! I am new to ASC and to the modding scene. I get the basics and have gone through a few download step-by-step tutorials, however. The step that I am stuck on is the SOL install step. When I download the files and drag them into my root files for ASC I noticed something is wrong. under the MODS file from the most recent SOL 2.2.5 I have 3 out of 4 files present; apps, content, and extension. but I AM MISSING THE SYSTEM FILE. why is this happening and how can I fix this issue, please?!?

Hi,
i cant' save my config with the Sol Config App, any idea ?
It happens somethimes with windows 7 or a username with non standard characters.

You can define your dcouments folder or another folder manually here:
1674475998781.png

1674476029238.png

Hello! I am new to ASC and to the modding scene. I get the basics and have gone through a few download step-by-step tutorials, however. The step that I am stuck on is the SOL install step. When I download the files and drag them into my root files for ASC I noticed something is wrong. under the MODS file from the most recent SOL 2.2.5 I have 3 out of 4 files present; apps, content, and extension. but I AM MISSING THE SYSTEM FILE. why is this happening and how can I fix this issue, please?!?
You mean you have just 3 folders inside the MODS folder inside the downloaded 7z file?

Hi, I have CSP 0.1.76 and SOl 2.2.5 loaded. When i try an offline race (pull to the side of the track) and try the planner it keeps telling me that 2.2 isnt loaded? then when i go back to CM and Weather FX it just says SOL not Sol 2.?. i know it doesnt work online or replay but this is neither)
Thanks
Andrew

Last edited:
Hi, I have CSP 0.1.76 and SOl 2.2.5 loaded. When i try an offline race (pull to the side of the track) and try the planner it keeps telling me that 2.2 isnt loaded? then when i go back to CM and Weather FX it just says SOL not Sol 2.?. i know it doesnt work online or replay but this is neither)
Thanks
Andrew
Is there a Sol 2.2 entry in the weather controller list?

Peter Boese updated Sol with a new update entry:

Sol 2.2.6

Sol is now hosted externally, to avoid traffic on Racedepartment. You will find the links in the install guide and on the overview page!

changelog:

- apps: Sol Planner 3.7
# removed wetness finetune
# added unscaled rainFX parameters output
# added rainFX difficulty slider, to control the level of wetness generation
# redefined the rain values

- apps: Sol Planner 3.8
# fixed time multiplier saving

- controller: V2.42
# reworked wetness calculation with rainFX v2
# reworked...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi , I followed the install instructions faithfully, using CSP 0.1.78 and latest CM, and find that when I access the SOL config 2.2 in-game that the performance and nightlook presets on the first page of the config app do not appear to do anything when clicked on. The buttons don't move, there is no sound feedback, and the values on the sliders don't change. Ideas?

First I'd like to thank you Peter for this awesome addition to the game.
However, I'm currently facing an issue with weather transition which I'm not sure is normal:
I would set different weather conditions in the time sequence slots (e.g. 3 mins of overcast followed by 3 minutes of sleet followed by 3 minutes of thunderstorm, etc.)
But, there seems to be no smooth transition between weathers. While racing the sky color and cloud formation would suddenly change in a snap, as opposed to gradually transitioning to the next weather, which obviously gives an unnatural feel.

Could I have done something wrong with the set up? I'm on paid CM, CSP preview 1.8, Pure weather.

First I'd like to thank you Peter for this awesome addition to the game.
However, I'm currently facing an issue with weather transition which I'm not sure is normal:
I would set different weather conditions in the time sequence slots (e.g. 3 mins of overcast followed by 3 minutes of sleet followed by 3 minutes of thunderstorm, etc.)
But, there seems to be no smooth transition between weathers. While racing the sky color and cloud formation would suddenly change in a snap, as opposed to gradually transitioning to the next weather, which obviously gives an unnatural feel.

Could I have done something wrong with the set up? I'm on paid CM, CSP preview 1.8, Pure weather.
Just set a much higher crossfade time in Pure Config app "clouds" tab.

I wonder if you could help me with smth, I am currently able to use Sol 2.2.6 with CSP 1.78 as recommended. The mod is working except for the in game apps allowing to change the weather and planning it on a 24 hours cycle. I use Sol 2.4 and Sol as a weather script, of course the apps are selected in the apps setting menu of content manager.
If this can help, I downloaded the mod thanks to content mananger, cause I don't have the software to unzip .7z files.
Thank you in advance and sincere congratulations for the mod, it is, even without the apps, a must have.

I wonder if you could help me with smth, I am currently able to use Sol 2.2.6 with CSP 1.78 as recommended. The mod is working except for the in game apps allowing to change the weather and planning it on a 24 hours cycle. I use Sol 2.4 and Sol as a weather script, of course the apps are selected in the apps setting menu of content manager.
If this can help, I downloaded the mod thanks to content mananger, cause I don't have the software to unzip .7z files.
Thank you in advance and sincere congratulations for the mod, it is, even without the apps, a must have.
Please read the install guide. You need to install it manually!
Get 7z app and extract the apps, content, extension and system folder to AC root folder.
You need to do this out of CM, because sometimes there are file permission issues.

If its still not showing the app ingame, please open the CSP python apps debug ingame, switch to "log" tab and post the error.

Hi everyone I have problem with Sol...
When I selected sol 2.4. in Weather FX. When I lauch game he automaticly drop to default Sol. I tried to completely unistall game, unistall weather fx from documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extensions. And completely re-install content manager, and I deleted OneDrive from Pc?
Any idea what is that. I'm so tired...

Hi.

I have a little problem there.
After the update I always have small dropouts. The image freezes. But the game continues.
I didn't have that with the previous version.
It doesn't matter whether I use Kuno's racetracks or others.
Any idea what could be causing this?
Otherwise great work.
I use a 3070ti, i7 10th Gen., 32 Gbyte

I have a noob question, does SOL + CSP preview have an effect on AI behavior? Are they also going slower, or are they always at a pace like on a dry track? And what about rain tires? It would be great if all this also affected the AI somehow... AI switched to rain tires during the race, etc.

Last edited:
Hello and thanks. I have the previous Sol version installed. I've copied the uninstall file into the AC folder as described in the instructions but when i double click it or try to run it as administrator the small black log window appears for just a tiny fraction of a second and disappears so i basically am not able to uninstall Sol. What could be the issue? What could i do? Thank you

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.8%